Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

i have a 3g upgrading it to 3.0 when i open cydia i get this message
    Did not find repository
    The indicated repository could not be found, this could be because you are trying to add a legacy installer repository ( these are not supported) Also this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URLs. If you host a repository and are having issues please contact the author of cydia with any questions you have.

what does this mean, what option do i choose when i first open cydia and are they related?
    please help

Quote Originally Posted by RickSteele View Post
    i have a 3g upgrading it to 3.0 when i open cydia i get this message
    Did not find repository
    The indicated repository could not be found, this could be because you are trying to add a legacy installer repository ( these are not supported) Also this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URLs. If you host a repository and are having issues please contact the author of cydia with any questions you have.

what does this mean, what option do i choose when i first open cydia and are they related?
    please help
    ok i narrowed down the problem, when i open up cydia Manage/Installed i see a list of bunch of stuff, but when i open up sources i dont see a thing, when i type the repo666 url i get the above message, what can i do?
    Last edited by RickSteele; 2009-06-26 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

make sure you use a zero in the 666 repo, not an O, oh

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    make sure you use a zero in the 666 repo, not an O, oh
    i did i still get the same message as above

yeah i had same problem i restored and set as new phone lost all my contacts tho works a treat now

i think some of the problems with cydia have been installing packages 3.0 doesn't like

i tried to download a ringtone and midway through the screen flashed and it restarted. cydia then will open and immediately close due to the unfinished installation. in light of this i'd suggest not downloading ringtones unless someone else has had success with it?

edit
    Last edited by RickSteele; 2009-06-27 at 09:22 PM.

What do I need to do if I want to update firmware, but I am already jailbroken in firmware 2.2.1??? really needs 2 know!!!!

Restore to 3.0 and RedSn0w.
    Do not restore a backup but set up as a new phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Restore to 3.0 and RedSn0w.
    Do not restore a backup but set up as a new phone.
    Will that delete any of my jailbroken apps? I have a lot of stuff on MxTube, Winterboard, and dTunes.

still confuzduld.

Yes it will. If you want to keep your stuff don't upgrade or find a way of copying it off yoour phone first.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

so set up as a new phone then install redsnow?

You've got it.

sorry for buging , im going nutts here its been 5 days, when i restored as a new phone it restored all my apps, i dont think i know what you mean by restore as new, can you please guide me step by step.

Thanks

It shouldn't have restored your apps until you sync from a backup. Just click restore.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

RickSteele (2009-06-28)

In iTunes on the Summary Page you have the choice of 'Update' or 'Restore'

Click Restore.

Do NOT restore from a backup, set up as a new phone and all should be OK.

When you synch your restored phone you will get all your App store apps back and if you synch your contacts to a mail program you will get them back but restoring from a backup made in a previopuse FW is waht causes the vast majority of problems.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

RickSteele (2009-06-28)

from the summary i clicked restore a pop window asked if i wanted to backup i click NO ( i could care less about my apps i want the phone to work)i get to the download page it downloads a IPhone Software Update 230.1 MB when it reaches 230 MB it times out ( cancels the download) it asks to check my network settings lol im officially mental now.
    Last edited by RickSteele; 2009-06-28 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks

go directly to iTunes.com and download it from there then.

i just did redsnow and ultrasnow and my 3g and everything worked perfect. thanks homies

just got one question. what do i do about mms?

Thanks

That's so cool. See you did your homework, asked questions and Wa La.

MMS, set it up like you would have done for swirly.

Default 2.2.1 bootloader 5.09
    is this working with an iphone 3g 2.2.1 baseband 2.30.3 bootloader 5.09

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast