Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

i never installed icy, i left the tmobile sim in while doing redsnow, i shut off 3g, still no internet conn.

Hey guys, if you are having similiar problems like Cydia is giving internal eror message, when jailbreaking, DO NOT install Icy. Please have a look at Joe Tech How To Fix Cydia’s Internal Error During An iPhone 3.0 Redsn0w Jailbreak

It solved my problem. Cydia works fine, upgrades all the packages as normal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did you install ultrasn0w?

Quote Originally Posted by RickSteele View Post
    i never installed icy, i left the tmobile sim in while doing redsnow, i shut off 3g, still no internet conn.
    you need to install ultrasn0w to use tmobile. just restart after installing that and you should be fine.
    Last edited by jl6x; 2009-06-25 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok, so now can i download the final cut of itunes? now that redsnow is out? im already jailbroken and am still running itunes 8.2 beta, just wondering if it was safe now to download the real deal? or is the beta version a better one to hold on to?

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    ok, so now can i download the final cut of itunes? now that redsnow is out? im already jailbroken and am still running itunes 8.2 beta, just wondering if it was safe now to download the real deal? or is the beta version a better one to hold on to?
    All new tools work with final versions - time to update!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    For all of you still having problems
    1) Waiting for reboot is caused by selecting the wrong ipsw - make sure you use the one you restored too

7) Avoid using Vista to upgrade to FW3.0 - it causes problems not found on OSX, XP or Windows 7

Any further problems post back - I'm sure someone will be able to help.
    That's crap. I'm not new to jailbreaking by any means. I've been doing this since 1.0.2 and have jailbroken by numerous means, rarely with problems like this. I can assure you 100% that I am using the same and correct ipsw, but still hang on waiting for reboot. I've never been unable to jailbreak before and now I've been trying for days. One other thing before you even ask, yes I have compatibility mode on, ran as administrator, and have even tried on my wife's laptop, running xp.

Also, what's your source on saying avoid vista? What does vista do that the other os' don't?

A lot of people have had problems just upgrading to 3.0 on Vista (I did with my daughter's iPod Touch) which I believe are due to USB driver problems (same happens with WM devices)
    OSX 10.5.6 has problems with Waiting for reboot as well but can be worked round.
    Most people having this problem find it is cured by selecting the correct ipsw, if not then a different machine usually helps.
    You are using iTunes 8.2, RedSn0w 0.72 and the standard (not custom) ipsw?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

hi .. I tried to unlock my iPhone but I was unsuccessful. Can u tell me how to unlock my 8GB iPhone.

ok.. i have jailbroken my iphone to 3.0 with cydia and did not install icy. works great but with 1 problem. when ever i download something free from the APP store it would install but would not load the program. i have tried to reboot and respring and also uninstall and reinstall still the same issue. anyone having this problem.

every time i try to restore to the 3.0 firmware i get a corrupt file error. it says " could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt." i have downloaded the restore from 3 different sites and i still get the same error. what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    For all of you still having problems
    1) Waiting for reboot is caused by selecting the wrong ipsw - make sure you use the one you restored too
    2) I did say restore not upgrade - upgrading causes problems.
    3) Most cydia problems are caused by installing Icy - my advice? Avoid.
    4) On an official carrier activate in iTunes before Jailbreaking otherwise leave SIM in for RedSn0w
    5) Cydia will be on page 2 after RedSn0w
    6) On T-Mob USA turn 3G off before installing UltraSn0w and on any carrier, once it's installed reboot.
    7) Avoid using Vista to upgrade to FW3.0 - it causes problems not found on OSX, XP or Windows 7

Any further problems post back - I'm sure someone will be able to help.
    thanks for the confidence. installed like you suggested and works perfectly

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragon RR For This Useful Post:

Iphonefanatic (2009-06-26)

I have just download the IPSW file. BUT I cant seem to get into IPSW format for Redsn0w to recognise it as a firmware. Do I need to rename file or something? Please help...

How are you downloading it? If you are using Safari see here.

ebie-
    You need to make sure that you remove the .zip extension on your ipsw download. Change it to dot ipsw and you should be good to go. Hope that helps!

help me too !!!!! what if the iphone did the opposite thing ??? so is not jailbroken nor anything it says i need to connect to itunes like it would be a new one ????? ToT OR IT WAS BEACUSE OF THE VISTA OS?????
    Last edited by cknd2god; 2009-06-26 at 05:10 PM.

You need to restore as a new phone. If you stop shouting and typing?s and actually tell us what the problem is someone will probably be able to help. As it is I have no idea what you are asking.

i dowloded the firmwear and when i clicked the browise it keeps saying unable to recognize specified IPSW

help me someone!!!!!! i downloaded the firmware for 3.0 and i can't get the files to unzip, is there something easier?

Quote Originally Posted by scincade View Post
    help me someone!!!!!! i downloaded the firmware for 3.0 and i can't get the files to unzip, is there something easier?
    if your using safari dont, use firefox and download to the desktop the steps are simples after that

using windows. is that bad?

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast