Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mortician View Post
    I just took the 3.0 upgrade but once it was complete and I rebooted the phone cydia dissappeared as well as winterboard. I was supposed to go into cydia and add a source but cant because I dont know where it went. Any ideas? Please.
    Did you re-jailbreak it? I know silly question, but you didn't say what you did after the 3.0 update.

Quote Originally Posted by jl6x View Post
    Does anyone having problem after jailbreak with redsn0w 0.7.2? It jailbreak fine, however it won't install programs in cydia. I had try it few times now, and still having problem with cydia and sometime even icy. When jailbreak with redsn0w 0.7.1 everything works fine, just no icy. Redsn0w 0.7.1 works great on 3 iPhone 3G 3.0. Redsn0w 0.7.2 no luck with working cydia and icy.
    Sounds like you may have to restore and give it another go.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-06-24 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1 qn, when we j/b using redsnow do we need to have AT&T sim card on it?
    I did another try and screen stuck at device rebooting then i restart redsnow again and it goes to first,second and third stage then device reboot. Screen turn blank and i need to reboot again and shows the normal screen which i need to activate using AT&T SIM.

Thanks. Just got done, and i have my warm fuzzy feeling back again.

is the part where it says waiting for reboot suposed to take this long?

my experience if it take that long on rebooting , you are stuck. i have the same experience also. Can i downgrade back to 2.2.1 firmware? i tried to restore to 2.2.1 and i am getting a error

if i j/b my iphone 3gs and i need to bring it to apple can i always go back to itunes and restore back to factory setings a`m sorry i`m new

i like to know just in case

hello
    Last edited by yumac69sr; 2009-06-24 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

why is my redsn0w stuck on the waiting for reboot screen...i leave it there for like 10min and nothing happens.....how can i fix this?

Hi all,

Finally manage to j/b the iphone. Try usign another laptop
    which does the trick...

Quote Originally Posted by jam2320 View Post
    It finally worked and then I logged into Cydia, it asked me to update several sources, updated, and now when I log into Cydia it says the network cannot be found. Not good.

I got similiar problem. After jailbreaking my iPhone 3G FW 3.0 using redsnow 0.7.2, I got everything working EXCEPT cydia and Icy. Both of them downloads files whenever trying to upgrade/install any program but gives an error message like "cyclic redundancy" and package installation fails. Tried restoring and jailbreaking from fresh several times with no luck. As a result, my cydia and icy sits there without doing anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    blkcadi.... I had already try it couple of times now. Just wondering which version of redsn0w did you used, 0.7.1 or 0.7.2? NO problems with 0.7.1, everything works great.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermaze View Post
    I got similiar problem. After jailbreaking my iPhone 3G FW 3.0 using redsnow 0.7.2, I got everything working EXCEPT cydia and Icy. Both of them downloads files whenever trying to upgrade/install any program but gives an error message like "cyclic redundancy" and package installation fails. Tried restoring and jailbreaking from fresh several times with no luck. As a result, my cydia and icy sits there without doing anything.
    Same problem here guys, So I restore and use redsn0w 0.7.1, which doesn't have ICY. But atleast Cydia works and Ultrasn0w and EVERYTHING ELSE.
    Last edited by jl6x; 2009-06-24 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have this same issue. have you found an answer?

guys I think I messed up. I am only getting the usb and itunes symbol on my screen. I was running 2.2 what can I do? Do I up restore and upgrade using itunes?

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i suscesfully jailbroked via redsn0w and unlocked using ultrasn0w..... from the first try.. Didnt do anything special... but i did do one thing when using the new version of redsn0w... and that was NOT installing icy from the get go just Cydia... then later one installing it....

A few questions to those who got 3.0 up and running.. im on a 3g with tmobile... a couple of funny things happening.. ummm first off whenever i respring... i get the spinning wheel for a sec literally then just a blank screen... not the usual... usually get the spinning wheel.. it spinss.. and stops spinning but still shows the image till the respring is done.. so is anyone else got that ?

Also when my battery percentage is low.... You know how ur iphone will start warning you at like 20% and 10% that you have this much left blah blah blah... well mine show some huge *** number that doesn't make sense... like 239040948294% is left on ur iphone WEIRD ?? Anyone else got this problem ?
    Last edited by imagineThiss; 2009-06-24 at 03:56 PM.

When I try to upgrade my cydia, or download anything from cydia, I get this error message "Internal error, could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential" also, I'm getting a message "Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code(2).... any ideas?
    Last edited by Buster83; 2009-06-24 at 04:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buster83 View Post
    When I try to upgrade my cydia, or download anything from cydia, I get this error message "Internal error, could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential" also, I'm getting a message "Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code(2).... any ideas?
    when jailbreaking did you install both cyida and icy ?

Default No internet connection
    ok i "had" a 3g with 2.2, i upgraded my itunes to 8.2, restored my FW to 3.0 all went well, installed redsnow 0.7.1 and (tried redsnow 0.7.2 also) when i go to cydia i get no internet connection so i cant get ultrasnow i turned wifi on i get a good sginal But still cant get an internet connection, i tried both redsnows and restored it 5 times so far still nothing.
    Please help

sounds like the completely successful jailbreaks are very few and far between for winpwn at least. i'm guessing some dev's are working on the seeming problem with the .ispw so would someone mind posting a new thread when the problem is resolved? it would be a lot more convenient than searching through posts of this thread.

when using ultrasn0w 0.7.2 dont check both icy and cydia. only check cydia and it should work fine. i had to restore and jailbreak 4 times to figure this out
    Last edited by keekee1987; 2009-06-24 at 10:28 PM. Reason: mis spelled words

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Jailbreak my coworker's iphone with 0.7.2, however without icy and everything works great. JUST REMEMBER NOT TO INSTALL ICY FOR NOW.

[email protected]
    From what I had read, try turning off 3G. It suppose to work better on Edge with T-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster83 View Post
    You need to do a restore again and this time when jailbreak, DON'T install ICY.
    Last edited by jl6x; 2009-06-24 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For all of you still having problems
    1) Waiting for reboot is caused by selecting the wrong ipsw - make sure you use the one you restored too
    2) I did say restore not upgrade - upgrading causes problems.
    3) Most cydia problems are caused by installing Icy - my advice? Avoid.
    4) On an official carrier activate in iTunes before Jailbreaking otherwise leave SIM in for RedSn0w
    5) Cydia will be on page 2 after RedSn0w
    6) On T-Mob USA turn 3G off before installing UltraSn0w and on any carrier, once it's installed reboot.
    7) Avoid using Vista to upgrade to FW3.0 - it causes problems not found on OSX, XP or Windows 7

Any further problems post back - I'm sure someone will be able to help.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Dragon RR (2009-06-24), Iphonefanatic (2009-06-26)

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast