Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Question I need help
    I just tried to jailbreak my 3g put it didnt work...
    Im stuck with this screen now....

help?
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

i had problems with black screen... i chose not to install icy and it went well so i guess there is a little chance that icy makes this jailbreak bug (7.2)

is there a tut for adjusting the mobile substrate??

Quote Originally Posted by veritas12983 View Post
    yo guys when i extract redsnow its asking me to replace files and crap so i clicked skip and than a bunch of yes's. now when i used the program, it was successful until the phone went on to downloading jailbreak date and its just stuck there for like 10 min. now it goes to the connect to itunes screen. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!
    This is exactly whats happening with me... I'vee tried like 5 times now... please help me!!
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

I Finally got this to work.. thank god... you dont even want to know the trouble i went to to get this jailbroken... its making a long story short.

i re-did my computer to factory setting and(Glad i did it, my computers seem Fresh) started out with a brand new computer and got every thing back the way i wanted it to and did the jailbreak, just got done after 5 hours of getting my computer back to normal.

I finally got mine to work. I installed the Homescreen 2.0 and there was a lot of ghosting on it, I wonder if thats the homescreen lockscreen though.

Default internet after jailbreak
    jailbreak was smooth... but now my internet connection is messed up, what do i do??

i have tried alot of times restoring and going to DFU mode and i see alot of others like me stuck at the rebooting. shows a white screen and whole dark screen and nothing happens. there is no HDD icon. please help!
    could do we do it manually instead of using redsnow? need my iphone 3g
    Last edited by middy13; 2009-06-23 at 05:42 PM.

Default help please
    i am having trouble jailbreaking my phone. the screen goes white real quick then goes blank, the phone is still on just a blank screen and nothing happens. what is going on? any help please

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

If your stuck, you'll HAVE TO put in DFU mode restore in iTunes and retry guys.
    Good luck.

the problem is i have tried alot of times following the steps and video. on different timings/secs still doesnt work. Is there another way for DFU?
    I have spend the past 6 hours trying to j/b but to no avail

Mine went hassle free, just trying apps and themes to see which ones work and dont

im having troubles upgrade to 3.0 from what i have now..which is 2.2 firmware with the 2.28 BB....anyone help mee?

I had to restore as a new iphone and upgrade to 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Neilvx View Post
    I had to restore as a new iphone and upgrade to 3.0
    you talking to me?

haalp
    Last edited by myke55; 2009-06-23 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

first off i want to say thankyou to the dev team for getting the app out to us window user but i have a problem i went with all the direction for the jailbreak steps but then now my phone is stuck at the DOWNLOAD JAILBREAK DATA i didnt pull the phone out or anything so i keep it in now its on that screen for about 30mins now can anyone help me out?

Is there a non-zip version of redsn0w I can download somewhere? I can't unzip the file on my lappy for some reason...

Yea, I can't unzip it without having to rename all the files. I can't change them back after it's done either. I think this may just be a problem with the files redns0w is providing. If no solutions come up I'll just wait for the next version to be released... I have an OCD thing about downloading something that's not completely up to date, so 0.7.1 isn't an option :P
    Last edited by Schory; 2009-06-23 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Sorry
    Im sorry to say this but...
    Wait no im not. YOU GUYS RULE.. This is the first time ive Jailbroken my iPhone and was recomended by my nerdy friend and it is brilliant.
    Love you all

Thanks

I just took the 3.0 upgrade but once it was complete and I rebooted the phone cydia dissappeared as well as winterboard. I was supposed to go into cydia and add a source but cant because I dont know where it went. Any ideas? Please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does anyone having problem after jailbreak with redsn0w 0.7.2? It jailbreak fine, however it won't install programs in cydia. I had try it few times now, and still having problem with cydia and sometime even icy. When jailbreak with redsn0w 0.7.1 everything works fine, just no icy. Redsn0w 0.7.1 works great on 3 iPhone 3G 3.0. Redsn0w 0.7.2 no luck with working cydia and icy.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast