Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

I'm trying to do that right now. I havent had time to until today. so I was attempting to back up the phone before trying the jailbreak to 3.0 now I'm having the issue with itunes freezing up while transferring one of my apps. i have everything I need to do the upgrade but itunes freezes on me thats my issue.

You should not restore from a backup made in FW2.xx when you upgrade to FW3.0
    Have you upgraded to iTunes 8.2? Have you got RedSn0w 0.80?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

oantixo (2009-07-31)

I havent updated my iTunes in a while. Ive been lookiing for the 8.20 version to download to avoid updating to the most recent becuase I heard it causes problems in the jailbreak. I wasnt looking to unlock it, I use AT&T I just want to run the jailbreak to use winterboard and a few other apps. I have the day off from work and figured I would try to get on 3.0. no I dont have redsn0w i didnt think I needed it unless I wanted to use a sim from a different carrier.

RedSn0w is the preferred JB for FW 3.0. 8.21 tends to cause problems for the 3GS rather than the 3G but 8.20 is safer.
    Download iTunes 8.2.1 (32-bit) - FileHippo.com
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

oantixo (2009-07-31)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    RedSn0w is the preferred JB for FW 3.0. 8.21 tends to cause problems for the 3GS rather than the 3G but 8.20 is safer.
    Download iTunes 8.2.1 (32-bit) - FileHippo.com
    I'm on a macintosh with osx. thats a exe. I cant seem to find a 8.20 version. I'd rather use that so i dont encounter any issues.

I just found it and I'm downloading it. I'll install 8.20 and try to back up my phone using that. hopefully it will work then I can run Pwnage. Ive done this same method one about 20 different phones it's not the jailbreaking that caused an issue I dont think my itunes was able to read some of the newer apps I bought and I think thats why it was freezing during the backup stage. thanks for your time and help
    Last edited by oantixo; 2009-07-31 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks

^Don't restore from backup! It'll cause problems for your phone.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

As Angie says, do not restore a backup made in FW 2.xx on a phone with 3.0 - it will cause problems.

Also, RedSn0w is the most up to date JB tool and far easier. Pwnage has not been updated for FW3.0 and can cause problems.

Thanks

^Pwnage has been updated for FW3.0
    It just hasn't been updated for a while.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Pwnage has not been updated since January, although it will work with 3.0 it can cause problems (eg Logos)

Thanks

^ I think YOU'VE been hit on the head with a tennis ball!
    Dev-Team Blog - trois, drei, ???, három!
    and they also released 3.01 shortly after to support PPC

You're right! Not using it, I'd forgotten about that release. I was just checking where all there other software is on Pirate Bay and the latest there is still 2.25-1.
    Busy trying to stop people updating to FW3.01 at the mo.

Thanks

The latest on Piratebay is 3.01 and it was uploaded on 7/3 (or anywhere besides america 3/7)

OK - so I missed that one.

<Hangs head in shame>

Thanks

Sweet I outsmarted Confucious.

Let's face it, it's not difficult

Thanks

Why do you always put yourself down?
    That's no bueno for self-esteem.

And I have such low self esteem.....

Isn't boneo a dog food?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    And I have such low self esteem.....

Isn't boneo a dog food?
    Haha. Learn basic spanish! It means "good" en espanol
    I knew that word since I was like... five.

Default PwnageTool Crashes while building ipsw file
    Am running Pwnagetool 3.0 on PPC/Tiger in Expert mode for a 3G jailbreak, and Pwnagetool crashes every time I try to build the custom restore file. I am using only the files available on the first post of this thread as they are now.

Can anyone tell me what my problem is? Is the FW3.0 available on the first post of this thread incompatable? Is it a PPC issue?

Thanks

Thanks

For PPC macs you need to use PT 3.0.1 (go look in the Dev Team's piratebay).

I would recommend you update to 3.0.1 and use Redsn0w instead (just give it FW 3.0 when asked)

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast