Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0 - PwnageTool

I didn't actually realise this wasn't a RedSn0w thread....
    RedSn0w is, of course, the way to go whichever network you are on.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^^It's not? Oh.. me neither then.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

This is the pwnage thread - I'd forgotten all about pwnage
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Oh wow. Me too
    Not that it really matters for us windows users.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

it seems i have started a break through for people in realizing this isn't redsnow haha

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why does anyone still use pwnage rather than RedSn0w?
    this is the first time i'm hearing that redsn0w is better than pwnage.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

Pwnage has not been updated. RedSn0w is the latest tool for JB and unlocking the 2G. It is the preferred method for FW3.0

Thanks

Redsn0w is definitely better than Pwnage.
    Pwnage offers more options but redsn0w is faster, simpler, and almost impossible to mess up

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ ^^ +1 redsn0w FTW

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Redsn0w is definitely better than Pwnage.
    Pwnage offers more options but redsn0w is faster, simpler, and almost impossible to mess up
    What more options does pwnage offer?
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    you can unlock the iphone and change the bootlogo
    Ouch!
    One reason NOT to use pwnage is because you can't change the boot logo in FW3.0

Pwnage offers the ability to make custom FW, such as using a different BB (useful when 3.1 is released), changing the partition size (useful for old iPod Touch's so I believe), changing the Boot logo (only pre 3.0) etc.

There is nothing useful for FW3.0 and you can end up getting something that won't work.

Just use RedSn0w. Hopefully pwnage will be updated for FW3.1 and not give you the options that are not relevant to FW 3.x

Thanks

well it does change the boot logo to a pineapple but yeah this person is right redsnow is the best way and if you need to unlock i'm pretty sure you can in cydia right? i don't know cause i'm on att

Thanks

This person?
    Yes you can unlock by installing ultrasn0w though Cydia

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    well it does change the boot logo to a pineapple
    RedSn0w Does not change the BootLogo on FW3.0 (and it's a pwnapple) - are you saying pwnage does on FW3.0? I did not believe it was possible.

Thanks

yeah if i remember correctly the first time i tried to jailbreak before i knew aobut redsnow was with pwnage and it changed it to a pwnapple so you call it haha and it was on 3.0 but then i coudlnt' get it to just jailbreak it would unlock it so i researched and found resnow so i got rid of it... redsnow doesn't put the pwnapple

Does anyone know if it matters which version of iTunes in being used? I never updated mine becuase I read that apple put some kind of jailbreak/unlock patch in the new version and you could never unlock of jailbreak your iPhone after installing the new iTunes update. only thing is I am trying to back up my phone and it keeps freezing on a new app I bought. any suggestions or recommendations?

8.20 is fine. 8.21 is Ok if you've already JB but could cause problems. What version are you on?

iTunes 8.0.2 with a pwnage jaiilbreak 2.2 on my iPhone 3g 16gig

8.02? FW2.2? Why?
    Upgrade to 8.20 and FW3.0

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast