Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easily Enable Tethering on 3.0 via iPhone Safari!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    Maybe not the thread for this but is anyone having issues getting there iphone to connect to their mac via bluetooth? I am able to get it to pair but I can't get it to connect.
    i posted a link a few pages back. that got it working for me on my macbook pro.
    i think you are connected, just need to go into network prefs. see that link.

Quote Originally Posted by abobader View Post
    You put that in the iphone:
    Settings - General - Network - Cellular Data Network - MMS

My best

I do not get this part: Cellular Data Network - MMS Any idea?

Thanks, Raxxal

it would suck if you guys tethering already get a huge bill from ATT for the charges lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BoostedEvoIX For This Useful Post:

creolesoul (2009-06-18)

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think they will. I think that it just draws fom your data plan. I know with mine it's unlimited. You could probably check now and look at your bill usage.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST AN UPDATED IPCC FOR MMS AND TETHERING. I do not have the option in my settings for cellular data nework to enter them manually unless I am really missing something...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

I managed to do it, but its not working right now, I appears on my pc as a modem, but no activity is made. Restart pc, restart iphone, but no data coming in or out. Safari works good,but no internet for my pc for now

EDIT: LOL Im so stupid, the problem was that the pc cant have 2 active conections at the same time, something inside me tell to disable my cablemodem and MAGIC, Im tethering with my iPhone, love this stuff!!!!!

Last edited by chemalito; 2009-06-18 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    i posted a link a few pages back. that got it working for me on my macbook pro.
    i think you are connected, just need to go into network prefs. see that link.
    Thanks I saw that link. But my iphone is indeed not connected to my mac. I'll try on another machine when I get home. I am able to pair the two but just can't connect them. Both the iphone and the mac say they are not connected but the mac is saying its paired with the iphone.

Thanks

You shouldn't appear as a modem. It should show up as a local network connection. Make sure tethering is enabled before you plug it in.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks I saw that link. But my iphone is indeed not connected to my mac. I'll try on another machine when I get home. I am able to pair the two but just can't connect them. Both the iphone and the mac say they are not connected but the mac is saying its paired with the iphone.
    have you tried through usb yet?

hook it up, then pair the device. i know it sounds strange being hooked and pairing but try that to eliminate things.
    then obviously go to bluetooth/devices/whatever your phone is named/connect to network.

Tethering is not free, on 02 uk its about 14 for 3gb.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrizzyj View Post
    Tethering is not free, on 02 uk its about 14 for 3gb.
    i'm on 02uk and at the moment i think this trick is bypassing the system. i keep checking my usage but nothing is as yet showing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fluffer For This Useful Post:

chrizzyj (2009-06-18)

we dont have to pay for it right?????

have you tried through usb yet?

hook it up, then pair the device. i know it sounds strange being hooked and pairing but try that to eliminate things.
    then obviously go to bluetooth/devices/whatever your phone is named/connect to network.
    I haven't yet, I didn't bring my iphone cable to work. I will test it when I get home. I have tried all that on the bluetooth side, it is definitely pairing, I have to enter the code on the iphone, but that's as far as it gets. I just tried it with an XP machine and it worked no problem via bluetooth.

Thanks

Cool glad you got it. So there you go pc users in some cases you may need to disable your existing connection.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I haven't yet, I didn't bring my iphone cable to work. I will test it when I get home. I have tried all that on the bluetooth side, it is definitely pairing, I have to enter the code on the iphone, but that's as far as it gets. I just tried it with an XP machine and it worked no problem via bluetooth.
    go back to my post on page 2 i think. i posted a couple of pictures. are you going through the bluetooth device connection steps. not pairing, you have to pair, then connect afterwards.

I could not download the 3.0 update with I tunes, because my hughesnet sat internet kept stopping (IT SUCKS). So I downloaded from the direct link under the 3.0 is here post. I updated my 3G with Itunes. went well, but I have no tethering option under settings/general/network. Don`t have option to send picture in messages either. Version 3.0 (7A341) Can someone educate me please?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmaster View Post
    I could not download the 3.0 update with I tunes, because my hughesnet sat internet kept stopping (IT SUCKS). So I downloaded from the direct link under the 3.0 is here post. I updated my 3G with Itunes. went well, but I have no tethering option under settings/general/network. Don`t have option to send picture in messages either. Version 3.0 (7A341) Can someone educate me please?
    use the first post to get those features.

go back to my post on page 2 i think. i posted a couple of pictures. are you going through the bluetooth device connection steps. not pairing, you have to pair, then connect afterwards.
    Yes, I am going through all of the steps. As I said I can get it paired no problem it just won't connect at all. I've tried all kinds of settings and started over a couple of times. As my earlier post said I got the iphone connected via bluetooth in XP. I'll have to mess with it more when I get home.

Sorry, thanks a lot itb165, need to slow down and pay a little more attention.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, I am going through all of the steps. As I said I can get it paired no problem it just won't connect at all. I've tried all kinds of settings and started over a couple of times. As my earlier post said I got the iphone connected via bluetooth in XP. I'll have to mess with it more when I get home.

so once you were paired did you go to the bluetooth menu in the finder drop down menu and connect through devices?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast