Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hello, Firmware 2.0. Nice to JAILBREAK YA.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ha ha ha kings got all the facts and when is the new video coming?, as much as i want to believe this anyone can mod files photoshop, or anything to make it say 2.0 or 1.2. i want some real proof. video pleace or realy pictures :-/ till then, bring on the "WHERE AND WHEN CAN I GET 1.2!!!!!" "SOMEONE PLEASE LEAK THIS!1!!!!!!!11!!!!"
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2008-03-13 at 12:38 AM. Reason: i suck at splelin ;)

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    Please tell my why you are thanking Zibri? He did nothing, he had no part in this, and he lied, ZiPhone's exploit has been patched in 1.2
    Did Zibri ran over your dog or something? You've done nothing but bash him in this and other threads. He went his own way, the dev team is doing their own thing. Both are tackling on the upcoming firmware through different means and from the looks of it both have gotten past the lock. Bashing someone and just outright trying to dirty their name just makes you look like a jealous 12 year old. If you have something against it, that's your opinion but don't try to belittle someone's achievements because they ran over your dog.

And I'm honestly surprised at the amount of interest people have for a beta firmware. Beta's are hardly known for being stable and they exist only to find, sort, and fix bugs. Let the developers and apple play with their firmware for a bit, and get it to a working stable state which we can then enjoy. We already know the DEV team not only has access to the firmware, but has broken it already.

And last but not least, the dev team has not been secretive of their methods and are sure Apple can't do about anything about it just as Apple isn't intentionally going out of their way to lock the phone over and over again. The fact that a jailbreak breaks when there's an upgrade is not because Apple is out there to get you, it's because they made changes and improvement to how the phone itself work. Please take off your tinfoil hats and chill guys, June will be here soon enough.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2008-03-13 at 12:47 AM.

Thanks

oh god not another DEV FIGHT!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH bring on the imcomplete, limping firmwares!!

You guys are ******* awsome! Mad props!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afgsultaw View Post
    "Firmware 2.0"how can i get this program
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo_Rei View Post
    any word on features?
    Wow, you guys have been living in a cave right? Read this http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54891 or try google...
    Last edited by imode; 2008-03-13 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Please tell my why you are thanking Zibri? He did nothing, he had no part in this, and he lied, ZiPhone's exploit has been patched in 1.2
    relax, have a beer, enjoy the ego stroking comments here and aim the insults/accusations at Jobs where they belong, yeh?

again, great work!

edit: that lists the appstore and enterprise...i was wondering if there were any more?

The reason I gave 2 thumbs up to dev team and zibri because both of them are working on firmware 2.0, and both said their methods would work. Lie or not, only time will tell us.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Can we please keep the dev politics out of our threads...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Isn't this new firmwire supposed to come out in June? If so, NOT GOOD! If it's already jailbroken, apple will release a patch for it or something.

OMFG how many times do people have to say stop saying apple will release a patch guess what They don't know how to patch it Apple stated that it has already been hacked and at this time They have no idea how to fix it I saw this on the Feed JUST NOW!!!! Also its already been said quit saying its going to be patched.

I don't think there isn't anything that the Dev Team can't do. Every single firmware thats came out so far has been jailbroken, thats somewhat telling you something about their skills. I don't think Jailbreaking is going to fail, this shows it right here. I think Apple by now would have patched the stuff, but apparently not if the Dev Team keeps jailbreaking. Either way, We will have the best of both worlds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan0609 View Post
    Out of curiosity who handed you 2.0?... apple is gonna be so upset with you, your gonna get grounded and sent to your rooms... (oh wait you spend all your time in there hacking anyways) lol

thnx guys!
    ummmmmm, apple gave it to him.

i even downloaded a copy just in case they take it down and some one needs it. even tho i have a pc and it is only for macs.

hmmm check the home page of this site man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

lol thnx tattoojack, I figured so after reading all the posts

i just saw that they announced the jailbreak on Attack of the Show including a clip from the unrelated video that was previously posted. They quoted apple as saying "there is nothing we can do about it at this time" Made me laugh good job devs

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

The iPhone Dev Team, who rumor has it just last night got ahold of the new firmware that ships with the SDK (1.2, which will be released to public as 2.0), has already decrypted the disk image and jailbroken the firmware.

This image shows screenshots of apps running on the 1.2 firmware, which requires a dev certificate to do normally, although none have yet been issued. The jailbreak currently only works with hacked activation, meaning it won't work with AT&T iPhone's yet. However, come on, this is like 2 hours ago it happened, you AT&T folk won't be left in the cold.

Props to the iPhone Dev Team on this one, and thanks to King Chronic for the heads up

UPDATED: Here's the video.

Cash UPDATE: removed irrelevant video.
    thaks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

The iPhone Dev Team, who rumor has it just last night got ahold of the new firmware that ships with the SDK (1.2, which will be released to public as 2.0), has already decrypted the disk image and jailbroken the firmware.

This image shows screenshots of apps running on the 1.2 firmware, which requires a dev certificate to do normally, although none have yet been issued. The jailbreak currently only works with hacked activation, meaning it won't work with AT&T iPhone's yet. However, come on, this is like 2 hours ago it happened, you AT&T folk won't be left in the cold.

Props to the iPhone Dev Team on this one, and thanks to King Chronic for the heads up

UPDATED: Here's the video.

Cash UPDATE: removed irrelevant video.
    k thanks so much

thanks

thanks
    Last edited by noapologies001; 2008-03-13 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post

i even downloaded a copy just in case they take it down and some one needs it. even tho i have a pc and it is only for macs.

you have the firmware?
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Default im done with the iphone
    when the android system comes out it will be totaly open and none of this BS will have to be dealt with...personaly i think Steve jobs would be fine with an open iphone but who ever is in charge of the profits thing wont have it so fcuk the iphone as much as i love mine its just not cool anymore, i used to think it was great fun hacking it and being part of the "hackers" kinda LOL but its a pain in the *** having to back it up and rejailbreak when things dont work right and android will be comming out on some pretty sweet phones some of wich are probably going to be running on 3.5-5g so they will blow the iphone COMPLETELY off this solar system and thats just out of the box...all the applications for the thing will be easy to put on it aswell some you have to pay for but others like the stuff we have will be free..but anyways dev team good job and i hope you guys make apps for the android as the jailbreak part wont be needed

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post

You're referring to the SDK.
    That is available to anyone that signs up with Apple.

The beta 2.0 firmware is available by application only and you had to be a corporate entity to apply.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan christopher View Post
    you have the firmware?
    Can't possibly be the firmware. Obviously referring to the SDK.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey my friend thanks to our jailboken iPhones Apple is makeing money, you think they gonna do that? Indirectly they want us to still hackeing our iPhones so they can sell more of them...They are releasing more firmwares and they gonna still doing it, but not impossible to jailbreak
    Last edited by javiert30; 2008-03-13 at 08:29 AM. Reason: add comment

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast