Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

Green Apple
    Thanks

okay, i have 3.0 running nicely.

1. how the hell does autofill work? i have all my info in my contacts etc. have it all set up to go but when i press autofill in safari nothing happens. its not greyed out, just get zero out of it.

2. push in mail? i thought that meant i'd get my mail as they were sent to me. surely i dont need to hve my fetch set to 15/30/hourly etc.

if i'm wrong what the hell is push for in mail. is it that using hotmail is the problem, not the push itself?

and finally, i hear folks were jailbreaking the betas of 3.0. is this still possible with quickpwn in itunes official 8.2? i dont care about basebands and yellowpish!

i know somethings may have been answered before, but i have read all this thread and it's a mish mash of disinfo.

oh, safari 4.0.....anyone know how to get the progress bar back??
    the trick for the beta terminal fix does not work.
    Last edited by fluffer; 2009-06-09 at 11:56 PM.

nike+ doesn't work with my 3g which sucks, cant wait for at&t already

Thanks

hotmail doesnt support imap, which is push email, i believe.

gmail is free and does.

safari 4 = view>show status bar

musclenerd from the dev team says that the new quickpwn + pwnage tool are scheduled for release next week
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post

gmail is free and does.

musclenerd from the dev team says that the new quickpwn + pwnage tool are scheduled for release next week
    thanks reeko.

i have gmail, but ive had my hotmail for years and its my main source of penis enlargement spam

the safari thing is not that. the progress bar in the address used to go across in blue, now all i have is the horrible little loader in the right hand corner. i'm sure someone will come up with a solution.

is it just me or does shift + restore not work? Can anyone help?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    i have gmail, but ive had my hotmail for years and its my main source of penis enlargement spam
    LMAO!!!!!! Literally!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So this is working good for everyone?

Hmmm Im realllly thinkin about upgrading to 3.0, quick question, if I dont like it, can I restore to 2.2.1? and how do I uprade to it? I got the firmware already thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhey2k5 View Post
    Hmmm Im realllly thinkin about upgrading to 3.0, quick question, if I dont like it, can I restore to 2.2.1? and how do I uprade to it? I got the firmware already thanks
    I'd wait. I'm unsure but your UDID might still need to be on a dev account. No one knows if they'll change the baseband between now and the public release.

The only issue with downgrading is baseband activation

Maybe a member here has already upgraded to the GM and isn't on a dev account. If they got activated I would go for it. Just remember, you lose your jailbreak and everything associated with it. I just upgraded 30 minutes ago and I miss it already

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

jhey2k5 (2009-06-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You don't have to registered with a dev to upgrade to 3.0 GM. If you are scared about it requiring you to be registered; if you get stuck for whatever reason I will register you on my account for free.

thanks man, but how do I upgrade to it? do I do a restore like the old firmware (hold shift?)
    Last edited by jhey2k5; 2009-06-10 at 12:54 AM.

any1 no the apn settings for 3.0 pay and go ??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhey2k5 View Post
    thanks man, but how do I upgrade to it? do I do a restore like the old firmware (hold shift?)
    Just do a shift restore

but say if My simcard dont work on the 3.0 sofware, can I downgrade? thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by GZuSB View Post
    just change the apm to payandgo.o2.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GZuSB View Post
    just change the apn to payandgo.o2.co.uk
    Last edited by dannyboy726; 2009-06-10 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just updated to the GM 3.0, my UDID is not registered, and it's fully activated and I get full reception (On Rogers in Canada, iPhone 3G.) It's not really worth it until the final release of 3.0 is jailbroken.

I hit Shift+Check for update instead of Shift+Restore, so all my apps that I may or may not have paid for all crash on opening, and all the free apps like Facebook run fine.

There's a lot of improvements/changes made to 3.0 that weren't advertised a lot by Apple that I and probably most others on 3.0 have noticed, but I would recommend you wait until they release a jailbreak before you update.

If there's anything anyone wants me to test since I'm already on 3.0, PM me or something and I'll test anything out so you don't have to restore/update your device.

And to anyone asking, once you're on 3.0 and you want to downgrade back to 2.2.1 or another firmware, put your device into DFU mode and Shift-Restore from iTunes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to austin5678 For This Useful Post:

jhey2k5 (2009-06-10)

ok goin for it man, hope it works ok

Ahhh Crap, My Simcard isnt supported I brought the fone off the internet and I got a o2 Simcard in there, I fort it would of worked back to 2.2.1
    Last edited by jhey2k5; 2009-06-10 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone else can't seem to get shift+ restore working???? It just restores my iphone back to 2.2.1 wtf... (on 8.2 right now)

so i have a dev account and did the update but the build that's on the dev site is the same as the beta build from a few weeks ago. 7a341 is the one i downloaded in may and the same yesterday. it still feels slow on the phone/glitchy. anyone else have this issue or notice same build?

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post

gmail is free and does.

Gmail doesn't have push on the iPhone.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast