Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Lol! Someone already pointed out the irony to another person complaining about complaining
    Gee, wonder who that was. *sniff sniff*

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Not yet, but your question made me think of a song parody... "I got 99 features and the price aint one" haha.
    If you wantin' to upgrade I feel bad for you son...

Quote Originally Posted by coopa808 View Post
    I'm a 3G owner. I filled out the form to reserve a 3GS and they showed these early upgrade prices.

Review iPhone pricing.

As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

* $299.00* 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
    * $399.00* 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
    * $499.00* 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

looks like i'm **** outta luck thats still way to much.
    i just did this as well. has it been confirmed that people who are eligible for an upgrade will get the new customer price. i know this sounds like an ignorant question but has anything besides NEW customer pricing been confirmed. for all we know even people eligible to upgrade may not get the new customer phone pricing, it wouldnt be the first time. can anyone who is eligible for an upgrade do what was done above to verify?

BTW I just upgraded my phone through ATT to the 16gb May 10 so I am still within the 30 days to send it back. Should I send it back and just do an equipment upgrade when the 32 gig comes out. I would basically come out of pocket 150 IF I am offered new customer pricing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just had another friend call up the same Apple store and was told the same answer that current iPhone 3g customers will get the cheaper upgrade pricing.

Thanks

Just called ATT....said lower upgrade pricing is for existing 3G customers....

Fingers crossed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Riddle me this: If I add a line to my family plan and get the new iPhone, could I get it for $199 (or $299 for the 32gb)...pay the $40 additional ($30 iPhone plan and $10 for the additional line) for a few months, then get a cheap Go phone and say I didn't like the iPhone...and use it on my primary line?

So it'd be $199 for the phone + $40 for a month of service for the new line?

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a question that is not listed in the spects..is it the same plastic back?

I'm with AT&T and at the moment with 1st gen, I'm off contract so I qualify as a "new user" ...but wondering if its the same quality caseing?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default dissapointed
    I was looking forward to a better camera, I dont think I will be buying the new iphone, instead selling my 3g and getting something else, 3mp camera is a dissapointing upgrade. over the last year of having the 3g the only thing i hate is the camera, and 3mp isnt much better, i think most people want a decent camera on whatever phone they have, apple suck

Thanks
    Cool You can get iphone 3GS upgrade discount price after 1 full year with iphone 3g
    If you try and upgarde now there is a $200 premium, but apple upgrade site also says if I wait until (In my case) 13/7/9, i can get standard upgrade pricing.

This i assume will be because this is when I will have completed 1 entire year of my 3g iPhone 2 year contract. Making me eligible i believe for the $199 and $299 price point on the iPhone GS.

By the way i think the new name is lame, and the Hardwear ugrade appears to be very undewhelming. Still at $299 i will upgrade just to get the extra storage on my phone.

(Also after 1yr of using a jailbrocken iphone my battery is toast.

So if you bought the iphone last year. you can upgrade at a discount after 12 full months of ownership.

hope this helps clear things up. I am pretty sure this is correct.

Jim

Thanks

I don't see anything besides RAM that you can't have on any other iPhone that this new one has.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
    If you wantin' to upgrade I feel bad for you son...
    why do i feel like saying
    "I got 99 problems but a bi*ch aint one"

Quote Originally Posted by prozac4312 View Post
    Riddle me this: If I add a line to my family plan and get the new iPhone, could I get it for $199 (or $299 for the 32gb)...pay the $40 additional ($30 iPhone plan and $10 for the additional line) for a few months, then get a cheap Go phone and say I didn't like the iPhone...and use it on my primary line?

So it'd be $199 for the phone + $40 for a month of service for the new line?
    the iphone monthly plan + add on line is $40.00 total. So if you got the iphone on your new line, you have one month to decide whether or not you like the phone. If you dont like it, you return it, and you have the option to cancel your plan. If you wait longer than a month, you're $9.99 add on line is locked in for 2 years. As far as what PHONE you are using on that line, it doesnt matter (to the best of my knowledge).
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

to those who really want it at a reduced price... just cancel your old contract (mine cost me 130 bucks to cancel after 8 months of paid service). Save you a ton of money, probably more than it saved those who just wanted an upgrade price. Sure I will have to sign another 2 year, but it is like 450 bucks versus 700 bucks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

yes it is the same exact back, pretty much the same exact phone as the 3G

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LSZ33 For This Useful Post:

marys25 (2009-06-09)

I have an odd question: in the video where the guy is describing how to use the Voice Control, what is the song that plays when he creates the Genius playlist?

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed the subtitles at the bottom of the vids.
    Last edited by Amraam; 2009-06-09 at 01:02 AM.

so u cant do video editing on the 3G wen u update to 3.0. U have to have the new 3GS to do soo???? does any1 know???

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    I have an odd question: in the video where the guy is describing how to use the Voice Control, what is the song that plays when he creates the Genius playlist?
    You probably have an iPhone why don`t you use Shazam?

there is something wrong with att
    shoot do we know the processor?
    and how about the matte back?
    when is that coming?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post

the iphone monthly plan + add on line is $40.00 total. So if you got the iphone on your new line, you have one month to decide whether or not you like the phone. If you dont like it, you return it, and you have the option to cancel your plan. If you wait longer than a month, you're $9.99 add on line is locked in for 2 years. As far as what PHONE you are using on that line, it doesnt matter (to the best of my knowledge).
    What I meant is...could I keep the plan long enough to be able to keep the new iPhone, but then cancel the iPhone data plan on that line and use the new iPhone on my primary line...Know what I mean?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    It's "99 features but the price ain't one" - you didn't see the guy I was quoting.

If I wasn't white I'd make a rap and put it online

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RexVille View Post
    so u cant do video editing on the 3G wen u update to 3.0. U have to have the new 3GS to do soo???? does any1 know???
    yes, only 3GS can do this.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast