Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    yea but their always going to be dropping a better one every year! so you would always be waiting!
    Of course thats true, but I'm just glad I waited, thats all.

As long as I can keep on jailbreaking with the new one, I'm good!!

but the thing is the new things from semi PA could come out...

Quote Originally Posted by ironwarlock View Post
    contract is up 3/2010 lol and dont want to pay 500 bones for that 32 gig (damn i need that hard drive space). i would be crazy to grabe the 3GS in the third month of next year and lock a two year contract then 3 months later apple releases new model and design. so i have a long wait. 1 year.
    Same boat here. Contract not up until next year. I'll wait for a possible 4G in 2010, only issue is with AT&T and their "not as fast" 3G network. Too bad T-Mo is terrible in my calling area.

I'll be happy with what I've got until then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolander369 View Post
    No thanks.

It's still the same crappy, cheap-looking design as before.

If they ever decide to make significant improvements, I'll be on board.
    sad to say, but i agree,
    it's the exact same design as the 3G.
    need's something new.
    the only thing that really interests me is the 32GB

they upgraded the features and left the price the same as it was. they'll do the same next year. you can wait till next year but the year after that you're gonna want the new one. Every time they updated the ipod were you pissed? I was but its the same product...they just happen to update it once a year unlike other companies that come out with a new model / version 4 or 5 or 7 times a year. I use my iphone probably 15 times a day at the least so its something that i can justify investing a little in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

ARE THEY CRAZY!!!

we're paying to much money for this damn service!!, don't try to get too much your just going to get less!!

so this is the thanks we get! keep it up and i'll cancel my service

nice talking to ya biggie

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kainisable For This Useful Post:

rolandgabor (2009-06-10)

Default Still
    AT&T still does not support MMS. What a joke.
    Any news when will this S^^T of a cell phone company will support a standard feature of any cell phone since 1990?

I still cannot comprehend why AT&T cannot get MMS working but I had it on my old phone via SwirlyMMS for months, on AT&T?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i think they should have called it iPhone 3GAJ
    its the 3G Almost Jailbroken
    irealsms
    cycorder
    and swirlymms
    all preinstalled!!!

lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    i think they should have called it iPhone 3GAJ
    its the 3G Almost Jailbroken
    irealsms
    cycorder
    and swirlymms
    all preinstalled!!!

lmao!
    Shouldn't that be 3GANJA?
    3g Almost, Nearly Jailbroken, Almost.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ lol

Am I the only one that wants to see a move to shorter terms/contracts along with the move to a cheaper phone?

How about offering the cheaper 8GB iPhone 3G for $99 w/ 2yr contract as announced as well as $149-$199 for the same thing with a shorter 1yr contract?

I'd also like to see unlimited data drop back to $20 like their other phones, especially now that the faster 3GS is the only one that can justify charging more than their other 3G phones.

Quote Originally Posted by josh900 View Post
    Do You think that apple is going to come out with the real new iphone in july like the rummers said because it seems like there was so much proof for most of the rummers that did not come true. Also in there were those rummers that said that apple was going to come out with a cheaper iphone at the WWDC that But it isn't the new one.
    "rummers" LOL

Actually, this news confirms almost every rumor there was except rubberized back (may still be, but it sure seems glossy in that commercial), no silver bezel trim, and front-facing camera. Remember when there was talk of Apple wanting to differentiate more expensive phones with software, rather than hardware, features? Well, they're doing it with the new remote and voice control with the voice that also talks back to you. To some extent, they are doing it by not writing video recording software for the 3G (it's not like it NEEDS hardware for that). The "cheaper" model is the current model, but that's still "rumor CONFIRMED" as far as Apple offering a cheaper iPhone. The higher CPU speed, higher 3G bandwidth, higher capacity, more memory, compass, voice control, video recording, etc all came true.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2009-06-10 at 08:55 AM.

**** AT&T **** apple, ill stick with 3g with out the scam
    3.0 3g *******

Apple should reconsider this upgrade prices, this could be the opening some other brands are waiting for to release a true competitor.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I personally will not upgrade now. It seems like most of the upgrades are from the firmware and all Apple did was gave it more power, better battery life, better camera and more space. Pretty standard really.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

I hope this helps many people out.... I would have liked to placed this somewhere else on the forum as this is what I am going to do... I read a thread over on macrumors posted by Bono2Beagle, this is what he stated to do.... check it out!

I got the 3G on release day last year. Walked into ATT today to get the lowdown on the transition for next Friday. My boss was with me and got his on day one last year too. We were thrilled to find out that we could pre-order instead of having to camp out like last year.

He was told he had to wait until 7/12 to get the subsidized price of $299. Lucky for him he had another number on his plan that was eligible for upgrade enabling him to pre-order and get his phone on release date next Friday.

When I inquired about my number, I was told I was not eligible until 12/12/09. I asked how my boss was eligible next week, yet I was not for another 6 months. They told me, that because the amount of business he conducted on his plan was greater he had special privileges. So basically I got an FU. I was furious and about ready to walk out of the store when the manager told me all I had to do was add an additional line. Transfer the numbers and cancel the new line with-in 30 days and I wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee and

I could get the $299/price. I whipped out the CC paid the man and before I got home had received confirmation that my iphone would be delivered on the 19th. I don't think they are supposed to tell you that, I don't know if he was hookin' me up. I have been going there for 8 years but It seemed easy enough for me. I'll sell my 3G and come out about even.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

mikef (2009-06-10)

WHY AT&T ISN'T SUPPORTING MMS (yet):

This is going to sound absolutely retarded (because it is) but it's 100% true. You know how even with swirlyMMS or that .ipcc carrier edit you need to call AT&T to enable MMS on your phone (or do the swap sim to another phone with medianet workaround which doesn't work anymore I think)?

Yeah, that's because all iPhone plans have a "block" on MMS which then get re-routed to viewmymessage.com. Here's the awesome part. They don't have a bulk option to remove this block from all iPhones account. So to enable it, they need to MANUALLY remove the block from iPhone accounts.

Let that sink in. Millions of accounts, being manually edited.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i was wondering about tethereing while reading an article... It states the ability to tether is part of the new 3.0 OS but AT&T does not support it. what does that mean exactly? Does that mean AT&T customer will get a different version of 3.0 than a user in Japan? How will AT&T not support it?

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i was wondering about tethereing while reading an article... It states the ability to tether is part of the new 3.0 OS but AT&T does not support it. what does that mean exactly? Does that mean AT&T customer will get a different version of 3.0 than a user in Japan? How will AT&T not support it?
    MMS and Tethering need to be allowed/added by a carrier update. They're not enabled by default. Also, it is REALLY EASY to find out if you're using to phone to tether and fine you / disable your account if they're so inclined.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

s4mb4 (2009-06-10)

O2 in the UK will support tethering - but it's a 14/month option for 3Gb!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast