Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    otherwise I am looking for other alternaatives.
    You mean you don't anyway?

I came to the 3G because it was the best phone for my needs bar none. It may have some faults (most addressed in FW3.0) but it is still by far the best phone for me personally.

If I find something better my iPhone will be back on eBay and I will swap in a flash - but I have seen nothing that comes close and don't see anything coming in the near future that's better than the 3G - apart from the 3Gs but that's not better enough for me to swap.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Am I the only one who is kinda glad that it wasnt something that would make the 3g inferior or obsolete. Imagine if this new phone came out and it had all these features that the 3g wouldnt have, then we would be even more upset that we couldnt upgrade without a discount. At the same time, I guess you could argue it would justify paying so much. I would get the 3gs if I was in a position to break even by selling my 3g, but if I had to come out of pocket any I wouldnt do it. A better battery, better camera, and larger storage arent enough for me to feel bad for still owning a 3g.

In retrospect, I stick by my statement of being glad that the 3gs isnt so far superior to the 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    I can't believe more of you aren't upset over the voice command thing. Is there any possible reason why my 6 month old iphone 3G won't be able to do voice command even with 3.0 software?

I agree with the person above that said apple is undercutting its' developers with this phone.

It's not advanced enough to garnish frenzy like the original and 3G had, but it's just advanced enough to make non-eligible, existing customers envious.
    Because it's Apple. It's their marketing scheme, and althought it's sneaky, it works very well. Just look at the iPods. Make it shiny, add a few features that aren't that impressive, and miake millions off people thinking they need to upgrade. They've done that here IMO - the only reason VC is not coming to 3.0 on the 3G (same with MMS on the first gen) is simply to get people to dip into their pockets and make Apple even more filthy rich.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

To Jayman11:

Get the new phone, but keep your 2G to tether.

i need to know which country will be unlocked

by the way i dont know if anyone noticed this but the 3gs has a "Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating" on the screen, according to the apple website

Quote Originally Posted by HANGMAN View Post
    i need to know which country will be unlocked
    The same as the 3G I would assume. Why?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ck View Post
    by the way i dont know if anyone noticed this but the 3gs has a "Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating" on the screen, according to the apple website

that's probably its best selling point

Where can I download a HQ version of the WWDC keynote?

if I purchase my 3gs from Apple and it arrives in the mail, will it have to be activated through itunes like the original....so for sake of discussion I could just wait for a jailbreak and possibly just insert my sim from my rzr v9 (which Ive been using in my 1st gen iPhone) and not extend my contract?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay! I just called at&t and i was curious why it was 499 32gb now 6/19/09 but if i wait until 7/12/09 (1 yr from signing the contract not 2) its gonna be the 299 32gb. I've only had my iphone for 11 months almost, because I bought the 3g the day it came out, which i signed a 2yr contract! And why if i wanted to get it on my wifes line which signed her 2yr contract with a black jack 2 14 months ago (over a year) can't get the discounted price until 12/12/09 (2yrs). She said that if you have a iphone 3g from the day it came out you get the discounted price at 1yr because it was an iphone 3g. But someone who signed it 1yr ago with a different phone don't get the discounted price, because it wasn't an iphone and they have to wait the full two yrs. I hope that makes sense, and helps some people. I know I hate to wait to get it (cause i love having the new iphone's the day they come out) but it seems like a no brainer to wait the few weeks and not pay 200$ more now and only 299 in 2 1/2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Late421 View Post
    if I purchase my 3gs from Apple and it arrives in the mail, will it have to be activated through itunes like the original....so for sake of discussion I could just wait for a jailbreak and possibly just insert my sim from my rzr v9 (which Ive been using in my 1st gen iPhone) and not extend my contract?

Only if you buy it for the no commitment price. In order to get it for a discounted price you have to extend your contract. Its not really relevant how you activate it, you will still have to pay the 30 dollar data plan for 24 months.

ORRRRRRR

have someone in your family or a good friend sign up as a new customer to get it at discounted price. pay for one month of service, cancel after 30 days, pay 175 early term fee THEN swap in your sim card if it is unlockable. continue with plan you have on 2g.

thats the thing...Im eligible for the discounted prices and i can order from apple now at that same discount...if i order it from apple its not gonna come activated already is it? its not like they'd deactivate my current v9 contract phone and I'd have no phone until i get the 3gs in the mail right?...currently i have a rzr v9 contract and not an iphone plan but my sim is in an iphone...if i order my 3gs how will it be when I receive it in the mail? when will the iphone contract start?

basically its not the extending of my contract that I'm curious about as it seemed in my original question, i know that will occur regardless to get the discount...all I'm curious about is possibly being able to keep my v9 plan without having to go to an "iphone plan"....i really hope this isnt sounding too confusing, lol
    Last edited by Late421; 2009-06-10 at 12:47 AM.

not at all, if you look on at&t site it says the data plan is necessary for the life of the phone. so, once you choose to upgrade to an iphone the data plan is going to be added in your basket. you cannot add an iphone and checkout on either site without that data plan. so to answer your question, if you upgrade to the iphone you have to keep it active for 2 years with the data plan the whole time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to brahby For This Useful Post:

Late421 (2009-06-10)

Red face Upgrade 3G to 3G S for $199!
    I bought the original phone when it first came out and upgraded to 3G a year ago for the $199 price and sold the original 2G.

I went online and it gave those prices but also indicated that as of 7/25/09 I can purchase the 3GS for $199 not the prices you quoted!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ Good for you

contract is up 3/2010 lol and dont want to pay 500 bones for that 32 gig (damn i need that hard drive space). i would be crazy to grabe the 3GS in the third month of next year and lock a two year contract then 3 months later apple releases new model and design. so i have a long wait. 1 year.

So...will i be able to have all the jailbroken goodness when I pick up my 3Gs on the 19th? I am sooooo glad i didn't upgrade to the reg. 3g when it came out! I just knew they would be dropping a better one. Plus, I never really liked the whole plastic casing that they been using, I happen to like the metal on the 1G, but 32 gb, damn, can't wait!

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickswagger View Post
    So...will i be able to have all the jailbroken goodness when I pick up my 3Gs on the 19th? I am sooooo glad i didn't upgrade to the reg. 3g when it came out! I just knew they would be dropping a better one. Plus, I never really liked the whole plastic casing that they been using, I happen to like the metal on the 1G, but 32 gb, damn, can't wait!
    yea but their always going to be dropping a better one every year! so you would always be waiting!

so whats the word from AT&T as to when they'll officially be supporting MMS? was it just left open as "later this summer" ?

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast