Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sling is Out, Jailbreakers can Haz 3G

sling has changed they used to be so damn helpful. i forgot my password and they also told me i needed to pay $30.."excuse you, maybe u didnt hear me i just need to reset my password"

That sucks!
    If it's not illegal it's certainly immoral.
    Email them and if they say the same in an email then I think that news needs to be spread far and wide and pressure needs to be bought on Sling to change this policy.
    A review on iTunes pointing this out is a good place to start.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

need a little help if anyone has any ideas

ive got slingplayer working via voipover3g ,3g connects to my slingbox hd ( not pro one ) , and to my sisters slingbox in LA she has solo , but my brothers in Newyork who has let me try his pro-hd ( crashes slingplayer on connecting bit, black dot stops moving and then restarts iphone ) , and his AV just says iphone / slingbox not connected to net.

But all work fine via WIFI

Ive tried installing tricker3g but same results

Im using 2.2.l firmware

anyone please help im stumped

cheers

pk24

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rstuvwxyz View Post
    sling has changed they used to be so damn helpful. i forgot my password and they also told me i needed to pay $30.."excuse you, maybe u didnt hear me i just need to reset my password"
    You simply need to reset your slingbox, and then set it up again. You really don't need a tech support to hold your hand through that.

Anybody know what was updated in Tricker ThreeG? Noticed a new version this a.m.

I am confused on this...if you have a movie playing via slingbox how can a 3G phone keep up with all the data without lagging, or is 3G really fast enough to handle something playing at your home being sent to your phone over 3g while you are in another city?

Thanks for input,

ltp

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

The Tricker ThreeG update just made it also work with Joost.

There's also a changelog on all packages MMi hosts (like Tricker ThreeG) that tells you when and what each change is.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea it just updated the plist for you

Sorry, noob here. How do you know Tricker ThreeG is working? My phone is jailbroken, i have 2.2.1, installed tricker, but still cant connect to slingplayer. Any suggestions?

It will work when I am connected to wifi, but it says it cannot connect when I am on 3G.
    Last edited by MANU7; 2009-05-17 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    The Tricker ThreeG update just made it also work with Joost.

There's also a changelog on all packages MMi hosts (like Tricker ThreeG) that tells you when and what each change is.
    Thanks. Yes, I checked the changelog but it had not yet been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yea it just updated the plist for you
    Youtube and BBC iPlayer support would be appreciated - any chance of that happening?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default tricker threeg
    Ok i searched thru the 11 pages of goodies on here and couldnt find why i cant see tricker threeg after I download it! I am running 2.2.1 and have tried to remove it and then reload it...still nothing. Anyone help?

maybe someone can help me with tricker threeg. Ive searched and cant find why it doesnt show up on my phone after I install it. Have 2.2.1 and ive removed it and installed it twice.

maybe someone can help me with tricker threeg. Ive searched and cant find why it doesnt show up on my phone after I install it. Have 2.2.1 and ive removed it and installed it twice.
    Last edited by pdxphoner; 2009-05-18 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdxphoner View Post
    Ok i searched thru the 11 pages of goodies on here and couldnt find why i cant see tricker threeg after I download it! I am running 2.2.1 and have tried to remove it and then reload it...still nothing. Anyone help?

That would be because there isn't anything to see. TrickerThreeG does not install any icon. It just installs and works.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

pdxphoner (2009-05-18)

Anyone else having problems getting their Slingplayer to work remotely ? I cannot connect when I am out of my wifi network and on another wifi network even though y laptop connects with no problem . I am using a 2.2.1 (5h11) version Jailbroken 3G iphone .
    I contacted Sling and they asked if I was using a jailbroken phone becuase they said it would not be supported if it was .
    Please help , need it for the NBA Playoffs . Thanks

Thanks

Slingplayer is not supposed to work when not on wifi. The only way to make it work that way is to be jailbroken so you can install TrickerThreeG. Install that, and it "tricks" Slingplayer to thinking that it is on wifi, even when it is only on 3G (or on Edge for that matter.)

But, with that in mind - no, I have no problems connecting at all to any of my four slingboxes. I can connect to any of them anywhere, whether on wifi, 3G, or even on Edge. Viewing is not optimal when on Edge, but it is certainly watchable. I can find no difference at all in the quality between watching while on wifi or on 3G.

Sorry Guys,

I hate to be the possible despoiler of bad news, but it looks like to me that Sling has quickly countered the Tricker ThreeG application or perhaps apple had found away to do so through the firmware update. I just updated 2.21, jailbroke, and installed the Tricker app which still removes the wifi error message in Sling, but instead I now get one that says "SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox. Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet and try again." Perhaps they increased the minimum bandwith settings required so it won't play on anthing but a true WIFI. Perhaps Apple slipped in something into their latest firmware update. I just don't know. Are any of yours still working?

As 2.21 was out before Slingplayer and the Slingplayer app is still on V 1.0 so has not been updated I don't believe there is a general problem. Other people have Slingplayer working fine on 2.21. Have you got the latest version of tricker3G?

This makes sense what you say. Yeah version 1.2- the most recent version. I seem to have good signal strength too. I tried downloading it and removing several times. It definitely does what its supposed to as it changes the wifi only error message, but just doesn't connect when in 3G mode.

When I'm out and about I get great signal over 3g to view sling but at times get what you are talking about. It shuts down due to no connection or some type of interferce....

Thanks

SlingPlayer for iPhone has, and continues to work perfectly over wifi, 3G, and even on Edge. It seems that many of the users here are fairly new to using the SlingBox, and perhaps have never set up their SlingBox for remote viewing. If it is NOT configured properly, nothing you do, no matter what you have or haven't installed on your iPhone or your laptop, etc, will allow you to be able to watch remotely.

My first question is always this - have you EVER watched your SlingBox when NOT on your own home wifi network? Please, before posting here that the iPhone app doesn't work, take a quick trip to the Sling,com web site and get some very valuable help in configuring your SlingBox for remote viewing.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast