Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sling is Out, Jailbreakers can Haz 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I see allot of people on 3.0 and allot of them saying apps dont work including Sling. Why is everyone rushing to use the Betas of 3.0, what do they really give you that 2.2.1 Jail Broken with some apps installed dont ? Why not just wait until 3.0 is out and Cydia and the rest are all up to speed with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    If the link to the firmware gets deleted by mods then feel free to PM me for a link ...
    Lol. As long as its not a 3.0 link, we dont care

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianmarocco View Post
    I also am not able to find Tricker on Cydia as others have said. what repo is it with?
    Tricker ThreeG was gone all morning for me as well. It seems to show up now though. (no more time out errors in Cydia as well)

I was about to try iPhone 3.0 beta until I read that mobilesubstrate wasn't working in 3.0 just yet. (in the works soon though which is great) I'd rather have my slingplayer working over 3G so I'll wait until I hear it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoss View Post
    I see allot of people on 3.0 and allot of them saying apps dont work including Sling. Why is everyone rushing to use the Betas of 3.0, what do they really give you that 2.2.1 Jail Broken with some apps installed dont ? Why not just wait until 3.0 is out and Cydia and the rest are all up to speed with the changes.
    I'm the other way around on that. I've been enjoying 3.0's built in improvements right off the bat. However, I can't say I would have wanted to screw around with Cydia apps to do practically the same thing instead of just running 3.0.

BTW Slingplayer does work with 3.0, it's just tricker 3G that isn't for the moment.

Anyone notice how incorrect the aspect ratios of both 4:3 and 16:9 TV is on slingplayer iphone, you can even see it in the snapshots here. It's like 16:9 is unnecessarily squashed into 14:9 and 4:3 to something even less.
    Last edited by Ozdude; 2009-05-14 at 10:03 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For those having trouble with tricker threeg not showing up in cydia, go in to cydia and tap refresh in the upper left hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by cellmate75 View Post
    Ok
    I am just going to make sure of this one thing
    If I went to another country (or state) and had a box at my house I could still watch t.v. from my phone
    All I need for all this to work is my phone (with slingplayer) and a sling box?
    IF you go to another country make SURE you have an Unlimited international data plan or you'll be BURIED in data fees from streaming video.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To use slingplayer mobile is it necessary that I have a router? Or do I just need the slingbox

Quote Originally Posted by T.Storm View Post
    To use slingplayer mobile is it necessary that I have a router? Or do I just need the slingbox
    It needs to connected to the interwebz.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so I do need a router at home... I just saw a slingbox on the best buy site that says you plug it into the wall and uses the electrical outlets to boost Internet. How does that work exactly? With my set up I don't have my router and my cable box in the same room and would need to drill or at least a 100 ft of Ethernet wire to connect the two and I don't wanna do either. If I have the box connected to my cable box then I can't get Internet if I connect to the router I can't use it with my cable box. Both of those mean I can't use it with my iphone.
    What is a possible solution?

Or wait can the slingbox pick up the wifi signal?

Another question if I don't get the hd slingbox will it still be able to play my hd shows I have on my dvr even if it doesn't show in HD?
    Last edited by T.Storm; 2009-05-14 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I too own a SlingBox Classic currently and the desktop/laptop software works just fine as does the mobile software for ALL other phones. I am not about to risk shelling out $30 bucks only to find out it might not work.

Given the state of the economy right now, they are going to charge the SAME price for software that provides LESS functionality than all other phones? As well as offer all other mobile phones a 30-day trial option to ensure the customer is satisfied? I think not. I should not have to shell out $150 bucks when my unit is functioning perfectly fine.

I just found the emails for the head corporate employees and sent them a respectful complaint urging them to offer a trial period. By doing this, I know I would be happy to spend the money if I find it works without issue, and surely they would see an increase in sales because of this from others as well.

In case anyone else is interested:

Chief Technical Officer: Bhupen Shah bshah@slingmedia.com
    President and Chief Operating Officer: Johnny Gilmore johng@slingmedia.com

I'll post any response/information I find out!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    Was running 3.0 B4 not jailbroken and downloaded Sling.. It worked of course over 3g. Decided to update to B5 and jailbreak with Cydia. Did that not problem.. applied the IPCC to get back my MMS and then installed the 3gfixer or whatever it was called. Sadly, my SLingplayer wont run nor will the appstore.. they just crash back to the srpingboard. I had a cpl apps that crashed in B4 and still do in B5. Anyone else have Sling crashing on B5?? ANY help appreciated.... totally frustrated now
    I tried loading voip3G on my beta 5 iPhone and had the same problem - couldn't use the App Store app.

how do i set up my slingbox to my at&t uverse? anyone know?
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

I have 2.2 unlock with T-Mobile using Edge, does any know if sling would work?
    Thanks

Default pay monthly for a satellite dish on my truck...pssshh
    this is a pic of me using screensplitr, t-mobiles edge{voip hack w/no wifi}and my slingbox av with no problems....IN MY TRUCK Aoowwwwww. a 10 second buffer every now and again but its EDGE can u really complain while already dodging the wifi only bullet? talked to sling and they are already working on an update to address the lack of a power on remote button so remember to leave your boxes on b4 leave in the morning.(part of my new morning routine cable box on...check)

my question is for u guys who know more about bandwith...how much viewing will it take to raise a red flag??? will a couple hours a day seem abusive by the end of the billing period?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by rstuvwxyz; 2009-05-14 at 07:22 AM.

How did you get sling to work with edge?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=T.Storm;4150301

Or wait can the slingbox pick up the wifi signal?

Another question if I don't get the hd slingbox will it still be able to play my hd shows I have on my dvr even if it doesn't show in HD?[/QUOTE]

You need a WiFi adaptor - or the plugs that go through your electricity wires - but they are more expensive and less flexible

If your dvr doesn't show in HD it is highly unlikely that it will record in HD and therefore can't 'sling' an HD signal.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rstuvwxyz View Post
    this is a pic of me using screensplitr, t-mobiles edge{voip hack w/no wifi}and my slingbox av with no problems....IN MY TRUCK Aoowwwwww. a 10 second buffer every now and again but its EDGE can u really complain while already dodging the wifi only bullet? talked to sling and they are already working on an update to address the lack of a power on remote button so remember to leave your boxes on b4 leave in the morning.(part of my new morning routine cable box on...check)

my question is for u guys who know more about bandwith...how much viewing will it take to raise a red flag??? will a couple hours a day seem abusive by the end of the billing period?
    That is sweet. Looks like my truck. hmmm may have to try that out

Just got a slingbox solo and the slingplayer app today. Slinging all day over 3g. Watched my tivo'd programs, fast forward, rewind all works perfectly. I had to get it today because I'll be out tomorrow evening when the Lakers game starts at 6:30. It's gonna be ridiculously sweet watching the game on my iphone! Joy joy joy

For the love of god...just go to slingbox website to see what it is and the site will answer all your questions it ain't rocket science it captures ur tv signal from your home dvr box and pushes it remotely over the net to ur iphone...yes it remotely controls ur tv lets u record shows over the net if u forget..waych all the shows u have at home... worksall over the u.s (thats the point) as long as u got internet wifi or 3g with the hack installed....no it's not like orb...u have to have a physical slingbox hooked up at your house pushing your tv over the internet...simple as that...slingbox.com...aint that hard.....and it's the greatest thing ever...!!!

rstuvwxyz - How did you get your sling box to out put video to an external monitor? r u on 3.0 beta? or 2.x?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast