Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sling is Out, Jailbreakers can Haz 3G

Default Wouldn't this be cool?
    Has anyone tried to get this to work so that you can output the video to a TV?

i remember there used to be an app that would let you select any iphone app and it would send the audio/video out throught the dock connecter...

i tried connecting the video cable to my tv but only got Audio, no video...

You tube still works video/audio out im on 3.0 beta 4...

but how cool would it be to be at a friends house, or traveling and be able to plug your iphone to a tv and pretty much use it like a slingcatcher!

i did notice that the sling player recognized that i had the dock connector plugged in, because it shows dock in the bottom, but i only got audio...

anyone here try this yet?

any way i can get it work on edge on tmobile ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I still don't get why they don't allow 3G use with this program yet Orb is just about the samething if you have a media PC and they allow it. Both programs send a constant stream of audio and video.

At least there is a work around but why should people have to hack it get it to the way Orb can do already.

Does Tricker ThreeG work with any other apps? YouTube? iPlayer? Orb?
    If so, how?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

I also am not able to find Tricker on Cydia as others have said. what repo is it with?

I feel like the price is a total exploit based on the recent news hype surrounding the SlingPlayer, as well as the popularity of the Slingbox. There is no way this app took nearly as much time as, say, Need For Speed ($9.99), took to make. It's totally inconceivable.

Get Tv-Out from Cydia to use tv-out... it'll let you choose which app you want to use

With tricker ThreeG and voipover3g it might work on edge but not sure

Orb has the same issue, Orb won't let you stream tv over 3G but it will let you stream video files
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by Witchpuncher View Post
    any way i can get it work on edge on tmobile ?
    Tricker ThreeG would probably do the trick. But I'm not sure if watching live video over EDGE would look too pretty. Or be possible without ripping your hair out. =]

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    I still don't get why they don't allow 3G use with this program yet Orb is just about the samething if you have a media PC and they allow it.
    Because Orb isn't in the news. And since it's not in the news, it's not going to be as popular. And if it's not as popular, it won't eat up as much of AT&T's bandwidth.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 2009-05-13 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    When I searched I couldn't find it but cydia then refreshed and it was there
    Does it work with other apps or just Sling?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

How is the quality of sling over 3G?? Cause if its anything like watching youtube it sucks!

anyone here can share their slingplayer account?

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

I am mad. i can't find it anywhere I look!?!?!??!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I don't think anyone is going to share their slingbox account info. Most people have it hooked to their main television and wouldn't want random people turning the channels and messing with their programming.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2009-05-13)

^Hahaha, I was wondering how long that would take

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Stealh, have you used the program? (if so, what is the quality like?)

Get Tv-Out from Cydia to use tv-out... it'll let you choose which app you want to use

Works for TV out but the orientation is sideways landscape. We'll have to find another way to view.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    I still don't get why they don't allow 3G use with this program yet Orb is just about the samething if you have a media PC and they allow it. Both programs send a constant stream of audio and video.

At least there is a work around but why should people have to hack it get it to the way Orb can do already.
    I keep thinking the same thing. I've used Orb and it works over 3G. While I'm happy it works thanks to jailbreak, it pains me to think how many non-jailbreak iphone users out there are disapointed 3G isnt supported by default.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

How come I never heard of SlingPlayer, is it only in USA, because I'm here in UK?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    and wouldn't want random people turning the channels and messing with their programming.
    Speak for yourself! That could make watching TV more interesting

Presumably you are running on 3.0b5 and have it working on 3G?

I have a classic and am reluctant to try it as it's not supported and there is no trial version.

With Voipover3G how do you find out what you need to add to the plist to get things working? I would like to get Youtube, Orb and the BBC iPlayer working but, being stupid, i don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    How come I never heard of SlingPlayer, is it only in USA, because I'm here in UK?
    I've had a slingplayer here in the UK for years....
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-05-13 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast