Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 Beta 5 (7A312g) and iTunes 8.2 are seeded to developers

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Very odd! the BB has not changed for 2G and you shouldn't have a problem. Strange indeed!
    Yeah, I am aware... it's killing me! :'(

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

so i had a 3g but it had a accident with a tractor trailer so i still had my 2g and went back to using it is it worth it to go to 3.0 do ou think somebody will get mms working i dont wana buy a new 3g incase there is a new phone in june

Quote Originally Posted by aiacovou View Post
    I successfully updated and i am getting the screenshots above. Do anybody knows any settings to add??

And also, i can't make the tethering feature to work. I am getting the message "o2 must activate..."

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

that looks like the general wap settings I used on my pocket pc phone. the settings I used to use that worked were:

APN: wap.cingular
    User ID: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1 (case sensitive)

post back to let us know if that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiskei View Post
    Yeah, I am aware... it's killing me!
    :'(
    What does it show your BB is?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What does it show your BB is?
    It probably would have been smart to write that down so i'd have it in order to fix the problem but I already went and downgraded to 2.2.1 since it will work once I had flashed the baseband.

i need to wait till the jb comes out to use for t-mobile cuz when i put my sim it say diff detected

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r789456 View Post
    i need to wait till the jb comes out to use for t-mobile cuz when i put my sim it say diff detected
    You can use the beta 4 jailbreak, just point quickpwn to the beta 4 .ipsw and you're good to go.

Straight off their front page.

iPhone MMS Working on OS 3.0 Beta 5
    iClarified - Apple News - iPhone MMS Working on OS 3.0 Beta 5

I updated to the current release of itunes and I was trying to find a link to get the b7 version

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufio View Post
    Straight off their front page.

iPhone MMS Working on OS 3.0 Beta 5
    iClarified - Apple News - iPhone MMS Working on OS 3.0 Beta 5
    Can you explain how to do this:

The act requires the publication of a new .ipcc with a key that activates the MMS. Sending for the iPhone should be done with the first beta of iTunes 8.2, as the current no longer allows it.

Great, i just updated to the latest itunes not 30 seconds ago...

Quote Originally Posted by timtucker View Post
    Always happy to entertain.
    Now you've gone and spoiled it! To be really entertaining you should have not updated and then come back and asked why it didn't work when the beta expires.

It's far more fun when people don't listen and learn

Glad it's all working for you now.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Still no jailbreak .

Quote Originally Posted by prozac4312 View Post
    Can you explain how to do this:
    read the previous pages... or do a search.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daiskei View Post
    You can use the beta 4 jailbreak, just point quickpwn to the beta 4 .ipsw and you're good to go.
    Do not do this. Jailbreaking with the wrong quickpwn patches the wrong kernal into your phone. It may seem like it works but you will have problems.

The Dev Team have proved it can be done - What's keeping you SB? Normally you seem to get the jb done before most people know a new beta has been seeded!
    Any eta?

I wish they could just upload the jailbreak for beta 5 since they already have it done so we don't have to wait anymore.

I'd also like to know how they got MobileTerminal working.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufio View Post
    read the previous pages... or do a search.
    Do I need to update the .ipcc file before or after updating to beta 5?

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    I wish they could just upload the jailbreak for beta 5 since they already have it done so we don't have to wait anymore.

I'd also like to know how they got MobileTerminal working.
    Read their blog and you will find out why they wont. They can't support every Beta release which is why we have people like SB who is willing to spend mnost of his life (or so it seems) doing so.

I'm sure he will release something as soon as it is useable and he can support it!

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    WOW... im happy with the 2.2.1 JB for now, im not going to try and use b4/b5 i think ill just wait for the official release to come out and be jailbroken , then there you go no problem at all all problems solved... mind you its really tepming to try it out lol hearing so much about it

but good luck everyone!
    Funny thoughts running through my head beause of this comment, cause even production application and firmware releases have problems.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast