Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 and iTunes 8.2 Pre-Release.

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

StealthBravo:

I'm not seeing the tethering menu after the beta4 update is because I don't have an active sim? I'm currently using it as an itouch. This is a 1G phone btw.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Well I can see how today is going to be, a crappy one.

Went to install iTunes 8.2 from my 8.0.2 version and toward the end of the install an error came up saying that a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support was already installed(OKed that) then another one came up saying a newer version of Quicktime was installed already.

Frustrated I decide to uninstall iTunes and quicktime and try again. iTunes uninstalls fine but quicktime will not for the life of me, says their is already a newer version installed(I am uninstalling you bastard, I don't care what is installed).

I restart PC and try to install iTunes again but it will NOT. Says there is newer version installed still.

So I am now at the point where I have tried to uninstall everything apple related and if they don't uninstall I have manually deleted their folders under Program Files(which hasn't helped either).

So basically I have no iTunes and quicktime now and 3.0 beta 4 waiting to be installed but nothing will install.

I am running Windows Vista 32-bit

Help Anyone, What Have I Done!!

Thanks
    Your problem is that you're running Vista. Vista has some really bad permission problems (being logged in as administrator and not being able to overwrite some files). I used to work at a computer repair store and 9 out of 10 computers that came in with software problems were running Vista.

And no, I'm not bashing Microsoft, just Windows Vista.

You can try booting to safe mode and logging in as Administrator, then deleting the files from the Program Files folder using command prompt. You can also try using CCleaner, it is really good at uninstalling programs and also fixing your registry.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Green Apple
    Thanks

In my case iTunes (8.2) give an error 3014. "could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3014)". I try both methods shift+restore and shift+update. I get the same message in both. My iphone is now on recovery mode

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    Your problem is that you're running Vista. Vista has some really bad permission problems (being logged in as administrator and not being able to overwrite some files). I used to work at a computer repair store and 9 out of 10 computers that came in with software problems were running Vista.

And no, I'm not bashing Microsoft, just Windows Vista.

You can try booting to safe mode and logging in as Administrator, then deleting the files from the Program Files folder using command prompt. You can also try using CCleaner, it is really good at uninstalling programs and also fixing your registry.
    im running vista and did the upgrade last night with no problems....

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggolow View Post
    In my case iTunes (8.2) give an error 3014. "could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3014)". I try both methods shift+restore and shift+update. I get the same message in both. My iphone is now on recovery mode
    Try DFU mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Steve Jobs~ View Post
    im running vista and did the upgrade last night with no problems....
    I wasn't saying that everyone would have problems with Vista, just that he did. My grandmother runs Vista with no problems, but then again, all she does is play solitaire on it. I've just seen a lot of people having problems with Vista in general. From what HighTymes said, it seems to me like Vista might not be letting him have full access to the files for QuickTime, so he can't upgrade, uninstall, or delete those files.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

he prolly needs to turn the user account control off.

On a side note, iTunes 8.2 enables USB tethering to a Windows (Vista) laptop on beta 3 before ever upgrading to beta 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone have a link to the win 64 installer for the itunes pre-release? much appreciated.
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    Try DFU mode.
    I try that but no luck

Stealth any idea?
    Last edited by ggolow; 2009-04-30 at 12:16 AM.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    good first post

welcome to mmi
    lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

tmaniac (2009-04-30)

I try that but no luck

Stealth any idea?
    Are you on the dev list anyways?
    If your on vista run itunes as an administrator then try to restore if nothing use quickpwn to go back to beta 3
    Last edited by Sk8r789456; 2009-04-30 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Everyone-
    Red? I know it was important but please!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by duceduc View Post
    StealthBravo:

I'm not seeing the tethering menu after the beta4 update is because I don't have an active sim? I'm currently using it as an itouch. This is a 1G phone btw.
    Tethering is for the 3G..
    And you have to be on the Dev list to be on beta 4
    Last edited by Sk8r789456; 2009-04-30 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Double check that a firewall is not preventing iTunes from accessing what it needs to. iTunes 8.2 authenticates with Apple for valid developer status and if your firewall is on can cause problems. turn off firewall and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Red? I know it was important but please!

Just needed it to stand out! Would you prefer this?

HAHA, you are the man! Last night was pretty crazy.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-30 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

doan_1 (2009-04-30)

Just needed it to stand out! Would you prefer this?
    That's far better
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen.

Cannonball!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

FeartheSpear (2009-04-30)

If i didn't know better I'd say you were as mad as I am!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r789456 View Post
    Are you on the dev list anyways?
    If your on vista run itunes as an administrator then try to restore if nothing use quickpwn to go back to beta 3
    Yes I'm

Double check that a firewall is not preventing iTunes from accessing what it needs to. iTunes 8.2 authenticates with Apple for valid developer status and if your firewall is on can cause problems. turn firewall and try again.
    I'll try that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r789456 View Post
    Tethering is for the 3G..
    And you have to be on the Dev list to be on beta 4
    I thought it was only mms that doesn't work on 1G or I read it wrong? I'm on the dev list btw.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast