Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3G Baseband from 2.30 to 2.28

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon_phoneapart View Post
    what about capitalization?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    i like this guy, roflmfao. He has never posted before and then he comes up with this. Priceless.
    +1
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Haha, Lmao

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by walidn View Post
    It doesn't work. Don't even consider it. The 3G is completely different.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome and thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Okay, so here's my question: I'm using an 8 gig 3g. I unlocked and jailbroke ( on T-Mobile). Settings show my firmware at 2.28.00. Software version 2.2 (5G77). I installed 3g fuzzy, just to see what the program does. 3g fuzz says i'm on bl 5.09.

My question is , did version 2.2 come with bl 5.09? I thought that 5.09 could not be unlocked. Or is 3g fuzzy wrong when it queries the modem?

So you are on BL 5.9 - what's the problem? Your BL is irrelevant unless you want to downgrade your BB. Your BL can NOT be changed (I do know it can be but those methods are irrelevent to 99.99999% of people reading this)

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    lmao...noobs

He should know better than to come in here and start correcting others' grammar and other English skills with Napoleon prowling the forum.

I hate people's misuse of English.
    But if I corrected people's English they would just laugh at me so I don't bother (especially as I just know I'd cock up if I tried) so it takes a special kind of person to post nothing but a grammatical correction.
    Personally, I think he should be made a Mod and we should all thank him - or her - or it.

Thanks

It's not a problem at all. I was just curious because I have two other iphones that I have not unlocked because of the 5.09. Just wondering if maybe, and it's a huge maybe, I did something that shouldn't have worked, but did in unlocking my first phone. All i keep reading is that 5.09 cannot be unlocked, so how is it that mine is, unless 3g fuzzy is reading it wrong?

5.09 is the BootLoader. the unlock relies on the BaseBand being 2.28.00
    The BB can not be downgraded to 2.28 unless you have BL 5.8
    If you have never 'upgraded' your BB above 2.28 your BL is irrelevant.

Thanks

Gotcha. Now I know. Thank you very much!

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I have a question, I got a replacement iPhone from Apple store. Well it already has 2.2.1 (5H11) and modem Firmware of 02.30.03

But how would I be able to SSH into the phone if i cant install SSH onto it?

Why can't you install SSH onto it?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ lmao

Yea, what is the problem with installing SSH?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What a silly question, :lol:
    Make sure your jailbroken first with QuickPwn or something.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

@stealthbravo

sir i jailbreak my iphone from 2.2.1 to 2.2.0 it work but no signal my BB is 2.30, can u help me sir what should i do

stealtbravo

i know ur in US can i ask ur tel.# so that i can call u if u want to teach me how to unlock my iphone 3g?
    Last edited by 6orly9; 2009-06-01 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by 6orly9 View Post
    stealtbravo

i know ur in US can i ask ur tel.# so that i can call u if u want to teach me how to unlock my iphone 3g?
    That's a good idea - SB, why don't you post your phone number here so everyone can phone you?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That's a good idea - SB, why don't you post your phone number here so everyone can phone you?

LOL. Im sure he would like to receive phone calls from everyone
    Try a PM, might be better...

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast