Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3G Baseband from 2.30 to 2.28

mate you're really something.....
    I'm trying to tell you that it worked for me and trust me this phone hasn't been unlock by orange, let me be more explicit I SAW THIS POST AND DECIDED TO TRY ALTHOUGH BL VERSION WASN'T A MATCH, before I copied the files I removed the sim with the xsim turbosim what ever it's called (because it didn't work without it), did all the steps in the guide, restarted, installed yellowsnow restarted and put the sim in without turbo sim and it works, not once in this process did iTunes start soo instead of being such a "know it all" try to figure out why it worked and duplicate the result

Yellowsn0w does not and can not work with BB 2.30.03.
    I don't know what you've done but if your phone is reporting BB 2.30 YellowSn0w aborts.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Lightbulb Congrats, am happy for you
    Quote Originally Posted by blu3ang3l View Post
    well it's bl 5.09 and the baseband didn't downgrade but yellowsn0w works and here are the pictures to prove it, and please believe me that the phone was previously locked, no xsim is present and cosmote is not a supported network in romania
    Dear Bul3ang31,

Thanks for sharing your success story unlocking your iphone.
    I have iPhone3G 2.2.1 with BB 2.30.3 with universal Sim v6.20.

I'll appreciate, sharing the tools and procedure how to unlock mine.
    Thanks in advanced.

Some people will believe anything they read on the internet
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    YellowSn0w has no effect on BB2.30.03 so I don't know what you're doing but its nothing to do with YellowSn0w (it terminates if it finds a BB other than 2.28.00) and you haven't downgraded your BB so the BL of 5.09 is irrelevant.

[Edit]OK - Just checked - that model is locked to orange Romania BUT they offer an official unlock.

This phone has been unlocked by orange and has nothing to do with yellowSn0w or the Boot Loader.[/edit]
    Now only if there was a policy like this in the UK

well it's bl 5.09 and the baseband didn't downgrade but yellowsn0w works and here are the pictures to prove it, and please believe me that the phone was previously locked, no xsim is present and cosmote is not a supported network in romania
    Remove your god damn IMEI number before it gets blocked! And I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Some people will believe anything they read on the internet
    Haha, so true.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so if some countrys allow the iphone to be unlocked why is it that we (US, other places) cant trick the iphone into thinking its form that place and have itunes just unlock it?

that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolMan0 View Post

that would be great.
    But impossible.

I believe the imei is sent to Apple (via iTunes) and it needs to be on their database of unlocked phones.
    The Dev Team do not believe it is possible to hack this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Unless if you could get iTunes to re-direct to a bogus list which contains your own IMEI.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
    Unless if you could get iTunes to re-direct to a bogus list which contains your own IMEI.
    I really think you should read up on this - iTunes has to send back an encrypted key based on your IMEI (if I understand correctly) so a bogus list wouldn't work.
    The Dev team have explained in some detail why they believe it is not possible and, with all due respect, I think they have probably considered all possible work rounds.
    There is always a possibility that they have missed something but....

Will this work if I jailbreak using QuickPwn in Windows?

Thumbs down Vague Statements
    Why between now and then someone has to post a reply and be not clear about his successfull story, or is it a place to show off.

IphoneNovice, if you have iPhone 3G with 2.2.1 with BB 2.30.3 noway on earth quickpwn can make it run, unless you are not on earth, or you can submit your proof here.

So universal Sim and Quickpwn do unlock iPhone you don't have to use both at same time.

this thread is about downgrading baseband from 2.30.3 to 2.28.
    i dont think quickpwn can downgrade baseband for iPHone 3G, if you know how please teach us.

Will what work?

Walidn, I meant that to even downgrade using the method on this post I need to have a jailbroken, de-activated phone right?
    To jailbreak, I have been advised to use QuickPwn, and obviously to use the phone I'd need to use a universal (piggyback) sim. \
    But after jailbreaking is there any hope that if i have the correct bootloader I might be able to use this to downgrade and use my phone without a turbo sim?

Walidn, I meant that to even downgrade using the method on this post I need to have a jailbroken, de-activated phone right?
    To jailbreak, I have been advised to use QuickPwn, and obviously to use the phone I'd need to use a universal (piggyback) sim.
    But after jailbreaking is there any hope that if i have the correct bootloader I might be able to use this to downgrade and use my phone without a turbo sim?
    Last edited by IphoneNovis; 2009-05-20 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What are the first 5 digits of your serial number?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

mYiPhOnE7 (2009-05-21)

guys I tried it and it works with 5.09 and yellowsn0w no problems on 3G 8GB, I'm gonna try it on another in a couple of minutes
    So his phone was already unlocked from his carrier??

I just want to clear something up... There is no way to unlock an iPhone 3G BB 2.30.30 with a BL 5.09??? We are still waiting, correct?

i have a USIM, but i can't work with vodafone Ireland (just working 6 or 7 seconds and its network no service or no sim). Im testing usim with another sim (O2 IRL, another roming sim) thats working, Im using 3G, 2.2.1, BB 02.30.03, BL 5.09, jailbroken use with quickpwn. and I have 2 USIM (different company) both said same, anybody help me? (sorry 4 my bad English)

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    not persay but pH is a pretty well known dev and can definitely be trusted
    When will you illiterate americans understand that "persay" is not a word?

"Per Se" is latin, and it's raped into "persay" because you can't pronounce it correctly.

Sigh, kids these days...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^lmao

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M3ta View Post

"Per Se" is latin, and it's raped into "persay" because you can't pronounce it correctly.

Sigh, kids these days...
    What about capitalization?
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 2009-05-24 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M3ta View Post

Sigh, kids these days...
    I like this guy, roflmfao. He has never posted before and then he comes up with this. Priceless.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast