Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want 3.0? Don't Have an iPhone Developer Program Account? Devs are Selling Spots.

I am also a legit developer and working on a new 3.0 app, but 3.0 in my opinion is great. I honestly love the search function which is awesome for finding a song you want to listen to. I have found the phone does lag up a bit after a few apps have been opened, but nothing a quick turn off/back on can't fix.

I really think people should be careful with sharing the beta, as it may affect those who are really using it for development right now. But that's just my two cents, I just enjoy the dev community as much as anyone else on here and love seeing what people can do.

And for those of you who say that 3.0 can't be used on a personal device and only a test device is wrong. Almost every piece of the phone works fine, only issues I've had are with the maps it locked up and I had to reset network settings once.

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    BETA I believe.
    It's not a beta. At least not officially. It's literally out there just for apps to be quickly tested on an actual phone to make sure they work.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Can someone give me 3.0 for free? or not how about so money?

Thanks

Default Clearing things up...
    First, a big thank you to MMi for listing me with this article. I've found that the people posting from this site are some of the ...smarter people I've dealt with over the past few days.

Now, not to gripe...but when I saw this article I immediately posted my schedule so everyone would know when to expect immediate responses and when it could be up to 6-7 hours while I sleep. I was edited out for "advertising". Yet I've counted a bunch of ads in here. I'm not hating on those, but if everyone else can do something my schedule shouldn't have been so bad.

For the people that think the mark-up is too high... It is. I wont lie about this at all. After paying an unexpected bill, I've managed to still clear about 600 bucks. I hope to make more. This is going to purchase my first Apple computer, which will hopefully accelerate my app development. However, I don't think this is a justification. If I spent the money on crack, it wouldn't change the fact that I'm servicing a need at a price that the market allows. Although I'll be paying that $99.00 per year, accounts activated will be there for the ride. In other words, you get a lifetime piece of my annual membership.

I don't want people to take this message as bitchy. I'm having the time of my life and meeting some really cool people. I've met my secondary goal of finding some trustworthy beta testers. I've made some friends. And very importantly, I'm halfway to a new Mac. I priced myself more than others (but discounted myself back down for you guys) because of two reasons. A) Because I could. B) Because of the work and research I put into 3amdev.synthasite.com to make this an easier process.

Thank you for being the only iPhone community I'm a part of. Serious props to all of the others for the work everyone puts into it.

^It was taken down by more of a mistake than anything...we saw a member with 6 posts in over 1 1/2 years and figured it to be no more than that. Didnt realize at the time Cash was speaking of you in the article. With the flood of people wanting to sell their slots we more or less gave up. We try not to "endorse" this stuff as much as possible because if something goes sour for someone, we want no hard feelings against us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^It was taken down by more of a mistake than anything...we saw a member with 6 posts in over 1 1/2 years and figured it to be no more than that. Didnt realize at the time Cash was speaking of you in the article. With the flood of people wanting to sell their slots we more or less gave up. We try not to "endorse" this stuff as much as possible because if something goes sour for someone, we want no hard feelings against us.
    In any case, I can't thank you guys enough for mentioning me. I stopped posting EVERYWHERE else. The number of people is steady, but the quality is much better.

^Well Im glad to hear that

My question is if my UDID will stay on the list for all the Beta releases of 3.0???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I guess. 

Quote Originally Posted by adsonjustin View Post
    I guess. 
    If so that would be a nice plus. The betas can only get better right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not worth F@#%kin' up my 3G. June will be here before we know it. Then the only reason for me to Jailbreak at that point is to personalize notifications. I like my sounds. Otherwise when my 18 month waiting period is over I will give the phone to my sister and buy another..then my whole family will be assimilated..resistance is futile.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

^^ Ahhh... The Borg at the breakfast table... Just warms the heart, don't it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikmc915 View Post
    My question is if my UDID will stay on the list for all the Beta releases of 3.0???
    Your UDID will stay online for the life of the developers account. Although future betas will not be auto-updated, your phone will accept them. I'm sure I don't have to tell you where to get the firmware.

WHen I first upgrade to 3.0, it wasn't that good so I restored.

then everything works perfect and nice..

I especially love Spotlight and voice memo comes as standard and actually feel that it runs faster than 2.2 firmware.

I'd love to use this beta software until they release official version

I guess some people here whinning about 3.0 might have following concerns :P

- No theme, ringtones, etc
    - No more cracked apps

other than that I'd say it's perfect.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Testing out 3.0 .......
    Just bought a spot off ebay...

went smoothly and flawless =]b

3.0 isnt that bad! a little buggy yes. But at least semi-stabe.....

If any others just couldnt wait like me, go ahead and try it! you wont be dissapointed

It's actually remarkably stable for a beta version. It's also snappier than the 2.0 when it was first released. It isn't perfect yet, but it isn't far from it either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

i paid for a slot and still havent used it cause 3.0 is super buggy, i installed on another phone and within 3 hours it was too buggy to use, the battery died after being on the charger all day after only a couple hours, the keyboard froze all the time, MMS didnt work, landscape was iffy, the phone would lock, calls where not coming through correctly...etc IF YOU WANT TO UPGRADE TO 3.0....WAIT!!! If you do it now its a downgrade..IMHO

I am very interested in starting development for the iphone and glad i have a dev spot but i will wait till i am ready for testing before i put buggy software on my phone

I don't know where you got your copy of 3.0 (and I don't want to know) but the version I have is very stable, and works well enough to be on a primary device. Everything works reliably with the exception of MMS (not supported by carriers YET) and the transition from 3G to E while traveling leaves something to be desired. I've also noticed the absence of a flashing cursor in Safari text fields.

Thanks
    When I first installed the 3.0 firmware, it was decent. I then downgraded the firmware back to 2.2.1 then back to 3.0 and it runs much smoother for me then on an initial upgrade. Since then, I haven't experience any problems I first encountered.

Rich

running smoothly for me, I restored from 2.2.1 vs update.

its a tad laggy in some spots, but its more than usable as a primary phone for me.

Just hope ATT kicks on MMS soon cause I really look forward to that.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast