View Poll Results: Which one should win?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Astros

5 0.93%
  • Black Darkness

18 3.35%
  • Blue Triangle

3 0.56%
  • British Theme 1

1 0.19%
  • Chromatic Neon

49 9.12%
  • Classic Techno

2 0.37%
  • Empire Theme

10 1.86%
  • Engraved

10 1.86%
  • Fat Thumbs

4 0.74%
  • GTA

0 0%
  • GTA2

1 0.19%
  • iNav Beta 1.0

213 39.66%
  • iNinja

112 20.86%
  • iPhone Nano

17 3.17%
  • Jarrod's Theme

2 0.37%
  • Landscape Vista

8 1.49%
  • Las Vegas

2 0.37%
  • Mac OSX

11 2.05%
  • MattLeon

5 0.93%
  • Mushroom

17 3.17%
  • Orangewave

4 0.74%
  • Post-it

3 0.56%
  • QOS

1 0.19%
  • Redbull

1 0.19%
  • Resident Evil Maximum

8 1.49%
  • Sunny

6 1.12%
  • WiFi Batman

13 2.42%
  • Wilcox iPhone Theme

11 2.05%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Check out the Themes. Install. Enjoy. Vote. MMi Theming Contest

Holy Crap! The first post is how it should have been from the first place! Thanks! Now people won't accidently vote for the wrong theme and all themes are equally represented! Kind of late but better late than never.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 344 Posts

Wow thanks for all the votes. Got to laugh at all the hostility in here tho.
    Twitter: @reecouk

Quote Originally Posted by reeco View Post
    Its Rough out here in these forums. Got people fighting and killing peoples thought, raping peoples creativity and people stealing others ideas.
    Not to mention the whole hate epidemic. One day the hood...I mean...these forums wont be so hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Fairly accurate. Less than 5 who don't count.

All themes will be on Cydia within the hour. Voting will end as of noon, EST, on Tuesday 03/24/09.
    pf: I'm kinda upset cause my theme description for Resident Evil Maximum doesn't say it's a contest submission anywhere. I am going to lose a lot of votes and already got someone from the community that e-mailed me and loved the theme, but din't know they could go vote for it anywhere. Can you fix this ASAP especially now that only two days are left in voting!?

its listed in the poll above... where else do you want it to be mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by reeco View Post
    Well, it is pretty easy to be hostile when one feels that another has not followed the rules Reeco. Yours along with others very well could be thrown out in the end due to that fact so I wouldn't laude your fame yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkooney View Post
    pf: I'm kinda upset cause my theme description for Resident Evil Maximum doesn't say it's a contest submission anywhere. I am going to lose a lot of votes and already got someone from the community that e-mailed me and loved the theme, but din't know they could go vote for it anywhere. Can you fix this ASAP especially now that only two days are left in voting!?
    Oh right, meant to say on the descrition posted on Cydia! Whoops! So people downloading from there will see the others and think mine is just a regular theme submission. Cause there were others posted at the same time on the modmyi source that are not contest submissions.
    Last edited by bobkooney; 2009-03-22 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i see the new themes that people created are on cydia now, the only prob is I tried to get iNinja and it says size mismatch and errors

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

iNinja is a large MB file - if you don't have a good wifi connection when downloading it you could get errors. It definitely works though.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ok thanks i will keep trying to download it

i have a quick question I was gonna try iNav out and i know u have to use categories for ur icons and stuff, i wanted to know if I change the theme to something else will i need to take all of those icons out to put them back on the homescreen
    Last edited by wolverinemarky; 2009-03-22 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 344 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    ok thanks i will keep trying to download it

i have a quick question I was gonna try iNav out and i know u have to use categories for ur icons and stuff, i wanted to know if I change the theme to something else will i need to take all of those icons out to put them back on the homescreen
    Yes
    Twitter: @reecouk

I personally don't like the iNav theme, it looks nice the first time you look at it but it has a loss of functionality. I like to see all the apps I regularly use on one page, not to have to wait for the category to load then scroll through to find my app, and the whole "list with arrows that scroll with the page" thing kinda turns me off, I would be impressed if I could actually use that list to select apps.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

lol, iNav theme has the ubuntu logo on the bottom right corner (see first post pic) originality?

ubuntu logo =
    -----------------------------------------
    GatewayFX Desktop:
    Intel Core2 Quad 9300 @ 2.5 Ghz
    Nvidia 9800 GT Factory Overclocked
    Windows XP,Windows 7 RTM, Ubuntu 9.04, Bactrack 4 Pre-Final USB

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I keep getting mismatch errors when trying to download any of the themes.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2009-03-22 at 08:45 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

just get them here until the repo stabalizes

just submitted a correction to my Zion sbsetting theme. works now. sorry about that
    Last edited by Thememedic; 2009-03-22 at 08:54 PM.

I wanted to submit my theme...then my damn PC crashed and with it, all my work. It rivaled, in my opinion, that of iNinja and iNav.

But, I will attempt to release the theme anyway. I really like it..and I'll be sure to create a lot of hype

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully, there are more contests like this one. Maybe make an invitational contest? Haha that would be sweet...
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

mines wont wurk.........

Originally Posted by rel1215
    keep digging there suby...let it go and i'll stop destroying your credibility.....at first i was just giving you what you were giving others, but you just won't stop.......so here is an exchange and a post from barsoverbeats in his preview thread.......
    Originally Posted by subywrex
    "actually before you start to take credit on work you didnt do.. they are Microsoft icons.. so maybe you should give credit where it needs to be.

if you dont beleive me i can always show you example screen shots streight from my xp os, or from live messanger.. i can keep going..
    i didnt give credit to you, because you didnt make them.."

Barsoverbeats:
    Just like 90% of the images used for themeing are not created by the themer, but modified or sized in a fashion to run with the theme. However if I use something that was originally someone else idea I give credit. Your layout is EXACTLY the same as mine with different colors. If you see them next to each other they look identical from a screenshot. Y do you think people are making comments that this is just a rip of other themes?? if you dont like my themes or came to rip off my ideas, go bump your f'n head. kick rocks.

Quote:
    ill just wait.. i assure you i don't intend on using it to make another theme. i just like to be able to arrange everything my own way and maybe do a little hue altering and make it a different color or something for my own use

on that note if you wanted some help giving the people some color choices other than teal (not that teal isnt good enough) i can help you out with that.. im alright with photoshop when i need to be
    Quote:
    Hey all. I am in the production stage of making a fully skinned theme. I started off skinning some apps for the setup i was using of Shinning Inspiration, and it has kind of formed into making my own theme.

I am mainly posting up what i have done so far to get people input.

Before post the screen shots of what i have, i was to give credit to where it needs to be.

1st off i want to give credit for barsoverbeats for the icon concept i am using, and for the icon border i will be using.
    LMAO

Now, back to the grizzle....

here is the link for any doubters...
    [Preview] Unamed by Bars

read the last post.....like i said, i was just giving u what you were giving others, but u didn't stop, and now i really think your theme should be disqualified....u took a bunch of others people's stuff, changed some colors and called it your own.

lol.. way to quote things that i said before i even knew how to make a theme.. i laugh at you. i took the icon border from a known windows icon..lol so sense you like to post everything.. why dont you post up some examples of what i have ripped off?

i never said anything bad about iNav i simply stated that the calculator skin was directly from someone elses theme.. When the rules were stated 100 percent authentic, it was directed so people wouldnt take icons from one thing a wallpaper from another and this or that from a nother and simply compile together to make something differnt.

What i did was take a CONCEPT that someone had and made it my own just like 100 percent of the themes out there. You make all these accusations about things that i have used and are so unaware of the truth.. when i first launched thetheme i used a lot of the storm icons.. but when i saw the contest needed to be original i created my own and thats what was submitted. So again, i have tried the iNav theme so i know what im talking about when i critisize it.. you on the other hand speak on my theme and you havent even downloaded it.. Because if you did you would know that i never used the keyboard from storm in any release.

the funny thing is.. do you see anyone else stepping up for me? no im stepping up for my own theme.. your stepping up for something you had nothing to do with.. So you are quite out of line

Pwnd!

ps. subaru's suck and your theme sucks.

I love ininja!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I picked the neon one, I really like it!
    I see a lot of people picked inav, but I'm too lazy to do all that arranging. Very creative themes everyone, I'm hoping that chromatic neon will get sms and dialer themes someday (hint hint)

here it is in my phone
    I had to steal some icons from other apps, I made Butters a zombie Hahahaha!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast