View Poll Results: Which one should win?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Astros

5 0.93%
  • Black Darkness

18 3.35%
  • Blue Triangle

3 0.56%
  • British Theme 1

1 0.19%
  • Chromatic Neon

49 9.12%
  • Classic Techno

2 0.37%
  • Empire Theme

10 1.86%
  • Engraved

10 1.86%
  • Fat Thumbs

4 0.74%
  • GTA

0 0%
  • GTA2

1 0.19%
  • iNav Beta 1.0

213 39.66%
  • iNinja

112 20.86%
  • iPhone Nano

17 3.17%
  • Jarrod's Theme

2 0.37%
  • Landscape Vista

8 1.49%
  • Las Vegas

2 0.37%
  • Mac OSX

11 2.05%
  • MattLeon

5 0.93%
  • Mushroom

17 3.17%
  • Orangewave

4 0.74%
  • Post-it

3 0.56%
  • QOS

1 0.19%
  • Redbull

1 0.19%
  • Resident Evil Maximum

8 1.49%
  • Sunny

6 1.12%
  • WiFi Batman

13 2.42%
  • Wilcox iPhone Theme

11 2.05%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Check out the Themes. Install. Enjoy. Vote. MMi Theming Contest

Quote Originally Posted by salibamark View Post
    that's what everyone has been doing now and then. Even you, when posting your screenshots. So don't blame anyone else. And if so, just stop degrading iNav cause you're taking his votes. !! =/
    Please don't degrade what i have done FOR ONE, I have forgotten to attach pictures and merely want fair representation, which you on the other hand already have fair representation. You just want to take HIS (not trying to disquality anybody in the contest, please dont take this personally iNav creator) vote cause you the one who said
    Quote Originally Posted by salibamark View Post
    Which means that you can use Chromatic Neon. I left everything the same in this theme changing the basics obviously but still leaving the iPhone user interface...
    trying to justify you did it properly.
    -----------------------------------------
    GatewayFX Desktop:
    Intel Core2 Quad 9300 @ 2.5 Ghz
    Nvidia 9800 GT Factory Overclocked
    Windows XP,Windows 7 RTM, Ubuntu 9.04, Bactrack 4 Pre-Final USB

Quote Originally Posted by deadtom View Post
    Ok thanks Subywrex for the clarification. That's what I was wondering. On another note, I think it's interesting that the top 2 themes so far don't resemble the iPhone much. In my thinking a good theme would be recognized as an iPhone theme and not something that could be mistaken for a Windows Mobile ui.
    im really not sure what you mean by this.. iNinja keep the iphone format.. as a mater of fact when i created the springboard the reason the dock is the way it is, is because i wanted it to match the rest of the iphone ui (the bottom bar in all apps) Also you will notice that a lot of the icons and everyrhing have that blue gradient to them. The blue gradient used is actually the blue gradient included with the iphone uiimages.

And on top of that i do not know of a windows mobile ui that uses the iphone formatting of icons four across and four down (yes i know mine is three down but that is only for the time widget) which is installed when you install the theme. Everything made for the theme kept the apple format but was just changed a little. So im not sure what your talking about it looking like windows mobile

ok then sry, happy now?? i won't do it again..

I agree with you guys in the fact that some of you have put a tremendous amount of work into this phone and others merely came up with a creative way of setting up their phone, i.e. iNav...

In my opinion, if their was an award for the most creative...then iNav wins hands down. But if their was an award for most extensive work, design layout...then iNinja would easily win because so much work was put into that design, and it is a great design.

The reality that this contest is based on voting for the theme you like the most and people are going to gravitate to originality, because it brings something new and creative to the mainstream.

For example... if you take any normal theme you can only alter a few things, but look what can be done now that someone has thought outside of the box.

You all should win in some degree or fashion, but I believe a new era for themes has emerged.

Until it can be installed via Cydia and be in PROPER winterboard format, I think you're wrong locopapi.

well said my friend.. i do agree with you on that, and the reality is yes people vote on iNav because its origanality, and that it has. Reeco did an awesome job of thinking outside the box and coming up with someone inovative. And that should deffinatly be recognized.

But on the other hand, what is an awesome concept with out the rest of the package? The only thing that bugs me is that iNav is mearly just a sprinboard replacement and that is about it. The rest of the ui is defualt apple wich IMO clashes with the rest of the theme. I know this was a new project and its still a beta and he may have plans on an entire ui.. but for this contest. what was submitted would be no differnt than someone making some new icons and a new wallpaper.

thats is really the only thing holding me up on iNav.. if the entire ui was done to match with what his theme was (color scheme and stuff) then i would have probably voted on iNav and not my my own theme.

Default Creativity
    I agree. For creativity and thinking outside the box, iNAV is a shoe-in win! However, this does not take anything away from the other creators and designers.
    There are a lot of fantastic themes on here, specifically iNinja!!! His theme is by far the best overall theme.

I based my vote on creativity.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gruntparty View Post
    hey poetic_folly, can you update the slideshow with theme pictures posted in the thread, so that everybody can just go through the slide show and see more themes
    I'll be posting everything to Cydia tonight late most likely, and will update the initial post as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntparty View Post
    Please don't degrade what i have done FOR ONE, I have forgotten to attach pictures and merely want fair representation, which you on the other hand already have fair representation. You just want to take HIS (not trying to disquality anybody in the contest, please dont take this personally iNav creator) vote cause you the one who said trying to justify you did it properly.
    He made a good point - and you got defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    well said my friend.. i do agree with you on that, and the reality is yes people vote on iNav because its origanality, and that it has. Reeco did an awesome job of thinking outside the box and coming up with someone inovative. And that should deffinatly be recognized.

But on the other hand, what is an awesome concept with out the rest of the package? The only thing that bugs me is that iNav is mearly just a sprinboard replacement and that is about it. The rest of the ui is defualt apple wich IMO clashes with the rest of the theme. I know this was a new project and its still a beta and he may have plans on an entire ui.. but for this contest. what was submitted would be no differnt than someone making some new icons and a new wallpaper.

thats is really the only thing holding me up on iNav.. if the entire ui was done to match with what his theme was (color scheme and stuff) then i would have probably voted on iNav and not my my own theme.
    Innovation breeds opportunity. That's worth quite a bit.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

gruntparty (2009-03-21)

thanks poetic_folly!

(everything is cool between salibamark (thanks for fixing up confusion subywrex) and me, defense will stand when needed lol, just didnt want to start an argument on this thread)
    Last edited by gruntparty; 2009-03-21 at 08:06 PM.
    GatewayFX Desktop:

gruntparty.. think your getting me confused with salibamark, he was the one that wsa making the remark that you responded to i think??

Im not upset with anyone,, everyone has there own opinion and what else is a forum used for other than opinions?

woops, your correct, sorry about the confusion, both your names start with an S, very loling moment

lol
    Last edited by gruntparty; 2009-03-21 at 08:06 PM.
    GatewayFX Desktop:

Thanks

iNav received the 100th vote Mine was the first...

Awesome job everyone!
    iNav my vote

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

damn... i wish i could change my vote now, you sure convinced me hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    i see where you are going with this.. but like iNinja, it requres a 5 icon dock to be installed for for the theme to work properly as well as having some blank icons. So i see where you are going with it. My real complaint with iNav is, that for one. its pretty much only a springboard theme. Yes its inovativ and very visually pleasing. And agian i do like it. The one thing that bothers me, is that i put a crazy amount of time into making everyhing from scratch in photoshop, keyboard, calculator, all apps, and yes even stocks is themed. and then you have a theme in the lead that one themed 1/8 th the amount that iNinja offers, but that also has someone elses work in it (calculator is from windows per7ection)

Again im not hating on the theme. i think its a great theme. but when you have put put 8 blanks times 9 pages that is a little excesive work to be a valid cydia theme
    wow you're full of it.....there is so much of perfect storm in this thing its ridic.....honestly, it looks like a messed up melding of three or four themes.....changing colors or textures or sizes of pre existing images doesn't make it original....starting with a TOTALLY blank canvas and creating a final product is original.....post ininja over at macthemes and see how long it takes people to find the mods of other people's icons to make your theme....that theme would get ripped to shreds over there.....sorry suby, i can appreciate the hard work, but listening to you lobby for your theme and rip on iNav just forced me to call you out......there literally isn't a single aspect of your theme other than maybe the ninja image that i haven't seen in another theme with maybe a different color or something.....

i'm sure i'll get flamed for this post, but the truth hurts....don't bring the shortcomings of other people's work to attention if you don't want people to take a harder look at your own....

-look at the main images on a lot of ininja's buttons(not just icons) then go look at perfect storm icons and tell me they're not the same, just resized.

All I can say is they all look amazing!

I have alot of respect for you guys that make themes. I have tried and its one heck of a job! Good job guys!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Thanks

WHOA! LOCO I love that iNav theme with the white dude! You got a download for it?

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    wow you're full of it.....there is so much of perfect storm in this thing its ridic.....honestly, it looks like a messed up melding of three or four themes.....changing colors or textures or sizes of pre existing images doesn't make it original....starting with a TOTALLY blank canvas and creating a final product is original.....post ininja over at macthemes and see how long it takes people to find the mods of other people's icons to make your theme....that theme would get ripped to shreds over there.....sorry suby, i can appreciate the hard work, but listening to you lobby for your theme and rip on iNav just forced me to call you out......there literally isn't a single aspect of your theme other than maybe the ninja image that i haven't seen in another theme with maybe a different color or something.....

i'm sure i'll get flamed for this post, but the truth hurts....don't bring the shortcomings of other people's work to attention if you don't want people to take a harder look at your own....

-look at the main images on a lot of ininja's buttons(not just icons) then go look at perfect storm icons and tell me they're not the same, just resized.
    wow ignorance at its finest.. i can show you the psd from work that i did.. have you ever hear of a vector shape? hmmmm interesting.. And i was no ripping on iNav.. if you looked at my posts everyone of them stated that i liked the theme.. everything i said pertained to iNav and this contest.. has nothing to do with the quality of work that he does, which i have mentioned also more than once in my posts is very good. So before you start "calling people out" why dont you do some research on the theme touchsmart and then see how original things are.. actually is using a lot of the same images and the same concept.

People like this are just ridiculous.. i give props to the creator of iNav.. but i also can have my own opinion wich others agree on, that iNav is far from a complete theme. and yes it has an innovative look to it.. do you really think he personally made his icons from a blank canvas? no most likely not. he most likely did what everyone else does and look for some artwork. So before you start flaming me for using - i believe - a total of three icon images from the storm os, why dont you get your facts streight
    Last edited by subywrex; 2009-03-22 at 12:36 AM.

iNav Beta 1.0 all day long!!! Use SBSettings' Dock Application feature to access randomly used apps... It's absolutly awsome!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Thanks

Could someone possibly give me a quick guide on installing the chromatic neon theme? It looks frickin sweet but im not sure where to ssh all the files into. Thanks

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast