Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Jailbroken Already

very cool
    Last edited by shiftynit; 2009-03-19 at 01:52 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@ mods - You should change the news threads to be like the ones on backtrack's forums where you have to be a member for a set amount of time before being allowed to post and can only post in a newb area until set amount of time or each post has to be reviewed by a mod before being allowed to actually b posted. it would drive away alot of the 1 or 2 posters who just ask questions about non legal activities that could put this site on dangerous territory..

I'm using it now!!!!!! wooow I wish I don't mess my iphone

This happens every time in this order.

1. New FW revealed
    2. Its Jailbroken before its out
    3. It comes out and the Jailbreak needs work and isn't released until a week later.

good news!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You could always move back to the USA...
    Im 16... i dont live on my own, i do plan on working there once i graduate tho..

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    @ mods - You should change the news threads to be like the ones on backtrack's forums where you have to be a member for a set amount of time before being allowed to post and can only post in a newb area until set amount of time or each post has to be reviewed by a mod before being allowed to actually b posted. it would drive away alot of the 1 or 2 posters who just ask questions about non legal activities that could put this site on dangerous territory..
    no

i've found multiple leaked 3.0 beta's but none are usable unless you are a Developer with a developer account for apple.

And Just wondering but, why cant the Devs just release the jailbroken beta?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    no
    Hahaha.
    I just actually laughed out loud.
    I didn't think that would fly.
    Can't really tell someone how to do things at their house.

Cash has given me a 1337er title Kaatje's Avatar
    Thanks

So where is this supposed jailbreak tool at? I want to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post
    It hasn't been released yet, should be any day now.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post

Default Jailbroken?

Ok I can't lie, and its kind of obvious too...Iphone 3.0 theme in cydia soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -77baadb7.jpg  
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

The dev-team isnt gonna release a jailbreak until 3.0 is publicly released. So forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    LOL, no. Here's the thing. The 3.0 Firmware given to devs is a nice beta at best and a firmware with disabled features at worst. I'm not a dev so I don't know. The firmware is out for one simple reason, for developers to have a chance to test their applications so that when 3.0 is released, they can be ready on day 1.

The firmware is not out to be tested by the mass public. I don't think they even meant for it to be tested on a day to day use. Developers pay $99 for the right to use this beta software for the next couple of months.

Now seeing as this is the internet, the firmware was leaked exactly 0.0000001 seconds after being released. However, you need a developers account among other things to get some functionality out of it.

Whether the Dev Team chooses to jailbreak and support a beta firmware at this time is still up in the air, but since right now the beta is labeled for devs only, this forum will keep that stand here.

Once again, you can discuss anything about 3.0 here. Just don't come straight out and say "AFTER I ILLEGALLY OBTAINED 3.0 I DID X AND Y" because it's just letting us know that well... you shouldn't have it and any issues/complaints you have with the FW could be BECAUSE ITS A BETA SOFTWARE.

So in summary:

GOOD:
    - Talking about what 3.0 is going to do
    - Devs can tell their stories of how awesome/crappy the new changes are

BAD:
    - Asking how to get 3.0
    - Asking how to jailbreak 3.0
    - Complaint about a broken/disabled feature in a BETA OS.
    - You get the idea.

Posts like THIS is what I'm trying to avoid. I will start throwing infractions if you can't play by the rules.
    Oh no, I can play by the rules. I was just razzing you a bit for the faux pas :-)

I had no idea that getting beta firmwares cost 99 dollars. That's alot of love and dedication.

this thread has kinda gotten silly now...

"where can i download the new firmware, where can i get the pwnage tool."

Sheesh, you freakin' noobie frat hip to mod wannabe hackers...

if any of you had have a brain fart to actually be a part of the modding community, especially this one, you would realize that as soon as it become PUBLICLY available, PF or Cash will post on the front page in great big letters:

"Apple Firmware 3.0 Released Today!"

And then shortly thereafter another front page post stating:

"Apple Firmware 3.0 jailbroken, get your tools here!"

Although, i do think that the wording of this thread was a bit anxious and misleading...
    Last edited by boe_dye; 2009-03-19 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

At this point, really, why would anyone want to jailbreak their 3.0? You would be using early beta software to install beta software on top of beta software. Outside of the Dev Team and those core individuals who volunteer the time and resources to make the jailbroken experience all that is why would anyone else want to bring that kind of pain upon themselves?

Are people just digitally masochistic? Do they not understand what alpha and beta mean in the development world?

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anybody know if 3.0 contains a baseband update to the 1st generation iphone. since it hasnt been update for a long time, im wondering if 3.0 contains an update.

Where do people get the idea that the FW3.0 is beta software?
    The software that has been released is a developers preview, unless I am very much mistaken it has never been described as beta by Apple.
    It is released to developers who have paid for a developers account ($99) they are not paying $99 for beta software!
    The FW is also locked to their developers account so, even if you can get a copy, unless you have a developers account you will not be able to use it.
    Some people have reported that they have got FW3.0 working on 2G phones when they are not developers - but nowhere near as many that are stuck with non working phones.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Where do people get the idea that the FW3.0 is beta software?
    The software that has been released is a developers preview, unless I am very much mistaken it has never been described as beta by Apple.
    It is released to developers who have paid for a developers account ($99) they are not paying $99 for beta software!
    The FW is also locked to their developers account so, even if you can get a copy, unless you have a developers account you will not be able to use it.
    Some people have reported that they have got FW3.0 working on 2G phones when they are not developers - but nowhere near as many that are stuck with non working phones.

I am a registered Apple Dev and I just want to correct some issues I have with the misinformation going around. First of all you CAN downgrade back to 2.2.1 easily. There are guides but all you need to do is restore to 2.2.1 in DFU mode in windows, then when itunes gives you an error message just press ok and reboot the phone (just a regular power off and power on). Then quickpwn 2.2.1 as normal. DONE. I have done this several times myself and it is confirmed.

Second you do NOT have to be a dev to be able to sync properly with 3.0 on a 3g online or offline with itunes. All you need to do is know a dev (like me) who will charge you $5 and add your UDID to their list of 100 devices. PLEASE NOTE: All I will do is add your UDID to my devices list and you will be able to sync. I will NOT send you even a single byte of data, so you have to already have obtained your own copy of the firmware by other means. have done this for several users and 100% of them have reported back the ability to use 3.0 exactly like I can and I am a legal Apple Registered developer. MODS/ADMINS: I will do this for you free of charge to prevent anyone from calling me a scammer or something like that. The first 3 (EDIT: ALL not just the 1st 3 ) staff memebers to PM me with their UDID (as long as at least one is an admin) will get a free UDID slot on my devices list and will be able to sync 3.0 with itunes properly. This way not only do I have a chance to show you that this method is real and not a scam, but I consider it a little gift to those of you running this site if you are interested. Enjoy it on me

Any questions just post here and I will give you answers based on what I have actually done many many times, not just something I read and started posting around the internet rumor mill.

Thanks and I hope this helps clear up some info. I just don't like seeing incorrect information out there.

EDIT: forgot to mention that each developer is allowed 100 devices total in the Apple Developer Portal. I have used a few, but there are plenty of them out there. If an ADMIN ONLY (sorry mods but this isn't for you ) could PM me I do have an offer. If its not PF then hopefully some other admin who thinks they have close to as much power as him will do :P

Thanks for reading. If you don't believe me and think I am scamming just wait until I give a staff member this great chance. I understand why people would be skeptical, but it is not a scam and I would greatly appreciate it if you could refrain from jumping the gun and calling me a scammer. That is why the offer is in place to the mods.
    Last edited by darkrom; 2009-03-19 at 01:39 PM. Reason: extended my invitation to all site staff :)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkrom For This Useful Post:

BenzoHartt (2009-03-19), rkisling (2009-03-19)

Is it legal to add people to your UDIDs?
    Is it legal to charge for it?

Also, if you do downgrade, what BB does it leave you on?
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-03-19 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast