Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turn By Turn Voice Navigation on iPhone. Really! Not a Rumor!

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaybaba View Post

already available in Israel for a while now
    an alternative navigation system with voice direction used to be called freemap now its called waze

www.waze.co.il
    Is it available in English and for other country and is it Free?
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Interesting anyone know how to make it work in english?
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Interesting anyone know how to make it work in english?
    What do you mean "work"? Voice directions dont come out until 1.2 is released in mid-late February...

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    What do you mean "work"? Voice directions dont come out until 1.2 is released in mid-late February...
    he's talking about freemap/waze.

Anyone get version 1.1.0 to work tells me it cant get driving directions. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCRF250 View Post
    Anyone get version 1.1.0 to work tells me it cant get driving directions. LOL
    Make sure you are not using "current location" as the starting point. It currently does not work in the US. You have to enter in a physical starting address and ending address.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks Now it works!

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Has anyone added this to their 2G phone yet. Just curious if it worked and if it did, how well did it work.
    Tried it just then.

Result: Painfully Pathetic.

When i used "FakeGPS" (Assuming Triangulation) it would say that my current location was Italy!.. I'm in Australia.

This is too good an App to just disregard.

Im buying 3G ASAP!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

The alternative is to buy a GPS receiver for the 2G - but that's expensive!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

A useful GPS is the only thing I would be a 3G for, so as soon as I see this working well, I will sell my old 2G and finally get a 3G.

man i downloaded this xgps and the thing doesn't work. Whats up with that? damn wheres the directions to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by diddyabz View Post
    man i downloaded this xgps and the thing doesn't work. Whats up with that? damn wheres the directions to use it?
    The 1.2 Release date is Friday 20th (according to the xGPS forums)

1.2 supposedly fixes many bugs and issues with this release.

Fingers Crossed.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Default Go to the forums website for this app
    Hi,

If you go to the website and check out the forums for this there is a ton of info. available. Such as directions, how to download maps....answers to questions/problems, etccc....

Hay anyway to get use this App with the G-Map App? that would be great.Beause they did a really good job with Version 1.2 of G.Map.
    G-Map_for_iPhone

According to this: Roadmap – xGPS
    The release seems to have been delayed until march 10th. I don't know if this is official tho.

A quote from ThomasHeben on xGPS's forum:

"With all the attention to this release, we have no choice but to delay it. It allows us to make sure it's 100% ready to roll without annoying bugs that require us to launch about a million subreleases with fixes. Also, it allows us to take into account things we wanted to include into this release but havent.

So yeah, now with it officially being delayed, it is of course bitter sweet, but let the sweet part be what lingers in your mind, because that is the thought and sentiment exactly that will spout from you mouth when the release is, well, released.
    Last edited by andygev35; 2009-02-20 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't get the wrong impression about me on this but it is SOOO typical for a developer to do this type of thing. Give a date, get a bunch of attention, and then not deliver to see how anxious the market gets and how they can manipulate that.

an extreme comparison of this is Duke Nukem.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

^Thats not usually the case with an app thats gonna be FREE like this one. They are just trying hard to work a few more bugs out.

I can tell yeah, the beta w/ turn-by-turn is pretty cool

I guess I have too many questins regarding how it would operate in regards to using the phone. This is the downside to having a GPS/mp3/phone. You have to pick one you want to do and, in the end, use a separate device for each ....at least when it comes to GPS/x.

Thanks
    Default no data plan
    i was wondering if i could use the device (igps360) without edge or wifi, since i dont have a data plan, only wifi at home. thanx

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This is good news, One step closer to true gps btw xgps is out now on cydia but the voice isnt release yet till the 20th of this month.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast