Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn 2.2.5 Released for Windows

Default 2.2 firmware Upgrade Need Help
    I am a windows user. Is there a step by step guide for doing this? I have quickpwn 2.2 Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Iphone 2g running v1.1.4 updated to 2.2.1 using Itunes, unlocked and jailbroken, no problems, many thanks to all involved...

after running quickpwn my phone reboots and hangs at the boot screen :-(

so if i already have a unlocked / jailbroke 2g iphone all i have to do is do the upgrade through itunes and then run my phone through quickpwn and it will be updated and still unlocked and jailbroke? i dont have to use a custom firmware like i did when i did it through pwange tool?

Quote Originally Posted by butteroj View Post
    after running quickpwn my phone reboots and hangs at the boot screen :-(
    That's because you have to many apps and springboard times out.
    SSH on and remove the timer and it will work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That's because you have to many apps and springboard times out.
    SSH on and remove the timer and it will work.
    How do I remove the timer?

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

so i downgraded back to 2.2 i dunno why i didn't like 2.2.1.. i might give it a try later one.. plus i don't like yellowsn0w 0.9.7 it sux compared to 0.9.6.. with that being said where can i get 0.9.6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How are the bootloader files located on the first page of this thread used with QuickPwn?

Quote Originally Posted by butteroj View Post
    How do I remove the timer?
    See the link I posted in #81 in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorKnight904 View Post
    How are the bootloader files located on the first page of this thread used with QuickPwn?
    Full instructions on how yo unlock tour iPhone 2G here iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated 2.2.1]

If you don't have an iPhone 2G you don't need them.
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-02-04 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

GatorKnight904 (2009-02-04)

my question i already unlocked and jailbroke to 2.2 now whne i upgrade i can just upgrade normally through itunes and then run the phone through quickpwn and it will be fine. Sorry im new to this and have never upgraded while it was unlocked and jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by automoglow View Post
    my question i already unlocked and jailbroke to 2.2 now whne i upgrade i can just upgrade normally through itunes and then run the phone through quickpwn and it will be fine. Sorry im new to this and have never upgraded while it was unlocked and jailbroken.
    It depends on what phone you have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks!

See the link I posted in #81 in this
    thread.

Full instructions on how yo unlock tour iPhone 2G here iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated 2.2.1]

If you don't have an iPhone 2G you don't need them.

It depends on what phone you have.
    i have a 2g!

Quote Originally Posted by automoglow View Post
    i have a 2g!
    Then yes - but you should use the app on cydia to backup all your cydia apps

i have a big problem guys...i updated my 3g iphone to 2.2.1 and i want to unlock it. with the news i've been hearing it means i cant unlock so does ANYONE have a suggestion??

let me know pls....

Quote Originally Posted by Yusufkamil18 View Post
    i have a big problem guys...i updated my 3g iphone to 2.2.1 and i want to unlock it. with the news i've been hearing it means i cant unlock so does ANYONE have a suggestion??

let me know pls....
    Some people have reported success with Turbo SIMS - but check before you buy!
    What network do you want to use it with and what country?

Some people have reported success with Turbo SIMS - but check before you buy!
    What network do you want to use it with and what country?
    i want t-mobile and i'm in the uk....i have a universal sim,dont know whether that will make a difference

??

Quote Originally Posted by Yusufkamil18 View Post
    i want t-mobile and i'm in the uk....i have a universal sim, dont know whether that will make a difference

??
    Older piggyback SIMS did not work with 2.2.
    I never had any luck with REBEL SIM and bought their programmer - their tech support was useless - definitely don't recommend them.

I then tried a TURBOSIM which was supposed to work with 2.2 and it did - for voice and GPRS but when it lost the 3G signal it would not find it again - so partial success.

I don't know which ones will work with 2.21 but I would guess that the pre 2.2 wouldn't and I'm not sure if the ones that should work with 2.2 will work with 2.21

I now use 2.2 and YellowSn0w

Good luck.

guys can someone please help, ive tried to download a free irc program to join an iphone channel but I cant find one!
    I have 2.1 on my iphone 3g and i want to upgrade to a custom 2.2.1 without the baseband update. I have the ispw, but Ive read I need to be jailbroken already before I DFU and shift restore to 2.2.1.
    HOWEVER ive also ready that if I use QuickPwn I will update the baseband and prevent the posibility of a soft unlock... so I can't see what I'm meant to do as Im a windows user...? Please help

Green Apple
    Thanks

cant seem to get this to work, just downloaded the newest software today and then i tried to use quickpwn and it gets stuck at "uploading exploit bootloader"

i tried twice and had the same problem...any suggestions? thanks!
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast