Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 172

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: QuickPwn 2.2.5 Released for Windows

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by SiddallStudios View Post
    I have a 3g with 2.2.1 software, updated the other day when it came out. I used to jailbreak, but it got to be to much with all the updates. I just tried to jailbreak with this program, and it seemed to go through everything ok until it rebooted. It just stays on the bootloader screen, and every once in a while it vibrates...then it will restart and do the same thing. Any suggestions?
    All explained and fix found here -> [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94707]How to fix an iPod/iPhone, stuck on the boot logo, with no white boxes!!! - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    SiddallStudios (2009-02-01)

  3. #82
    I have the 3g with 2.2.1 with apparent baseband of 2.30. Upon jailbreak everything looks good but I have no internet connection just --- and then it says no service. I have tried several times with same result. What am I doing wrong?

  4. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Update: ok so after many frustrating hours of trying to load a custom firmware.. with different ones.. and countless errors weather is was 1600 or 1601, i went online and googled a different way to put in dfu mode, thinking maybe the procedure i was doing was the problem... so i found a different way which was to connect the phone to the comp then turn it off (< i know weird) then hold the power and home button on till the apple logo appears, then release sleep button continue holding home button, till itunes saids recovery mode.. here is the weird thing i don't think it put the phone in dfu mode, i might of actually put it in just normal resotore mode(i think) cuzz i got the itunes logo with the wire... but HEY IT WORKEDDDD.. HURRRRAAAY im a now a proud owner of a iphone 3g 2.2.1 baseband 2.28 with t-mobile.

  5. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by dopey26776 View Post
    I have the 3g with 2.2.1 with apparent baseband of 2.30. Upon jailbreak everything looks good but I have no internet connection just --- and then it says no service. I have tried several times with same result. What am I doing wrong?
    you screwed up. you updated the baseband and now you CANNOT unlock. wait for the dev team to make another yellowsn0w exploit.

    In other news: I found out that 2.2.1 has a MEMORY LEAK in the safari browser and CANNOT hold cookies. I logged onto my yahoo! email account in safari and it kept asking me to log in. it happened with gmail and other sites as well.

    I DO NOT SUGGEST UPDATING TO 2.2.1 IF YOU USE SAFARI EXTENSIVELY!

    i downgraded BACK to 2.2 and find it more stable (for some odd reason). I believe that the 2.2.1 safari browser crashes less, but cannot hold cookies. It's like the cookie monster: it gobbles cookies up, but spits it out again, lol.

    Once again, DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.2.1 IF YOU USE THE SAFARI BROWSER EXTENSIVELY!!

    Also, yellowsn0w has an bug that makes the WiFi turn off everytime you restart your iPhone, so that's annoying on version 0.9.7. I downgraded back to 0.9.6 and find THAT one more stable as well.
    Last edited by MrWHOx; 2009-02-01 at 07:23 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrWHOx For This Useful Post:

    dopey26776 (2009-02-01)

  7. #85
    there are several fixes (setting perms on cookies.plist etc...) for fixing the cookie problem. have you tried any of them?

  8. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by deenybird View Post
    there are several fixes (setting perms on cookies.plist etc...) for fixing the cookie problem. have you tried any of them?
    there are fixes???

    dammit... i already flashed 2.2 on... nobody would help me before...

    can you post the fixes?

  9. #87
    What you need to do is either set the owner on the Cookies folders to “mobile” instead of “root”,

    chown mobile /var/mobile/Library/Cookies/
    chown mobile /var/mobile/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist

    or you need to allow write/modify access to the Cookies to all users.

    chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library/Cookies
    chmod 666 /var/mobile/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist

    What I did was change the owner to “mobile”. Your phone must be jailbroken, and have SSH installed. You can use Putty to SSH to your phone and do the fix.
    here's more info too
    more also

  10. #88
    or i could use the terminal in WinSCP. thanks, but i'll stick to 2.2. it's better, lol.

    or if you can, SSH me a copy of SafariMobile.app or whatever safari is called haha

    This has nothing to do with SafariMobile.app since the cookies are not stored in the app directory. When you upgraded the firmware from 2.2 to 2.2.1 in iTunes, did you use "Update" or "Restore"?
    Last edited by imode; 2009-02-01 at 10:46 PM.

  11. #89
    Cool thanks. I am going to try and restore my 3g, and not sinc my stuff to it, try the jailbreak and then sinc to get my regular apps on. Hopefully this will work, since there will be a lot less apps on it, i did have quite a bit....i guess, 7 pages of apps on it.

    update - This worked...thanks for the help confucious!
    Last edited by SiddallStudios; 2009-02-02 at 06:02 AM.

  12. #90
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Default Quickpwn.exe error message
    I keep getting an error message from my pc whenever i try to open quickpwn.exe

    "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"

    any ideas?

  13. #91
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    I keep getting an error message from my pc whenever i try to open quickpwn.exe

    "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"

    any ideas?
    I'm not much of a PC guy but doing a quick Google search of 0xc000135 leads me to believe that you do not have the .NET framework installed. I suggest installing the .NET 3.5 libraries. You'll find them on Microsoft's website (or just do a google lookup).

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    there are fixes???

    dammit... i already flashed 2.2 on... nobody would help me before...

    can you post the fixes?
    Definitely an issue with directory and plist permissions on your phone and not a problem with 2.2.1. Since this was never reported elsewhere, I suspect only you are having this issue. Either manually repair as in the last post, or run Boss Prefs "Fix User Dir Permissions". Just a guess.. When you upgraded the last time did you do an "Update" or "Restore" in iTunes? If you did an "Update" that could possibly be the reason for your issue. You have to do a "Restore"
    Last edited by imode; 2009-02-01 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

    rryyddeerr (2009-02-02)

  15. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
    Definitely an issue with directory and plist permissions on your phone and not a problem with 2.2.1. Since this was never reported elsewhere, I suspect only you are having this issue. Either manually repair as in the last post, or run Boss Prefs "Fix User Dir Permissions". Just a guess.. When you upgraded the last time did you do an "Update" or "Restore" in iTunes? If you did an "Update" that could possibly be the reason for your issue. You have to do a "Restore"
    i did the whole "Shift+click restore" thang and ended up with a faulty browser... lol

    well, i'll just go with 2.2 since yellowsn0w 0.9.7 sucks, lol.

  16. #93
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    i did the whole "Shift+click restore" thang and ended up with a faulty browser... lol

    well, i'll just go with 2.2 since yellowsn0w 0.9.7 sucks, lol.
    When you did a restore from backup then it probably overwrote the permissions. Try setting up as a new iPhone and then test the browser.

  17. #94
    yup. did that TWO times. killed it both times. then i switched to a DIFFERENT custom ipsw, but no dice. it's okay. i have fun on my 2.2. what a waste of my end of the semester, but it was worth the ride (since i'm an experienced 16 year-old), lol.

  18. #95
    Hello All,

    I have a 1st Gen iPhone. I currently had FW 2.2 JB/ULK'd and worked great. I DL'd FW 2.2.1 and did a restore (iTunes + shift + restore). After that I used QuickPwn to JB/UL. Everything went fine... except that when I put my T-Mobile SIM back in, it says:

    'Different SIM Detected'

    I have used FW 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.2 JB/ULK'd and gone about it the same way as I did with this, and always worked fine the first time. I have Restored 3 times now and tried to Unlock each time to no success.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    PS: I'm trying to go back to FW 2.2 right now, and see if I can get that working Unlocked.

  19. #96
    i have updated pwned phone from 2.2 to 2.2.1 and everything works fine for me. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!

  20. #97
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
    I'm not much of a PC guy but doing a quick Google search of 0xc000135 leads me to believe that you do not have the .NET framework installed. I suggest installing the .NET 3.5 libraries. You'll find them on Microsoft's website (or just do a google lookup).
    please accept my humble appologies and thanks.
    you were spot on. everything is up and running beautifully.

  21. #98
    works great for me

  22. #99
    I was wondering when you back up your phone, restore it and then winpawn it does all you hacks stay in place, like I have done changes to it so that I can play cracked ipas. will this go away if I restore it. I have a 2g iphone.

  23. #100
    What's Jailbreak? djdelite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    have not tried an upgrade yet but hopefully everything will go well.. Ill keep u posted...by this weekend...

    Im still on version 2.1 an will go all the way with this upgrade..

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •