Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by JoeVegas View Post
    I'm on Tmobile and I keep getting this message> I get faild to send MMS. MMS cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not avaliable! Please review your MMS and/or EDGE APN settings, or wait a while if settings are correct...????? Please somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    You have to wait til the "m" in the top right-hand corner is green. It can't be gray when trying to send MMS.

Default You should pay thanks where credit is due (Etisalat MMS Settings Iphone)
    Quote Originally Posted by fahad94 View Post
    finally managed to make it working on Etisalat (UAE operator).
    settings are:

MMSC: http://mms/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 10.12.0.30:8080

APN: mms
    Username: mms
    Password: mms

tried to send it from Wasel prepaid gsm and seems to be working. just need to confirm it from the other end though.

no need for edge settings in network at all.
    This works for sending and recieving mms using swirlymms. Extensive work went into getting this information and was posted on emiratesmac on the 6th March.

Fahad94 u should have provided thanks for this information. Further this DOES use edge even though u may not need to enter the information in the edge settings in iphone settings.

If you are experiencing problems in sending or recieving mms ensure you have an 'E' in your status bar at the top of your iphone. Port 8080 is an http port using edge technology and is very expensive in the UAE so ensure you use the minimum file size.

I hope more people can benefit from these settings.

Man I really aprreciate the guys over at swirlymms... but the whole viewing the mms thingy is still far far far far away from perfect... tried the mobile preview with the mobile finder thingy... i had three mms on my folder and regardless whatver mms i clicked on... it showed me a signle picture every time.... gonna wait until 1.0

Wow, I just spent waaay too much time on the phone with AT&T reps. In a nutshell:

Rep - "It can't be done" Me - "Yes it can, I would like to speak to your supervisor"
    Supervisor - "It can't be done" Me - "Yes it can, I would like to speak to your manager"
    Manager* - "It can be done, but may drop off as our system scans to look for incompatable packages. Oops, I keep getting an error when I try to add it"

Long story short, the only way I could get them to add it was to add the $29 unlimited SMS/MMS to my family package. After 45 minutes on the phone I couldn't take it any more.

*Quote of the day: "Please forgive me, I'm not very good with technical things"

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikdiamon View Post

Ok, had a little snag. Someone posted earlier that they added unlimited sms/mms plan to iphone data and then the msg plan fell off the next day. Well, same thing happened to me, I called them up and they added it back on but they said it may fall off again since its not ment for our phone.

Solution:

I got a manager type dude on the phone he said if it does kick it off again I can give them a serial # from my weekend phone (i do have a old broke rzr around) and that will definitely work. No need to do family plan or add rzr to contract, it will still just be $20 and he said it will definately allow the mms plan to be added. I'll update status tomorrow when i see if it sticks this time.
    I added mine Saturday, Monday it's been deleted. I'll go ahead and do your idea next time i call and use my old L7.

Thanks for the advice, only my M won't get green though? All though it looks light green but more like grey I guess. I have waited for a long time, in and out of settings and new but nothing?? If my settings are incorrect I'm sure that would have something to do with it. I have
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

Sad story! Anyway do you have to have that tmobile proxy hack going? Maybe that has nothing to do with it? I'm pissed I have text message plan with tmobile so it should work right? Who I'm I talking to anyway? LOL

Its simple gang, call ATT tell them you want MMS added to your account, say something like, I use my RAZR when I travel so I will take out the Iphone SIM card and use it there, can you add MMS please, .25 per BTW, and wala they set it up, trust me it works I just did it

Thanks all

ok I sent and received to myself NP, the photo is in teh directory, how do I look at it and see it thanks all
    Last edited by dallasnights; 2008-03-10 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Its simple gang, call ATT tell them you want MMS added to your account, say something like, I use my RAZR when I travel so I will take out the Iphone SIM card and use it there, can you add MMS please, .25 per BTW, and wala they set it up, trust me it works I just did it

Thanks all

ok I sent and received to myself NP, the photo is in teh directory, how do I look at it and see it thanks all
    AT&T scans every 24-48 hours and deletes the .25 cent plan. You'll have to get the "Messaging Unlimited" plan and use a serial # from an old phone, otherwise it'll keep kicking that plan too. BTW, you need MobileFolder and MobilePreview to view your MMS, look back a few pages (between 29-31 i think) it tells you how to set up Finder.
    Last edited by cockyjeremy; 2008-03-10 at 09:44 PM.

Smile just downloaded it and it works great
    make sure u turn off and on after u intsall it. it works great. Great job!!
    iPhonehacker123- please thank me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeVegas View Post
    Thanks for the advice, only my M won't get green though? All though it looks light green but more like grey I guess. I have waited for a long time, in and out of settings and new but nothing?? If my settings are incorrect I'm sure that would have something to do with it. I have
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

Sad story! Anyway do you have to have that tmobile proxy hack going? Maybe that has nothing to do with it? I'm pissed I have text message plan with tmobile so it should work right? Who I'm I talking to anyway? LOL
    Your settings look correct. It's exactly what I have on my phone and Swirly works great. Dumb question, have you rebooted at all?

I would uninstall the version you have. Reboot phone. Install the latest version. Reboot phone. Add the settings you listed in SwirlyMMS settings. Reboot phone. Launch Swirly and wait for the green 'M.' And you don't need the proxy hack. I don't have it.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2008-03-10 at 10:48 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

JoeVegas (2008-03-11)

Currently Ziphone jailbreak firmware 1.1.4 and Swirly mms 3.5 and I'm also having the same problem. When I tried sending I get and error.

The network reported: service denied (pe) What does this mean, I heve my settings correct.

mmsc.cingular.com
    66.209.011.032 (I also tried the 0 at the beginning.)

Since evryone else has been calling AT&T asking to add sms/mms plan, are you guys telling them you are wanting this plan for your old phone (not iPhone?) and what will be the rate because I'm on the basic $20 plan and I really don't want to pay anymore.

Thanks!

Default Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Your settings look correct. It's exactly what I have on my phone and Swirly works great. Dumb question, have you rebooted at all?

I would uninstall the version you have. Reboot phone. Install the latest version. Reboot phone. Add the settings you listed in SwirlyMMS settings. Reboot phone. Launch Swirly and wait for the green 'M.' And you don't need the proxy hack. I don't have it.
    Did exactly what you said and it worked! Thanks a million!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Currently Ziphone jailbreak firmware 1.1.4 and Swirly mms 3.5 and I'm also having the same problem. When I tried sending I get and error.

The network reported: service denied (pe) What does this mean, I heve my settings correct.

mmsc.cingular.com
    66.209.011.032 (I also tried the 0 at the beginning.)

Since evryone else has been calling AT&T asking to add sms/mms plan, are you guys telling them you are wanting this plan for your old phone (not iPhone?) and what will be the rate because I'm on the basic $20 plan and I really don't want to pay anymore.

Thanks!
    Yes, we've been saying we use our iPhone sim card in our old phone. However, they've apparently caught on. Every 24-48 hours they sweep through and delete the "Messaging Unlimited" and the 25 center "pay per use" plans both. I'm guessing the only way to have MMS now on the iPhone (for AT&T customers) is to add the $30 Unlimited MMS for the entire family plan.. shitty.

I've send 5 picture messages with 0.3.5. they haven't been recieved yet and my boyfriend also sent me a picture text and I haven't recieved it yet.

My service is AT&T I'm on fm 1.1.2 and I asked them to put in MMS, settings are

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

Anyone else have this problem?

I work for at&t inside a retail sales store customer serivce reps are dummys you should go into the store most of us could care less if your phone is hacked. I don't even have mms on my line and it works for me.

Thanks

Getting them to add it isn't the problem. The fact the system sweeps through and deletes the MMS plan, is. I really don't feel like calling every 2 days to add the unlimited messaging package back.

if you delete the iphone imei the phone will not work unless you unlock it?

the MMS application wont even open up for me...it opens then closes!

I had the opening then closing problem too. I thought I shut my phone down but the screen just went back to Slide to unlock and never actually turned off. I then turned all the way off and made sure (you could see the diffecence in the LCD) turned it back on and it works good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    the MMS application wont even open up for me...it opens then closes!
    remember to leave "APN specific" blank, I was doing that and it kept closing on me.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast