Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Default Insane with SwirlySpace
    It's amazing how I'm letting SwirlySpace drive me insane.

Okay ~ Do I install:
    1)SwirlyMMS - send MMSs with your iPhone
    2)SwirlyMMS from SwirlySpace - SwirlyMMS provides basic MMS functionality

I've been only able to get this to work once which was sending a MMS. I haven't been able to receive any MMS at all. Since that once, it hasn't worked again and I'm still continue to get error "Failed to send MMS-Cannot connect to proxy" or a "Failed to send MMS-failed to POST:timeout or error when reading http header" error.

Or when I get the error "Failed to send MMS-failed to POST:timeout or error when reading http header" recepient will still get my MMS but again whats the purpose of the error???
    Last edited by Tommigrl7o2; 2008-03-07 at 09:03 PM.

mine connects and fecthes the picture successfully but.. when i click to view it does nothing... tmobile usa 1.14 mss ver 034

Just tried this out finally, version 0.3.4 on a OTB 1.1.3 jailbroken phone with the TMobile(USA) settings on the front page of MMi and everything is working great.

Only issue I noticed was sometimes it stated that EDGE/GPRS settings were wrong and couldn't fetch, but I would just hit fetch again a few times and it would go through.

Also is there some sort of MMi IRC channel?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    there is a simple fix,

settings>general>reset>Reset Network Settings

That brings back your normal Edge settings but you will have to retype in any WiFi networks access settings

No need to change SIM and no need to contact your network provider

A more permanent fix is the add the MMS settings into your carrier.plist but thats not for noobs

Man I wish it would have been that simple. I tried that first and like 5 times, then tried to reset all settings. More than once. Then I did a restore. Then I did a refurbish and a restore. Then another refurb/restore. Soon as I got a new sim bam it worked so it definately did something to the sim. Just trying to warn people to be careful what settings they put in there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djamc1 View Post
    Tested
    and
    Working.
    Send / Recieve
    AT&T
    Los Angeles
    FW 1.1.2

Called Customer Service and added the 200 MMS Messaging for 5 more bucks a month.

I now have 200SMS + 200MMS

Total Bill b4 Taxes $85.00

WICKED!

Thank you Swirley

=]

Ok so after posting this and having no problems at all that day, the next day the AT&T system kicked me back off. Tried re-adding the same plan and got n00bs or MMS haters that didnt want to make it happen again.

sooo... I just called right now and had a pleasant conversation with the AT&T customer service rep. This lady was kinda clueless but very nice, anyways i gave her the 2 phone story and also mention to her that I had already added the plan a couple of days ago and some how it stop working. She went ahead and re-added the 200 MMS messaging plan for 5 extra dollars a month. I will report back tomorrow on if the AT&T system kicks me back off again.

AND if i do get kicked off, IMO the only way i see this working for AT&T customers is if you have multiple phones on your account and add the family unlimited MMS messaging plan for 20 extra dollars.

crossing my fingers, wish me luck and all that jazz...

long live MMI and everyone have a awesome Friday Night!

=]

PS. Be as nice as possible when you call and start making conversation about anything. I went with the new plans that there offering... the 99$ unlimited calling plan and she started paying more attention to that then the adding of the MMS messaging plan. good luck and may the force be with you!

Thanks

Talking Success!!!
    After following this thread a few days I'm now sending/receiving with 100% success!!

I was on the $40 Data + Unlimited SMS Plan.

Called 611 on the iPhone got a nice rep simply told her I wanted to remove $20 Unlimited SMS Plan and keep $20 Unlimited Data. Once she did here thing I told her I want to add $20 Unlimited SMS/MMS package. She didn't ask why but seemed curious so I explained to her I often rough it on the weekends and switch my sim to my old RZR.

Took about 5 minutes and current plan is Unlimited Data ($20) and Unlimited SMS/MMS ($20).

Didn't cost me a dime extra and I'm Swirlin like a mofo!

Thanks for all the great advise in this thread I hope this helps someone else like y'all helped me!

My Setup:
    1.1.2 OTB
    ZiPhone 2.5 1.1.4 Jailbreak
    Carrier: AT&T US

Settings:

MMSC:
    mmsc.cingular.com

APN:
    blank

Image Size: Medium

I have called in and obtained the unlimited sms/mms plan for $20. I called back and later asked the next ATT rep to tell me what is on my account and she confirmed I had the mms plan on my account. I looked at all the settings for swirley and still cant get my ATT iphone to work for mms. I continue to receive the "Failed to send MMS" message The network reported: service denied. My settings are as follows:

MMSC:
    mmsc.cingular.com

APN:
    blank

Image Size: Medium

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by robert_ayala; 2008-03-08 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robert_ayala View Post
    I have called in and obtained the unlimited sms/mms plan for $20. I called back and later asked the next ATT rep to tell me what is on my account and she confirmed I had the mms plan on my account. I looked at all the settings for swirley and still cant get my ATT iphone to work for mms. I continue to receive the "Failed to send MMS" message The network reported: service denied. My settings are as follows:
    I got the "service denied" error before I added the mms plan. Maybe it takes a while for the system to update your plan? How long ago did you call the first time? I waited 5 or 6 hours after the call and then it worked first try so perhaps it just needs some time.

How long ago did you change the plan?

(edit: robert, when i called back and readded the mms plan it worked as soon as i got off the phone so if yours still isnt working you prolly need to call em back)

Quote Originally Posted by mikdiamon View Post
    After following this thread a few days I'm now sending/receiving with 100% success!!

I was on the $40 Data + Unlimited SMS Plan.

Called 611 on the iPhone got a nice rep simply told her I wanted to remove $20 Unlimited SMS Plan and keep $20 Unlimited Data. Once she did here thing I told her I want to add $20 Unlimited SMS/MMS package. She didn't ask why but seemed curious so I explained to her I often rough it on the weekends and switch my sim to my old RZR.

Took about 5 minutes and current plan is Unlimited Data ($20) and Unlimited SMS/MMS ($20).

Didn't cost me a dime extra and I'm Swirlin like a mofo!

Thanks for all the great advise in this thread I hope this helps someone else like y'all helped me!
    Ok, had a little snag. Someone posted earlier that they added unlimited sms/mms plan to iphone data and then the msg plan fell off the next day. Well, same thing happened to me, I called them up and they added it back on but they said it may fall off again since its not ment for our phone.

Solution:

I got a manager type dude on the phone he said if it does kick it off again I can give them a serial # from my weekend phone (i do have a old broke rzr around) and that will definitely work. No need to do family plan or add rzr to contract, it will still just be $20 and he said it will definately allow the mms plan to be added. I'll update status tomorrow when i see if it sticks this time.
    Last edited by mikdiamon; 2008-03-08 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chronzz View Post
    cant wait for this can i install it manually

update:
    Ok guys, I will ease your pain. Do the following:
    1) Uninstall your current SwirlyMMS
    2) Add the following source to the installer: swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml
    3) Install the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace", ver 0.3.1. Follow the installation instructions (which means you must restart your phone when installation has finsihed)
    4) Have fun

update 2:

installed it on 1.1.4 teste on sending and receiving both worked perfectly...
    I've added the source but the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace" is no longer available? Can someone please verify.

Where can I get this version thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieJunkie View Post
    for me my setting are

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

and thats all PLEASE help
    These setting are correct just take the leading 0s off for example 066 = 66. Notice the M on top right on you iPhone, it turns green when connected.
    I think we need to call AT&T and add a picture plan as someone previously mentioned.

Talking finally etisalat mms working on iphone!
    finally managed to make it working on Etisalat (UAE operator).
    settings are:

MMSC: http://mms/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 10.12.0.30:8080

APN: mms
    Username: mms
    Password: mms

tried to send it from Wasel prepaid gsm and seems to be working. just need to confirm it from the other end though.

no need for edge settings in network at all.

Default SwirlySpace works on 1.1.3 (Confirmed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommigrl7o2 View Post
    It's amazing how I'm letting SwirlySpace drive me insane.

Okay ~ Do I install:
    1)SwirlyMMS - send MMSs with your iPhone
    2)SwirlyMMS from SwirlySpace - SwirlyMMS provides basic MMS functionality

I've been only able to get this to work once which was sending a MMS. I haven't been able to receive any MMS at all. Since that once, it hasn't worked again and I'm still continue to get error "Failed to send MMS-Cannot connect to proxy" or a "Failed to send MMS-failed to POST:timeout or error when reading http header" error.

Or when I get the error "Failed to send MMS-failed to POST:timeout or error when reading http header" recepient will still get my MMS but again whats the purpose of the error???
    Okay I will be one of the few to report that SwirlySpace does working on a 1.1.3 OTB iPhone with my existing AT&T sim card. 1.1.3 iPhone is Unlock/Jailbreak/Activated with ZiPhone. My existing plan/sim card consist of Blackberry Unlimited Data including 1500 text, pics, etc. I did try to use SwirlySpace downgrading the iPhone to 1.1.1 and upgrading to 1.1.2 however I was getting the errors reported above in my quote. Plus my YouTube was giving me trouble with 1.1.2 but after repeating Unlock/Jailbreak/Activate to 1.1.2 it would work. I do hope in the future that SwirlySpace does work with 1.1.2.

My AT&T/SwirlySpace settings are exactly: Nothing more-Nothing Less
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 66.209.11.032

MMS-specific APN Settings ~ nothing in that section

Oh and in the top right-hand corner on SwirlySpace, you have to wait til the "m" is green and not gray to send.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

So i finally get Messaging Unlimited and my $40 plan cut to the $20 one (iPhone data/texts) and i've tried a variety of settings, and i get the same results.

FW: 1.1.4
    SwirlyMMS: 0.3.5

I send pics to my friend with at&t.. it says the picture is too large to open. He sends me a pic, i get it.

Send pics to my friend on tmobile and it is black. Sent it with different settings, same result. She sends me a pic, an hour and a half later, i get it.

I've tried different things for proxy.. 066.209.011.032, 66.209.11.032, 66.209.11.32, 066.209.011.61 - same results

Added APN info, left it blank.. same thing.

Image size.. tried small, medium, etc.. same thing.

WTF is wrong?!!? This is driving me nuts. The only thing i know is to try 0.3.2 since i've heard of people having problems on at&t with the newer ones. Any other ideas guys?

UPDATE: I emailed the picture to the person with t-mobile (to their AOL email through SwirlyMMS) and it worked fine.. WTF!
    Last edited by cockyjeremy; 2008-03-09 at 09:48 AM.

Hi all, ive installed the new SwirlyMMS, SSH'ed to the phone and added the commands to allow it to open) - its now opening.

Im in New Zealand and i have put the following settings in

GPRS/EDGE Settings
    APN address: live.vodafone.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

MMS settings
    MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend
    Proxy: 172.030.038.003:8080

- In settings -> general -> network -> EDGE - ive tried putting live.vodafone.com and tried leaving it blank, but both ways in Swirly, the M eventually goes green and no mms's are recieved

It has recently started to allow me to send. however still cannot recieve.

If someone could help that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Pradip; 2008-03-09 at 10:36 AM.

I'm on Tmobile and I keep getting this message> I get faild to send MMS. MMS cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not avaliable! Please review your MMS and/or EDGE APN settings, or wait a while if settings are correct...????? Please somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greatstuff451 View Post
    Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Just do a restore, upgrade to 1.1.4 in iTunes, then download Ziphone 2.5 and use it to jailbreak and or unlock/activate.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeVegas View Post
    I'm on Tmobile and I keep getting this message> I get faild to send MMS. MMS cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not avaliable! Please review your MMS and/or EDGE APN settings, or wait a while if settings are correct...????? Please somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    Mine does that sometimes, try waiting 5-10 minutes. That MIGHT help. Sometimes if hit "new" or "settings" and let the little icon turn green (top right corner) and then back out, and it'll stay green to send/fetch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't fetch my MMSs. I know my settings are right cause they work fine wit my motorola, but on iPhone it starts fetching and when it's about to finish it dies with the following error log:

u: inet 200.40.246.2;
    u: link 69.70.31.0;
    Starting fetch-MMSFetching /var/root/Library/MMSApp/Notifications/63FD6B29.notif [1]CL=http://mmsc1.mms.ancelutil.com.uy/20080309/17/63FD6B29.MMS?id=%2b59899604479Port : 3128, Address : 0x2F628C8
    HTTP-GET with headers:Connection: closeUser-Agent: iPhone-SwirlyMMSx-wap-profile: "http://swirlyspace.com/UAprof/iPhoneSwirlyMMS.xml""HTTP/1.1 200 OK""Connection: close""Content-Length: 13668""Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:42:30 GMT""Content-Type: application/vnd.wap.mms-message"""hdr-len=145, cont-len=13668Error: failed to GET: timeout or error when reading http data, recv_n=0 (12457/13813)worker thread now signals main thread.
    SwirlyMMS terminated at: 2008-03-09 18:35:21 -0300

Thanks

Mine fetch, but it seems as though half the time they don't even get to my phone to be able to fetch them. Bah. Mine seem to be sending fine though.. finally!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can send perfectly, never had a problem with that, I don't know why it starts fetching fine but it dies almost at the shore.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast