Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Jncominco2 View Post
    why do we HAVE to go to the swirly forums for help?
    i see that they may have additional info there but
    can we not just get it here?
    are you our mommy and tell us what we can and can not do?

on the other note
    its all about who you talk to
    try calling a couple times
    try different people
    You don't HAVE to do anything you don't WANT to do. I'm trying to get people to go there because that is where the MAIN swirlymms forum is? They just set it up recently for these types of problems. And it also has helpful information which answers most of the questions you guys are already asking. Having said that, this swirlymms forum is directly associated with the developers and if you have any ideas or suggestions you now have a way to get in touch with them. just posting in this thread may get you some help but it won't really help the development of the app which in the end is what we all want. That being said if you refuse to go to the swirlymms forums and actually care about the program then don't complain when it doesn't work, or you can't get help to figure things out. Don't be a jackass. I have very good reasons for wanting people to go the the swirlymms forums. What is your reason for not going? just because you are lazy? and saying i'm acting like your mom is very childish, get a life.

In the end I'm trying to help the people on this forum by giving them answers to their questions, most of which have already been answered. It's very frustrating trying to answer questions in 18 different forums when there is a MAIN forum for discussing this stuff. Not to mention the more people we get at the MAIN forums the more focused help we can have and we can divide problems into different categories instead of having one thread that is 22 pages long... thus discouraging people from reading the answers and just reposting the same questions over and over.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 2008-03-04 at 09:55 PM.

Hi all, ive installed the new SwirlyMMS, SSH'ed to the phone and added the commands to allow it to open) - its now opening.

Im in New Zealand and i have put the following settings in

GPRS/EDGE Settings
    APN address: live.vodafone.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

MMS settings
    MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend
    Proxy: 172.030.038.003:8080

- In settings -> general -> network -> EDGE - ive tried putting live.vodafone.com and tried leaving it blank, but both ways in Swirly, the M eventually goes green and no mms's are recieved - it is also not letting me send. It just says its sending , but stays like that for like 5mins till i stop it.

If someone could help that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    You don't HAVE to do anything you don't WANT to do. I'm trying to get people to go there because that is where the MAIN swirlymms forum is? They just set it up recently for these types of problems. And it also has helpful information which answers most of the questions you guys are already asking. Having said that, this swirlymms forum is directly associated with the developers and if you have any ideas or suggestions you now have a way to get in touch with them. just posting in this thread may get you some help but it won't really help the development of the app which in the end is what we all want. That being said if you refuse to go to the swirlymms forums and actually care about the program then don't complain when it doesn't work, or you can't get help to figure things out. Don't be a jackass. I have very good reasons for wanting people to go the the swirlymms forums. What is your reason for not going? just because you are lazy? and saying i'm acting like your mom is very childish, get a life.

In the end I'm trying to help the people on this forum by giving them answers to their questions, most of which have already been answered. It's very frustrating trying to answer questions in 18 different forums when there is a MAIN forum for discussing this stuff. Not to mention the more people we get at the MAIN forums the more focused help we can have and we can divide problems into different categories instead of having one thread that is 22 pages long... thus discouraging people from reading the answers and just reposting the same questions over and over.
    did I ever say I didnt go to the forums? no i didnt
    dont say that i dont
    and i am very much for helping the development of an app
    do you not see that i am in a dev team?
    i may not code things, but i do test and suggest improvements
    so i am very much for helping applications improve
    dont sit there and rag on people just cause they dont follow your directions
    if people want to go there, great
    more power to them
    others may not
    its their choice
    so why dont YOU stop acting like a child, and stop arguing about it
    sound good? ok

PS. i thought you said you weren't posting in this thread anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Pradip View Post
    Hi all, ive installed the new SwirlyMMS, SSH'ed to the phone and added the commands to allow it to open) - its now opening.

Im in New Zealand and i have put the following settings in

GPRS/EDGE Settings
    APN address: live.vodafone.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

MMS settings
    MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend
    Proxy: 172.030.038.003:8080

- In settings -> general -> network -> EDGE - ive tried putting live.vodafone.com and tried leaving it blank, but both ways in Swirly, the M eventually goes green and no mms's are recieved - it is also not letting me send. It just says its sending , but stays like that for like 5mins till i stop it.

If someone could help that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
    im not really sure what to tell you
    you can try restarting the phone and see if it helps
    also, does it just stay at the kinda blacked out screen with the circle in the middle?

Finally found the app, i restarted and everything.

When i try and open the app it opens for 5 seconds then closes. How come?

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    Finally found the app, i restarted and everything.

When i try and open the app it opens for 5 seconds then closes. How come?
    did you install it via installer?
    you shouldnt have to, but you can try chmodding all the files/folders for it
    and rebooting
    some apps also just take like 5 times of crashing before they will come up depending on the firmware

Got it to work. I sent a mms to myself. I received it but not sure how to view it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG! All they say is that I have to buy a different sim card for my RAZR. I dont want two phone's! Why dont they let themselves make money. This should be illegal, and none of the people who answer know anything!

To Ks503, restart your phone until it opens. It worked for me.
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 2008-03-04 at 11:44 PM.

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    Got it to work. I sent a mms to myself. I received it but not sure how to view it?
    you need to install two apps
    MobileFinder
    and
    MobilePreview

once installed, open up mobilefinder and go to settings
    turn on the "System File Access" option
    and turn on the ".." feature
    then go to the very root
    /
    the pictures should be in
    /var/mobile/Media/MMSFiles

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    OMG! All they say is that I have to buy a different sim card for my RAZR. I dont want two phone's! Why dont they let themselves make money. This should be illegal, and none of the people who answer know anything!

To Ks503, restart your phone until it opens. It worked for me.
    what "people" are you referring to?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jncominco2 For This Useful Post:

ks503 (2008-03-05), Sparblaze (2008-03-05)

you need to install two apps
    MobileFinder
    and
    MobilePreview

once installed, open up mobilefinder and go to settings
    turn on the "System File Access" option
    and turn on the ".." feature
    then go to the very root
    /
    the pictures should be in
    /var/mobile/Media/MMSFiles
    Thanks man, got it to work.

Thanks

Yes I got it to work. I added the pay per use plan. Here is what I said:

"A lot of my friends have iPhones, and they've all done this...I've also seen this before. You can't use MMS when you put the iPhone sim card in another pone, but my friends called and asked AT&T to add on the $0.25 pay per use MMS feature and it has worked for them." And she said, "I don't think this will work, but let me try." 30 seconds later...I have added it to your account it should start working right away!"

This was my third call in to them.

Also why do we have to:
    1. Install Mobile Finder & Mobile Preview
    2. Open mobile preview
    3. Hit open
    4. Select Media at the ~ menu
    5. Choose MMSFiles
    6. And finally select the pic

This takes way to long. Is there a way to view pics in the MMS app? This is annoying and I don't like that extra preview app on my dashboard. Another thing, THANKS for all the help guys. You all are the best.
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 2008-03-05 at 12:39 AM.

Jncominco2
    Yes I got it to work. I added the pay per use plan. Here is what I said:
    did they make you add the PPU plan?
    if so, thats dumb

Thanks

did they make you add the PPU plan?
    if so, thats dumb
    I added more to my post because I edited it, but I don't want to get unlimited messaging because It's cheaper this way since I don't send a lot of MMS. Is there a free way or something, and how do I view pics a different way than Mobile Finder because that is really sloppy.

Jncominco2
    I added more to my post because I edited it, but I don't want to get unlimited messaging because It's cheaper this way since I don't send a lot of MMS. Is there a free way or something, and how do I view pics a different way than Mobile Finder because that is really sloppy.
    as far as i know, mobilefinder and mobilepreview is the only way as of now
    like they said, this is a very rough version of it
    just be happy it works :P
    someone else may know of a way, but this is the only way i have heard
    im sure it will be incorperated in later versions
    just set your start up directory in mobilefinder to the MMSFiles folder

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    ok I said I wasn't posting here anymore but you guys still aren't going to the main swirlyMMS forums for help for some reason, so here it goes:

I don't care what these idiots are telling you at ATT it can be done. Do not let them tell you it can't. I did not tell them I had a different phone or 2 phones or anything like that. I requested to have the family unlimited txt plan added to my plan. She confirmed with me that I knew this was on top of the 20/mo iphone data plan and I said yes of course. She said ok its set up and in effect immediately. This was CORPORATE ATT not local... either way this is capable AND not only that but it isn't hard to do. Took her like 30 seconds to get it set up. Just don't let them tell you what they can and can not do. If you wish to pay extra for a plan regardless of if it makes sense to them or not its your prerogative.
    I agree, did the same thing and it took probably less than 30 seconds...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    See post #63. I'm installing Mobile Preview now.
    This is awesome I hope they release an update that makes it a lot easier to find these images within the same program but for now this is pretty cool!

Jncominco2
    they released 0.3.3...idk what it changed
    maybe just some bugs or something
    but no image in app yet ><

This is just SO frustrating.. No matter how many times i call i cant seem to get anything added to my plan to allow for MMS.. This is the most ridiculous issue with the iPhone note be able to do this natively. What the hell are Apple and ATT thinking on this issue???? The cheapest phones on the plant do MMS i think..

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    I agree, did the same thing and it took probably less than 30 seconds...
    yea but you can only do this if there is more than one phone on the plan.

Jncominco2
    you guys can try this
    tell them you sometimes use the sim card in another phone
    such as a nokia
    and you need everything to work on that
    so you would like the $20 plan
    and the unlimited text/mms plan
    other people have done it
    some have also just added the PPU option

Thanks

Just tell them more than 20 of your friends have called in and done it and it works. Then say all they need to do is add the MMS pay per use $0.25 plan to your phone number. If this doesn't work, hang up and call again. It works. Trust me.

So there is 0.3.3 out now. So far no changes noticed, but it is probably bug fixes. Sorry no pics inside of app still. Also, you have to uninstall any previous version uninstalled, restart you iPhone/iPod, open installer, go to recent packages, then install it. Why can't we update? I don't kow. And it is still crashing, so you have to restart phone completely after you install.

Here are AT&T settings since you have to reenter them:

mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com/
    proxy: 66.209.11.032
    apn: wap.cingular
    user: [email protected]
    pass: CINGULAR1
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 2008-03-05 at 03:00 AM.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast