Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Man this thing is annoying... I love the idea of it but can't seem to get it to work. Not only am I not able to send messages but i'm not receiving anything either. I keep getting the basic "I sent you a multimedia message.. blah blah"

Using Jailbroken Phone 1.1.3

I'm an AT&T User with the $20 a month unlimited text plan including MMS.
    I tried both APN Manual Settings & just the basic mmsc.cingular.com with the proxy 066.209.011.032

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Man this thing is annoying... I love the idea of it but can't seem to get it to work. Not only am I not able to send messages but i'm not receiving anything either. I keep getting the basic "I sent you a multimedia message.. blah blah"

Using Jailbroken Phone 1.1.3

I'm an AT&T User with the $20 a month unlimited text plan including MMS.
    I tried both APN Manual Settings & just the basic mmsc.cingular.com with the proxy 066.209.011.032

Any help would be much appreciated.
    ok so you have the $20 iphone plan
    and the $20 unlimited text/mms to all phones right?

i have my settings as

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

NO APN SETTINGS

image size is medium

set those in swirly
    then restart your phone the normal way
    turn off with the power button
    leave off for 30 seconds or so
    turn back on
    then go into swirly
    wait until the green M at the top right is LIGHT GREEN
    then try sending one
    make sure your entering the full number too (ex 1801xxxxxxx)
    you HAVE to wait for the green M to send them
    just try sending one to yourself

oh and another dumb q
    you ARE on SwirlyMMS 0.3.2 right?

Well, I have a friend who runs a AT&T, and he says his computers won't let him put ANY of the settings that were mentioned in here.

As long as I have ANY iphone plan, be it the 200 or not, he says the computers will not accept putting any other messaging plan on along with it.

I suggested he put me down as having a different phone, but he says that probably won't work either. So, to the experts out there, i ask,

NOW what??

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if it's an additional plan on top of the $20.00.. i just called AT&T and they said I have the capabilities of sending Pictures messages (i told them i had a razr too)

and to answer your question yah I have 0.3.2... but it's strange i can't even receive them?
    I will try the restart like you say.

What did you mean entering the full #? i just pick a name out of my phonebook and a picture from my camera roll and hit "send"

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I don't know if it's an additional plan on top of the $20.00.. i just called AT&T and they said I have the capabilities of sending Pictures messages (i told them i had a razr too)

and to answer your question yah I have 0.3.2... but it's strange i can't even receive them?
    I will try the restart like you say.

What did you mean entering the full #? i just pick a name out of my phonebook and a picture from my camera roll and hit "send"
    you need to make sure you have the $20 IPHONE plan
    and the UNLIMITED TEXT/MMS plan
    for the WHOLE plan

and by the full number
    i mean make sure you have 1 + area code + number
    ex
    (no this is not my number :P)

Quote Originally Posted by TehReaper View Post
    it worked fine for me yesterday but again today i get service denied..it was working flawlessly last night... i wonder if AT&T reset everybodys mms ? can somebody plz let me know if theres still wor and they have AT&T or cingular thanx!
    Worked for me yesterday, still does today

Thanks

So how many people have been able to get AT&T to turn on media messages on their accounts in order to get this to work. What did you have to tell them and did you have to nasty.

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    Worked for me yesterday, still does today
    lol me too

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    So how many people have been able to get AT&T to turn on media messages on their accounts in order to get this to work. What did you have to tell them and did you have to nasty.
    mine works just fine on ATT
    like i said before
    i had them change it to the unlimited texting/mms to the whole plan
    and dropped my iphone plan down to the $20 plan
    so you will still have unlimited text/internet and blah blah
    then i waited like 5-10 minutes
    restarted my phone
    and it worked!

PS: yes, i had to do the nasty

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

so, i have it working on AT&T (still working today); originally (back when using version 2.2), i had AT&T add the pay per message plan, but every night it was removed from my plan.

Yesterday, I had them add the family unlimited text/mms plan to my account (and downgraded my iphone data plan to the $20 limited SMS plan). I unsed the "I have another phone I use with my SIM card." I must have got lucky with the rep -- he seemed to know exactly what plans to set up, so I would be able to send and receive MMS when I was using my "other" phone ;-) and still have unlimited text (and MMS) under my plan.

My settings are the same as indicated above, except I do have MMS-specific APN settings completed

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

I hear the capitalization is relevant -- though as noted above, some people don't have the addition MMS - specific APN settings completed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    Well, I have a friend who runs a AT&T, and he says his computers won't let him put ANY of the settings that were mentioned in here.

As long as I have ANY iphone plan, be it the 200 or not, he says the computers will not accept putting any other messaging plan on along with it.

I suggested he put me down as having a different phone, but he says that probably won't work either. So, to the experts out there, i ask,

NOW what??

You can change your data/messaging plan to a non-iphone account as I understand it; everything should work except Visual Voicemail -- unless you have the iPhone data plan, Visual Voicemail will not work; having said that, a number of people including myself have had success adding the unlimited SMS/Media messaging plans to our iPhone plans.

I know that the plan which allows MMS pay per use will not work (if you get the rep to set it up, it is removed every night by the AT&T system as "incompatible" with the iPhone data plan.)
    Last edited by rkisling; 2008-03-04 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    so, i have it working on AT&T (still working today); originally (back when using version 2.2), i had AT&T add the pay per message plan, but every night it was removed from my plan.

Yesterday, I had them add the family unlimited text/mms plan to my account (and downgraded my iphone data plan to the $20 limited SMS plan). I unsed the "I have another phone I use with my SIM card." I must have got lucky with the rep -- he seemed to know exactly what plans to set up, so I would be able to send and receive MMS when I was using my "other" phone ;-) and still have unlimited text (and MMS) under my plan.

My settings are the same as indicated above, except I do have MMS-specific APN settings completed

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

I hear the capitalization is relevant -- though as noted above, some people don't have the addition MMS - specific APN settings completed.

You can change your data/messaging plan to a non-iphone account as I understand it; everything should work except Visual Voicemail -- unless you have the iPhone data plan, Visual Voicemail will not work; having said that, a number of people including myself have had success adding the unlimited SMS/Media messaging plans to our iPhone plans.

I know that the plan which allows MMS pay per use will not work (if you get the rep to set it up, it is removed every night by the AT&T system as "incompatible" with the iPhone data plan.)

Guess i'm one of the unlucky few. I definitely don't wanna compromise my visual voicemail.

Jncominco2
    Guess i'm one of the unlucky few. I definitely don't wanna compromise my visual voicemail.
    do the $20 iphone data plan
    and add unlimited texting/mms to the whole plan
    youll still have visual voicemail...

This is the 1st application that I have had any trouble with. I can get it to open properly and everything, but when someone sends me a MMS it shows up the same way as usual....a crappy text telling me where to shove it. I have no idea why I can open the app but still not recieve MMS at all. It is .32 by the way NOT 0.31

called at&t and i'm by myself (only phone) on the plan. They said i cannot have the $20 iphone data plan and unlimited text/mms as the $20 plan has 200 messages and it won't allow it to be added. Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
    called at&t and i'm by myself (only phone) on the plan. They said i cannot have the $20 iphone data plan and unlimited text/mms as the $20 plan has 200 messages and it won't allow it to be added. Eh?

exactly my point, and im not even calling a random rep. I'm calling a lifelong friend who OWNS the store.

exactly my point, and im not even calling a random rep. I'm calling a lifelong friend who OWNS the store.
    exactly. looks like at&t knew we found out how to MMS and locked us totally out. *sigh* at&*******-t never ceases to amaze me.

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    This is the 1st application that I have had any trouble with. I can get it to open properly and everything, but when someone sends me a MMS it shows up the same way as usual....a crappy text telling me where to shove it. I have no idea why I can open the app but still not recieve MMS at all. It is .32 by the way NOT 0.31
    its 0.3.2 first off
    not 0.32
    secondly
    make sure you have all your settings correct
    and you MAY have to set APN settings, depending on carrier

Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
    well yeah...because their system probably wont allow them to do it
    it doesnt make logical sense for them to do that
    but someone SHOULD be able to override it

What I dont get is why ATT gives a ****. We send an mms, they make money. The phone has a program that does the job, who gives a damn if it is a 3rd party app, they should be happy there is a new way for them to make some cash.

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    What I dont get is why ATT gives a ****. We send an mms, they make money. The phone has a program that does the job, who gives a damn if it is a 3rd party app, they should be happy there is a new way for them to make some cash.
    im sure its in their contract with apple somewhere....

ok I said I wasn't posting here anymore but you guys still aren't going to the main swirlyMMS forums for help for some reason, so here it goes:

I don't care what these idiots are telling you at ATT it can be done. Do not let them tell you it can't. I did not tell them I had a different phone or 2 phones or anything like that. I requested to have the family unlimited txt plan added to my plan. She confirmed with me that I knew this was on top of the 20/mo iphone data plan and I said yes of course. She said ok its set up and in effect immediately. This was CORPORATE ATT not local... either way this is capable AND not only that but it isn't hard to do. Took her like 30 seconds to get it set up. Just don't let them tell you what they can and can not do. If you wish to pay extra for a plan regardless of if it makes sense to them or not its your prerogative.

Jncominco2
    Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    ok I said I wasn't posting here anymore but you guys still aren't going to the main swirlyMMS forums for help for some reason, so here it goes:

I don't care what these idiots are telling you at ATT it can be done. Do not let them tell you it can't. I did not tell them I had a different phone or 2 phones or anything like that. I requested to have the family unlimited txt plan added to my plan. She confirmed with me that I knew this was on top of the 20/mo iphone data plan and I said yes of course. She said ok its set up and in effect immediately. This was CORPORATE ATT not local... either way this is capable AND not only that but it isn't hard to do. Took her like 30 seconds to get it set up. Just don't let them tell you what they can and can not do. If you wish to pay extra for a plan regardless of if it makes sense to them or not its your prerogative.
    why do we HAVE to go to the swirly forums for help?
    i see that they may have additional info there but
    can we not just get it here?
    are you our mommy and tell us what we can and can not do?

on the other note
    its all about who you talk to
    try calling a couple times
    try different people

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast