Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone 2.5 for 1.1.4 Firmware Has Been Released

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
    No. Community Sources is already listed as a source on Installer with ZiPhone. Reboot your iPhone OR go to General > Reset ... and reset your iPhone.

Yes. It is important to set up the iPhone as a NEW iPhone.

See above.
    I think he meant the 3.6 Community Sources update in installer/sources

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    You option-clicked restore because you are using a Mac? Some people say to shift-click restore. Is shift-click restore for PC users and option-click restore for Mac users?

It would be useful to clarify this.

Thanks!
    Indeed, option-click is for Mac users and shift-click is for Win users.
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-03-02 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

marcoiac (2008-03-02)

Hey I'm really new to this kind of stuff. I've followed the ZiPhone app for a little while now. I just had a few questions before using it. I searched but I haven't really found anything about this, unless I'm really stupid. Are there any real risks to using ZiPhone? Like, if something happens can i reset my phone so that its not jailbroken anymore? If anybody could just let me know about risks or anything, if there are any that would be awesome. Thanks a lot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 1.1.2 OTB which was earlier upgraded to 1.1.3 n unlocked using ZIPHONE 2.2... now i have restored it to 1.1.4 and unlocked using ZIPHONE 2.5...

1) iTunes is showing 190 mb OTHER files so is it just another iTunes glitch...

2) I had a alotta softwares and games which all are gone now so they are completely erased or they r still there in the iphone and its just the icons which have disappeared...

Everything is working fine... just had theses questions in mind...

I have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iPhone using Ziphone 2.5 but I'm stilll having problems connecting to youtube and my mail application is not working either! I tried executing this ''chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile'' using terminal in winscp but with NO SUCCESS.. please help!!!!!!

Has anyone managed to unlock, activate and jailbreak OOTB 1.1.4's?

Is it safe to downgrade the BL to 3.9?

DeanCorp

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default 1.1.3 ooo to 1.1.4
    I used the zphone to unlock my new 1.1.3 iphone and now I restored to 1.1.4 to upgrade and its activated but not unlocked.

I got summerboard to install, but when I install certain themes they do not show up in the summerboard application. I also used Winscp to place themes in the summerboard folder, but they still dont show up in the smbprefs. Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default re
    anyone else having this problem? I used ZiPhone and it restored to 1.1.4 but it doesn't unlock the phone. I then refurbished the phone with Ziphone and same thing..and re hacked the phone with Ziphone..still won't unlock it..iTunes can't properly restore the phone either.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w0by View Post
    anyone else having this problem? I used ZiPhone and it restored to 1.1.4 but it doesn't unlock the phone. I then refurbished the phone with Ziphone and same thing..and re hacked the phone with Ziphone..still won't unlock it..iTunes can't properly restore the phone either.
    Downgrade the firmware revirginize the baseband and try again. Should work after that.

Quote Originally Posted by mebx86 View Post
    I have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iPhone using Ziphone 2.5 but I'm stilll having problems connecting to youtube and my mail application is not working either! I tried executing this ''chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile'' using terminal in winscp but with NO SUCCESS.. please help!!!!!!
    any error messages? Can you type ls -l /private/var/mobile to verify the file owner is correct? Easiest way to fix this is to do a "Restore" in iTunes and then jailbreak, unlock. Everything should work after that.

Quote Originally Posted by woodtrain54 View Post
    Hey I'm really new to this kind of stuff. I've followed the ZiPhone app for a little while now. I just had a few questions before using it. I searched but I haven't really found anything about this, unless I'm really stupid. Are there any real risks to using ZiPhone? Like, if something happens can i reset my phone so that its not jailbroken anymore? If anybody could just let me know about risks or anything, if there are any that would be awesome. Thanks a lot.
    Answers are no and yes. I suppose there is some risk if you are in the middle of downgrading the bootloader, your battery is flat and the power suddenly cuts out. That's why I always use a laptop (with a full battery) and to ensure the iPhone is fully charged when doing an upgrade. I already have a $500 paperweight (not an iPhone but something else) from a previous experiment...

If something goes wrong with the unlock procedure it's relatively straightforward to downgrade and try again. There are literally 100's of tutorials on the net concerning how to do this. Just search for iPhone, DFU, downgrade
    Last edited by imode; 2008-03-02 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

oh man, i really like the ziphone2.5...took three minutes...BUT does anyone know how to get my mail working again??? please help

Thanks

is this better than independence?
    Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out.

[/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    sorry but this is probably a dumb question but know how ziphone work for 1.1.3 and if u had an unlocked phone you can only activate and jailbreak (not unlock) and it remains unlocked.. my question is do i have to do an activate and jailbreak like before? will it remain unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agllp View Post
    I RESTORE THE IPHONE AS A new phone in to the 1.1.4 then I use Ziphone 2.5 with the 3rd option JAILBREAK, then I install a lot of programs but when I try to install something for 1.1.4 it say Need 1.1.4, so I realise 30 minutes ago Im in 1.1.3, but any way at this moment i dont care because I did not found any difference with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4,
    somebody knows if there it's any difference between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4
    thanks!!
    1.1.4 is a bit faster.means that phone respond lot faster with launching apps.also some apple bugs fixed and safari supose to remember your open pages so no more white pages after returning to safari from springboard...

ok..thanks a lot..last question..if apple released a new firmware and I wanted to upgrade, could I just lock my phone back up with ziphone and upgrade in iTunes? What I mean is, would there be any complications if I wanted to lock my phone back up? Again, thanks a lot.

soldoutluck

use the wiggly apps (press and hold any icon)
    then you will have the option to delete the zibri blog shortcut
    just touch the shorcut icon to delete

Banned
    Thanks

oh man, i really like the ziphone2.5...took three minutes...BUT does anyone know how to get my mail working again??? please help

im am a complete newbie to all of this modding ish. but i need some help i have been reading and installing stuff on my iphone that i dont know what they do all i wanna do is install nes roms on to the phone and i cant figure it out. i have upgraded to 1.1.4 and i have windows xp
    pls help

Quote Originally Posted by ryanalmightyy View Post
    dudeee that looks mad nice. lol. i haven't had my iPod jailbroken in a while because i'm lazy. wanna send a link for the skin download? hehe.
    this is awesome! what theme is this?

sorry...i was referring to the theme a few posts above with the 5 icon dock.

I went and used ziphone 2.5 and everything seemed to work fine except the unlock part. i used the "do it all" button and it is jailbroken but when i insert my sim card, it does not recognize it. would anybody have any idea on how to fix this. i believe it is a 1.1.3 (just bought it the other day). i messed up the first time so i used the refurbished button (i was going to return it). after thinking about it i decided to give it another try. i restored to 1.1.4 and then used ziphone. still won't let me use my tmobile sim card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by nanooreg; 2008-03-03 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this may be a stupid question but lord knows i aint no rocket scientologist. i have a stealth sim in my otb 1.1.2 phone if i upgrade with ziphone do i have to take the turbosim out or can i leave it in and not worry about it. since i had to trim my sim card and would have to get a new sim if it wont work with the stealth in it. thanks for the help

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I had the same problem..have a 1.1.3 out of box, restored it to 1.1.4 used the new program and it did everything except unlock my phone for use on tmobile. I restored it back to 1.1.3 and I'll just wait for the bug to be fixed until I restore to 1.1.4.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast