Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone 2.5 for 1.1.4 Firmware Has Been Released

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sodasamson View Post
    I've read the thread and decided to take the plunge and go for it... and now I'm sitting here endlessly waiting for iTunes to restore my iPhone?

Just to clarify:

I have iTunes 7.6.1 on Leopard - I've downloaded ZiPhone and I'm ready to go... so I plug my iPhone into my cpu and sync with iTunes one last time, then hit RESTORE. The prompts take me through varies warnings and questions... one of which was would you like to Back Up your phone, which I said yes too. Now I'm sitting here watching as my computer seems to be stuck? "Preparing iPhone for restore..."

So while I'm waiting I read this...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=6706966

Am I screwed?

8GB 1.1.2 OTB, 4.6BL
    Running on Stealthsim

Any suggestions anyone?
    Hey, I had the same problem.... the fix (I know its rediculous but it has worked for lots of people) is to plug your iPhone into a different USB port (preferably one imbeded in your computer, not a keyboard or a hub).... I can't remember where I got this tip from but I did not come up with it

Ok so, as I've heard with much other iPod Touch people, the stupid BSD root: md 0, major 2, minor 0 spams the screen, and ziphone never actually finishes. Same here. Some people that got the BSD root thing found other ways to JB to 1.1.4 by doing specific things. I've tried them all, none worked. I restored about 25 times in one day trying various ways to get it to jailbreak, tried updating from one firmware to the next and so on, that didn't work either.
    I guess it's just not working for the iPod Touch eh? Any more suggestions?

---- OK OK wait. I just realized that on the ziphone website it says their's still some problems blahblahblah with the iPod.... I guess I'm going to have to waittt.
    Last edited by ryanalmightyy; 2008-03-01 at 10:54 PM.
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

Thanks

oh and here is a screenshot from my working 1.1.4 with all the apps that I was running before working perfectly....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to exg5 For This Useful Post:

eidolon (2008-03-03)

did the restore and email is still crushing, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
    oh and here is a screenshot from my working 1.1.4 with all the apps that I was running before working perfectly....

dudeee that looks mad nice. lol. i haven't had my iPod jailbroken in a while because i'm lazy. wanna send a link for the skin download? hehe.

Any one? I am sure some on out there had the same problem with email, and fixed it some how.

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    Any one? I am sure some on out there had the same problem with email, and fixed it some how.
    Im still in the midst of getting my mail and youtube working
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

Green Apple
    Thanks
    everythings to be working fine sofar 1.1.4 jailBROKEN and .... i'm running xp

i updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 using zip it worked perfectly
    i had a question that some may have and that is
    did i have to take my tmobile simcard out? answer no
    just left it in and did the process and it worked like a charm so far.
    thanks to all involved in making this process simple enough that i
    could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sodasamson View Post
    Here's a link to his Blog, there you will find a link to paypal for donations.

http://www.ziphone.org/
    Wasn't there early. Thanks!
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Quote Originally Posted by koenster View Post
    it doesn't make the sound even in non vibrate mode, and a discoverd aswell that, when chose a sound, the sms sounds i can't preview listen...i used too in 1.1.3
    i'm having the same problem? has anyone found a resolution?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanalmightyy View Post
    dudeee that looks mad nice. lol. i haven't had my iPod jailbroken in a while because i'm lazy. wanna send a link for the skin download? hehe.
    I actually made it myself lol... I got the idea for the dock from the glass orb theme but I thought I could do it better so I redesigned it and then created a bunch of icons to go with it... if you give me your email I can send you a zip file with the graphics and you can just ssh them onto your iphone

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
    i'm having the same problem? has anyone found a resolution?
    restored and retried and it now works 1..1.4

i posted this yesterday but there are ppl still asking the question so ill post it again

for people that are having problems with their mail.app crashing , as i was, you can ssh into your phone with winscp and open up putty login then write

chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile

and then close putty close winscp and then restart your phone and then it mail.app should be working... btw doesnt need to be putty through winscp it could be the phone terminal or any terminal i just happened to use the winscp putty

Quote Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
    I actually made it myself lol... I got the idea for the dock from the glass orb theme but I thought I could do it better so I redesigned it and then created a bunch of icons to go with it... if you give me your email I can send you a zip file with the graphics and you can just ssh them onto your iphone
    [email protected]
    or if you have aim, then you could file transfer
    aim: ryanalmightyy =]

I think the "Do it all" button in the GUI shouldn't downgrade the bootloader as many people end up doing it even though they didn't want to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone not sincying or charging after upgrade to 1.1.4 using ziphone
    I Justo Upgrade To 1.1.4 Using Ziphone And All Was Working Fine Until Woke Up In The Morning The Phone Was Not Charging The Baterry In The Ac Adapter And Not Recognizing The Phone In The Usb Port I Test The Phone With Other Cable And The Same Thing Happens Somebody With This Problem?

Is This Maybe A Lockdown Of The Usb Port By The Firmware?

Any Help!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apizuorno54 View Post
    sorry men can i do this with an 1.1.4 otb with no problems?
    also do i have to downgrade the bootloader? can i leave the 4.6 or do i must downgrade it to a 3.8?
    Are you sure it is 1.1.4 otb? Also, this question has been answered 100's of times already. Just read through the thread. Anyway it will work. You can leave the bootloader at 4.6 by using the advanced option.

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    After doing an jailbreak, my email started to crash, it won't even open. How can i fix that?
    Use "Restore" to go to 1.1.4 not "Update" then after jailbreak/unlock use restore from backup to copy back all the settings etc from the last iTunes sync.

Quote Originally Posted by moises_s View Post
    I Justo Upgrade To 1.1.4 Using Ziphone And All Was Working Fine Until Woke Up In The Morning The Phone Was Not Charging The Baterry In The Ac Adapter And Not Recognizing The Phone In The Usb Port I Test The Phone With Other Cable And The Same Thing Happens Somebody With This Problem?

Is This Maybe A Lockdown Of The Usb Port By The Firmware?

Any Help!!!!
    The firmware will not 'lockdown' the USB port. Reboot the iPhone, plug it back into the charger and see what happens. Does independance or iBrickr see the phone at all?
    Last edited by imode; 2008-03-02 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm trying to help a friend jailbreak his ipod touch, he had 1.1.3 not jailbroken, I tried to use Ziphone but it didn't work and then I restored to 1.1.4 and it had the same problem. If anyone can help me out send me a PM please. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Took the plunge (Windows XP).

Phone: iphone (otb week 39? v1.1.1 that was downgraded to v1.0.2, activated, jailbroken with ibrikr v0.9, ulocked with anysim v1.1)

1. sync iphone with itunes, disconnect iphone
    2. upgraded itunes to v7.5
    3. turn off iphone, hold down home button and connect usb cable
    4. run itunes, hold down shift and click restore button, select v1.1.4 firmware
    5. wait for it...I think around 7~10 mins
    6. after firmware upgrade, itunes will now say the sim is not supported, quit itunes
    7. run ziphone, click run it all
    8. wait around 3~4 mins
    9. itunes will automatically come up asking you to restore your backup (from step 1, like contacts, calenders, etc)
    10. enjoy & big thanks to zibri!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmytim For This Useful Post:

johncunha (2008-03-02), vish265 (2008-03-10)

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast