Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 iPhone Unlock, Jailbreak, and Activation!!!! [OS X | Independence]

Thanks...I thought there was something that would do that but I couldn't remember which source.

I also solved the other issue by wiping the LocalPackages.plist to 'reset' installer back to start.

does it work with the ipod touch 16gb??

2 iphones updated to 1.1.4 using tutorial from iClarified.com AND IT WORKED easy.... (but you need a mac)

Quote Originally Posted by truckdiver View Post
    here is a nice tutorial from independece
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/114/iph...nlock_mac.html
    Thanx bro...im from malaysia using maxis phone line..i use ur tutorial from head to tail and walla!! sucsessful....ive save much more money using this..thanx again

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princeamckay View Post
    2 iphones updated to 1.1.4 using tutorial from iClarified.com AND IT WORKED easy.... (but you need a mac)
    Does your phones require Signal.app??
    Chris 'cWanja' Wanja
    [email protected]
     Apple Genius - Retail
    Do not forget to "thank me" for helping!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cWanja For This Useful Post:

princeamckay (2008-02-28)

Default I Can't Use The Apps With 1.1.4
    allready jailbroken, but when I try to install bsd subsystem or summerboard it shows "ERROR main scrips execution failed!!, any one knows why??

Default Get to the very last bit and then...
    Hi, have tried to restore my iPhone (8GB) now 4 times and go through the entire procedure. When I run the last iClarified "Unlock 1.1.4" I get the error message "Error, Main script execution failed!" and my iPhone does not work / also have no phone signal prior to i run Unlock 1.1.4. Any advice plz. Kenneth
    "Life is a journey, not a destination" Aerosmith

no .. I just updated firmware with itunes and follow the tutorial exactly and both phones work perfectly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch-freak View Post
    does it work with the ipod touch 16gb??
    Awesome thank you!

iNdependence claims to have worked on the iPod Touches. Try at your own risk....wait everyone try at your own risk
    Chris 'cWanja' Wanja
    [email protected]
     Apple Genius - Retail
    Do not forget to "thank me" for helping!

Quote Originally Posted by kmadsen68 View Post
    Hi, have tried to restore my iPhone (8GB) now 4 times and go through the entire procedure. When I run the last iClarified "Unlock 1.1.4" I get the error message "Error, Main script execution failed!" and my iPhone does not work / also have no phone signal prior to i run Unlock 1.1.4. Any advice plz. Kenneth
    I had a problem with one of the phones and had to restore using itunes about 4 times before it worked. the other phone took 10 mins start to finish.
    if the problem persists it might be woth trying to downgrade to 1.0.2 and reload the baseband to the original one, some of the posts state that having the wrong baseband can cause problems ..... hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by shiny-blanket View Post
    I was having the script failure on the unlock 1.1.4. In fact nothing would install/reinstall via the installer.
    I performed an additional jailbreak using the iclarified method
    here
    I reinstalled BSD subsystem and the unlock 1.1.4 worked.

I did noticed a drop in sound, following the advice of a poster earlier in the thread, a reset of network settings remedied this.

cheers.
    for those with the script errors, how about reading the thread!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Funny how that works, eh? I posted something back on page... 6 or so saying that reinstalling BSD worked for me... yet the questions kept coming. Then you posted, and still the "script error" references still keep coming!

Quote Originally Posted by cWanja View Post
    Awesome thank you!

iNdependence claims to have worked on the iPod Touches. Try at your own risk....wait everyone try at your own risk
    thats so funny^^
    i tried my 1.1.3 version ipod touch with zipohone and after that i had to restore it to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it there (6 hours) i do not want to do this again^^
    so has anyone allready made a jailbeak wit hthe ipod tocuh 16gb?

Default 1.1.4 unlock by ziphone, but i cant install bsd
    I need help, already have the installer.app in my iphone, but i use the ziphone, the thing is i can't instal the summerboard

so i had ijailbreaker before and upgraded with no problem, then tired to instal independence and when it rebooted to destroyed my phone. it is now stuck on the apple symbol.

i rebooted it, i even let the battery die over night. and whenever i turn it on all you see is the apple symbol and nothing else.

lame

good thing i know people, that know people, that rob people haha jk

Quote Originally Posted by theoceanwar View Post
    so i had ijailbreaker before and upgraded with no problem, then tired to instal independence and when it rebooted to destroyed my phone. it is now stuck on the apple symbol.

i rebooted it, i even let the battery die over night. and whenever i turn it on all you see is the apple symbol and nothing else.

lame

good thing i know people, that know people, that rob people haha jk
    Turn off your phone with home and sleep buttons. Then press and hold the home button. Then while still pressing the home button, plug it into your cpu, keep holding home, then restore your phone and start over...

Default does independence method download the bootloader?
    does using independence to unlock downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 (as ziphone does?).

About to unlock an OOTB 1.1.3 16GB, but want to keep bootloader 4.6 (just in case)

Looks like the independence site updated with this:

Feb. 28/08 - Some people have been asking about downgrading the bootloader so that they can use the latest versions of the baseband SIM unlocked. I do not feel comfortable downgrading the bootloader from iNdependence because, if things go wrong, you will end up with a permanently bricked phone. I'd rather have people missing out on the Google Maps Locate Me feature than risk having that happen to people.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzer View Post
    does using independence to unlock downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 (as ziphone does?).

About to unlock an OOTB 1.1.3 16GB, but want to keep bootloader 4.6 (just in case)
    Last edited by mozzer; 2008-02-28 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi all,

I just got a iphone off of ebay with 1.1.2 on it i am new to the whole unlock and jailbreak thing. and was hoping someone could help out a bit.

Should i do a clean restore up to 1.1.4 or should i go down to something lower.

also could someone explain to me what braodbase and baseband are?

should i use independence or ziphone and when i unlock, should i remove the SIM card unlock and then install my SIM card

Thanks allot

EVERYONE

The iClarified method is for bootloader 3.9 ONLY

Worked for me

I just had to reset my network settings to get my sound back, but other than that it was extremely easy.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast