Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post

I wasn't asked for anything about a bootloader, you sure youre using the right program, you should only need that if you're unlocking your phone to use other service providers.
    Well, I had a 2G 1.1.4 iphone and now i upgraded it to 2.1.0.

But i am only able to jailbroke it..not unlock..when i select the unlock box and press the next..it asks forr bootloader file...can u help me?

and ye i am using this phone with other service.
    Last edited by moharan; 2008-09-20 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    If you remember which applications folder was the older one you can keep all of your old Cydia apps by moving the old folder apps into the new folder. Check the last page for a link that goes into more detail on how to do so.
    Sure, but I read the thread about not losing the apps and reorganizing the applications.xxxx folders. I would say 80% of the posters could not figure this out. I like the option, and I can do this - though I chose not to because I prefer to have my apps from Cydia installed from a fresh restore - but for 80% of our forum posters I stand by the advice that it is best they clean restore and then quickPwn. Afterwards, sync for appStore apps and just rebuild Cydia apps. I have done this many times from 1.1.4 to 2.0 to 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 to 2.1 and the iPhone is much more stable when you rebuild Cydia apps from scratch.
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 2008-09-20 at 09:04 AM.

Is there any benefit in waiting for WinPwn or is it the same if I just upgrade with QuickPwn...I have a jailbroke 3g 2.0.2...sorry for the noob question but hacking aint my strong point

Quote Originally Posted by LMT View Post
    Is there any benefit in waiting for WinPwn or is it the same if I just upgrade with QuickPwn...I have a jailbroke 3g 2.0.2...sorry for the noob question but hacking aint my strong point
    You just do not have the boot-logo option. I recommend you upgrade (or restore) to 2.1 before you quickPwn. I really recommend you restore to 2.1 first, run quickPwn, then rebuild Cydia apps and sync to get your appStore apps back (either order is OK). You will have to re-enter your email passwords so be sure you know what they are if you set up as new iPhone - I always set up as NEW iPhone just to be sure all is clear and no prior bugs are introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by moharan View Post
    Well, I had a 2G 1.1.4 iphone and now i upgraded it to 2.1.0.

But i am only able to jailbroke it..not unlock..when i select the unlock box and press the next..it asks forr bootloader file...can u help me?

and ye i am using this phone with other service.
    Search for the boot loaders - you will need them if you have not already downloaded them - that is why elroy did not have the prompt. There are a few sources on ModMyi - just do a search.

GUIDE - All firmwares / basebands / bootloaders - Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 2008-09-20 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bootloaders available from this thread: bootloaders!!!

Default Bootloaders
    Do you need the bootloaders to have the phone work?

with the 2.0.2 version of quickpwn i didnt need a bootloader, i just have to unlock the phone, download boot neuter and wall-la it was good to go.

with this new version i am trying to get 2.1 and it works, get it unlocked and all i go to do a restore to get my contacts, etc back, and it does the whole apple logo and the turning wheel thing and vibrates every couple of seconds.

idk wtf? maybe its my restore?

im restoring it back to manufacture settings again. maybe this time ill just try to copy the contacts from the sim and sync the songs and call it good.

gonna have to get a few new numbers though. dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by drloco149 View Post
    videorecorder3g and snapture dont work, or is it just me?, everything else works perfect, what i did was restore, then i quickpwned mine
    Check Cydia, there's an upgrade for Snapture which works with 2.1. (Haven't tried it yet, but that's what the changelog says at least.)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

So Quickpwn will not work on a loaded iPhone 2G with apps from App Store! Damn!!
    I guess I can wait until Quickpwn works on a loaded iPhone and Installer is out of beta.
    Bad enough having to restore from back up, which takes over 5 hours. How much quicker is it on 2.1?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Dudes u all confusing me!! Ok, all I want to know is if I can unlcok my 3G iphone with this amazing software. I have already updated it to 2.1. How to install QuickPwn on to the iphone? Do I have to do a backup? If so how do I do that? Can this software run on Vista or Win XP?

Thank you
    Last edited by Bernard iPHONE; 2008-09-20 at 02:52 PM.

Just A Quick Reply Please ...
    Does The Quickpwn Activate The 3G iPhone..?
    As, I Dont Want To Install iTune 8.0 ...!!

worked perfect for me heres what i did

started with a unlocked 16gb 1st gen iphone on 2.0
    upgraded to 2.1 with itunes 8
    used the winpwn from this thread
    added cydia, istaller and the pinnaple logo.

everything worked perfetct, thanks
    First gen iphone 16gb
    unlocked on 2.0
    I heart my iphone

Thanks

No...you cannot unlock your 3g...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clemons003 For This Useful Post:

Revenger92 (2008-09-20)

Its finnaly here thx devs,MMi

Dudes u all confusing me!! Ok, all I want to know is if I can unlcok my 3G iphone with this amazing software. I have already updated it to 2.1. How to install QuickPwn on to the iphone? Do I have to do a backup? If so how do I do that? Can this software run on Vista or Win XP?

Thank you
    Last edited by Bernard iPHONE; 2008-09-20 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You can download any firmware files for the iphone in our downloads section of this site.

Also, I went ahead and linked that section to the main page.
    Um, you might wanna recheck that downloads section chief, since it doesn't contain any 2.1 FW files. lol

Oh, and to Rossy in ref. to hating Windows: That made the Alien head on my Alienware laugh out loud. lol

Will a 3g unlock come eventually? it must but when is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by rosswaycaster View Post
    i hatez windows...
    I am pretty sure Windows does not like you either....
    If you use a MAC stay with it and stop bashing windows..

They are still the biggest selling software in history. It will take MAC OS over 40 years to catch up. I am sure a MAC is good too...but it has its own problems.

Anyways... I had to reinstall....those free custom firmware are full of bugs...hopefully my phone stop crazing as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenger92 View Post
    Will a 3g unlock come eventually? it must but when is the question.
    Either someone is getting paid for it not to come out or we need to beg the Dev and Zibiri to work together. They are all stuck.
    Last edited by ThinkTank; 2008-09-20 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

where can i get the 2.1 firmware? its not in the downloads section

Had the iphone 16g already at update 2.1, downloaded quickpawn 2.1, in Vista, followed the on screen directions, worked great. It found the 2.1 update and in a few minutes, the phone was jailbroke. Great work! I don`t know how it could possible be made easier. Big thanks to the dev team, they rock! Also a thanks should go out to the people responsible for modmyi.com

perfect,fast.....

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast