Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!

Sorry for the Noobie question but,...
    If I update to 2.1 using quickpwn(already have a jailbroken 2.0.2 3G) will it change my baseband and possibly in the future not be able to be unlocked?

Well, I guess i'm screwed... after almost 6 hrs of dickin around with this damn thing... my worst possible scenario is realized.

I upgraded my 3G from Quickpwn'd 2.0.2 to 2.1 with iTunes 8.
    Phone would not reboot, stuck on boot screen "buzz...buzz".
    Ran 2.1 QuickPwn anyway, the only thing that changed was the boot logo.

Did full restore/upgrade, phone booted up fine, did the restore from backup (which I did yesterday, still on iTunes 7.7) phone goes back to locked on boot screen "buzz... buzz".

Did a full restore/upgrade AGAIN, aborted from the restore from backup screen and sync'd all my crap back in, and then ran QuickPwn and everything was working fine with Cydia & Installer present. Went back to restore my backup and DAMMIT, back to stuck on the boot screen "buzz... buzz".

Apparently this POS iTunes 8 wont allow me to restore all my settings contacts, calendar, etc. Which leaves me SO PHUCKED!! It took me forever to collect all that data and input it... much of it I will never be able to obtain again.

PLEASE, does anyone know how I can recover that stuff?? my backup is still there!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdinh26 View Post
    how do i get 2.1 firmware from itunes? do i click the update button? wont that lock my phone if it downloads and installs?
    You can update but there will be an option to "DOWNLOAD ONLY." You dont need to d/l & install unless you want to right away. Then you can use quickpwn 2.1 to jailbreak it. Im assuming you have a 3G?

Quote Originally Posted by iphone1027 View Post
    You can update but there will be an option to "DOWNLOAD ONLY." You dont need to d/l & install unless you want to right away. Then you can use quickpwn 2.1 to jailbreak it. Im assuming you have a 3G?
    no i have a 2G running on 2.0.2 that i just updated from 1.1.4 2 days ago and im using t-mobile.
    and there wasn't a download only option when i tried

got it upgraded to FW 2.1
    Pwned

and lost all my cydia/installer apps + themes and all

/sad

well at least it didnt became a brick

no i have a 2G running on 2.0.2 that i just updated from 1.1.4 2 days ago and im using t-mobile.
    and there wasn't a download only option when i tried
    You will get the "download only" option after you click it. But if you want to run 2.1 jailbroken/unlocked your gonna have to upgrade anyways so what does it matter? Otherwise there is no point in downloading it.

hey, i am using vista, and i cant seem to find the official apple 2.1 firmware ipsw that i downloaded off itunes... search isnt pulling anything up, anyone know where it downloads to?

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You will get the "download only" option after you click it. But if you want to run 2.1 jailbroken/unlocked your gonna have to upgrade anyways so what does it matter? Otherwise there is no point in downloading it.
    i thought quickpwn had to rewrite the ipsw before i can install the update?
    can you give me steps on how to do this without losing my info and apps as well?
    thanks so much in advance

do i need itunes8 installed or can i use my 7.7 ?
    Last edited by mdinh26; 2008-09-20 at 05:40 AM.

i thought quickpwn had to rewrite the ipsw before i can install the update?
    can you give me steps on how to do this without losing my info and apps as well?
    thanks so much in advance
    Yes it does, but you said your running 2.0.2 right now....so if you want to go to 2.1 you will HAVE to upgrade first. And you know what happens when you upgrade in Itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Well, I guess i'm screwed... after almost 6 hrs of dickin around with this damn thing... my worst possible scenario is realized.

I upgraded my 3G from Quickpwn'd 2.0.2 to 2.1 with iTunes 8.
    Phone would not reboot, stuck on boot screen "buzz...buzz".
    Ran 2.1 QuickPwn anyway, the only thing that changed was the boot logo.

Did full restore/upgrade, phone booted up fine, did the restore from backup (which I did yesterday, still on iTunes 7.7) phone goes back to locked on boot screen "buzz... buzz".

Did a full restore/upgrade AGAIN, aborted from the restore from backup screen and sync'd all my crap back in, and then ran QuickPwn and everything was working fine with Cydia & Installer present. Went back to restore my backup and DAMMIT, back to stuck on the boot screen "buzz... buzz".

Apparently this POS iTunes 8 wont allow me to restore all my settings contacts, calendar, etc. Which leaves me SO PHUCKED!! It took me forever to collect all that data and input it... much of it I will never be able to obtain again.

PLEASE, does anyone know how I can recover that stuff?? my backup is still there!!
    I had that same problem one time. And the whole time I had itunes up, it wasn't till i actually closed itunes and restarted itunes that it synced fine. try closing itunes if you haven't already maybe even restart ur computer, then sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
    hey, i am using vista, and i cant seem to find the official apple 2.1 firmware ipsw that i downloaded off itunes... search isnt pulling anything up, anyone know where it downloads to?
    Its been posted a few times in this thread:

CDocuments and Settings\your_profile_name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

blackvelvet79 (2008-09-20)

Its been posted a few times in this thread:

Cocuments and Settingsyour_profile_nameApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates
    i think thats for windows xp only, because i dont have a documents and settings o-o i tried my profile name, bu theres no application data in vista

Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
    i think thats for windows xp only, because i dont have a documents and settings o-o i tried my profile name, bu theres no application data in vista
    tsk tsk, those little turds must have changed it in Vista.

Anybody who runs Vista?

PS- quickpwn should auto find it for you.

do i need to update on inutes 8 or can i do the update on itunes 7.7 ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

^^Well, its probably a 50/50 chance of something crashing.

In my opinion, I always like to do a clean restore in Itunes before pwning, not syncing and leaving all apps, etc off the phone until AFTER I pwn.

Some people dont have problems, some do.
    Thanks, i'll be upgrading several friends of mine to 2.1 And since I'm my friends tech support, I'm going to do each one the slow fresh vinilla install way to make sure it's problem free. That was my findings with 2.0.2 so I'm not the least be surprised you reported the same buggy behavior

do i need to update on inutes 8 or can i do the update on itunes 7.7 ?
    Has to be Itunes 8, earlier version wont recognize firmware 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Thanks, i'll be upgrading several friends of mine to 2.1 And since I'm my friends tech support, I'm going to do each one the slow fresh vinilla install way to make sure it's problem free. That was my findings with 2.0.2 so I'm not the least be surprised you reported the same buggy behavior
    Yeah me either, I did mine fully loaded just to check....sure enough, crapped all over me.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2008-09-20 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Two things that are completely superficial but still strange is that I saw in a couple reviews that it split apps into a separate category in the capacity bar but after updating it didn't and ireboot from Cydia has a really annoying springboard icon and only shows a fourth of it and the rest is cut off. Just what I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbygllh View Post
    Two things that are completely superficial but still strange is that I saw in a couple reviews that it split apps into a separate category in the capacity bar but after updating it didn't and ireboot from Cydia has a really annoying springboard icon and only shows a fourth of it and the rest is cut off. Just what I noticed.
    Thats odd. After attempting to screw mine up on purpose for testing....and oh boy I did. Its working flawlessly now.

Customize will not work for me...everytime I try using it I get this message:

"Customize could not find the requred files to run offline. Go online and run Customize to update the files."

What the hell does that mean?

just a question guys b4 i start to quickpwn mine. i m not sure if it has been asked previously but is Upgrading better or Restoring better?? Which is least likely to create problems.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast