Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cong405 View Post
    Hey Kuhndsn, how do you put the iphone in restore mode? I've been searching around and been trying what people have posted and still nothing. If you or anyone can post a 'how to', I would really appreciate this.

Have you Unlocked + jailbroke it with 1.1.4 FW?
    There is no such thing as "restore mode", you can use DFU mode:

1. Itunes running, iphone plugged in, iphone off.

2. Hold POWER button for 5 seconds.

3. WITHOUT letting go of POWER button, now hold HOME button for 10 seconds (now holding both buttons.

4. Let go of POWER button, CONTINUE to hold HOME button until Itunes detects phone (about 10-20 secs)

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    It's weird but it just started working so thanks.
    But I do have one more question.
    I have a problem with the installer...It keeps freezing and I have to keep restarting my phone
    And a lot of the times the message:

Error
    can't find host

keeps showing up
    Any ideas on this one>

[I[/I]
    Yeah, installer just seems buggy, has been since 2.0....I dont really use it, get what I need off Cydia.

If other people have had better success please post. I have seen re-installing it to help sometimes, but that means redoing the entire phone.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2008-09-23 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post

Yeah, installer just seems buggy, has been since 2.0....I dont really use it, get what I need off Cydia.

If other people have had better success please post. I have seen re-installing it to help sometimes, but that means redoing the entire phone.
    Yea there's was something specifc I could only do with the installer. Was there an "installer" source I can add on cydia?
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post

1. Itunes running, iphone plugged in, iphone off.

2. Hold POWER button for 5 seconds.

3. WITHOUT letting go of POWER button, now hold HOME button for 10 seconds (now holding both buttons.

4. Let go of POWER button, CONTINUE to hold HOME button until Itunes detects phone (about 10-20 secs)

Thanks again cpjr. I'm currently restoring my iPhone and then off to Pwnage. I hope this goes well, cause if it don't no phone for me till I get it fixed.

I found a site that shows you how to do unlock + jailbreak your iphone step by step. There are also other videos on there relating to this topic.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.1 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

I hope it helps a few people.

***EDITED****
    I just unlocked and jailbreak my iphone with the steps above. Everything is running smooth so far. The only problem I am having is with the installer. It keeps saying "bad host" or "bad url". Anyone have this issue besides me?
    Last edited by cong405; 2008-09-23 at 07:58 AM.

Default broken link
    hey mods,
    the "2.1 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X " link is messed

theres an extra "h" in "http://" lol

just to let someone know

Hi;

For some reason, I can't get quickpwn to work correctly. I upgraded (yes, upgraded) from 2.0.2, to stock 2.1, then quickpwned it from there. Everything seemed to work correctly until I tried powering it up. It seems to be on a permanent boot. I've tried several times to pwn it again, but same results, where it all executes correctly, but never boots to the full OS. Any tips? A restore to stock works fine, but I miss my jailbroken apps.

Hi ,

I am new to the world of iPhone modding. I have 1st gen 8Gb iPhone which was unlocked using ZiPhone. Then I upgraded it to fw 2.0 and got it unlocked and jailbreaked using pwnage. Now I want to upgrade it to fw 2.1. Can anyone please give a step by step procedure to do this. Request to put all the steps as I am a noob to all this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dijginew View Post
    Hi ,

I am new to the world of iPhone modding. I have 1st gen 8Gb iPhone which was unlocked using ZiPhone. Then I upgraded it to fw 2.0 and got it unlocked and jailbreaked using pwnage. Now I want to upgrade it to fw 2.1. Can anyone please give a step by step procedure to do this. Request to put all the steps as I am a noob to all this stuff
    here is the guide.Good Luck.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-anything.html

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gafu For This Useful Post:

Phew72 (2008-09-26)

Thank you too all of you that contribute to this thread.... and forum for that matter... i would have never gotten an iphone without these forums to fix all the "apple" flaws....

Is anyone having problems with customize on 2.1? It wont let me change themes and stuff. I get an error saying to go online and update customize?

Just to pass on my story. I had an un-jailbroke 3g phone running 2.1, and after quickpwn, it was stuck at apple logo of death. So I restored fresh than quickly pwn'd before installing all my apps and stuff. So far so good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    Is anyone having problems with customize on 2.1? It wont let me change themes and stuff. I get an error saying to go online and update customize?
    Yeah, the same is happening to me. All of the features (sliders, icons, etc.) that I had on my phone from Customize no longer work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling them, but then I get that same error message as you. I'm assuming it's not compatible with 2.1 FW? Good to know it just isn't my phone.

^^Everyone is having issues with "customize", so well will say its not compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotrod View Post
    Just to pass on my story. I had an un-jailbroke 3g phone running 2.1, and after quickpwn, it was stuck at apple logo of death. So I restored fresh than quickly pwn'd before installing all my apps and stuff. So far so good.
    I can vouch for this. I had trouble getting past the boot screen of death, until I tried this. Of course, I start from scratch, as far as apps are concerned, but hell, it works. Thanks!

Hi guys here is my problem...
    when trying to upgrade to 2.1 thru itunes i entered recovery mode (steve jobs screen) and now i cant get out of it. iTunes is giving me an error 1601 holding buttons 15 sec and then powr for 2 sec also doesn't work. Any ideas????....I'm on windows xp...iphone 3g 2.0.2 pwned on mac
    Last edited by rumcajs; 2008-09-24 at 11:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

might not work for you but I got out of mine by just holding the home button for about 5-10 seconds.

worked fine for me... took me three tries though... probably one if had read past the first page of this thread...

restored in iTunes
    jailbroke (before even setting up phone in iTunes)
    and it works now
    "Search" is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by modbox14 View Post
    hey mods,
    the "2.1 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X " link is messed

theres an extra "h" in "http://" lol

just to let someone know
    Not sure what link your speaking of....can you send me a link to the link

Default Upgrading 2G iPhone from 1.1.4 to 2.1, jailbroken & unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Had the same issue with a 8gig going from 1.1 to 2.1

--Put your iPhone in restore mode
    --Connect to iTunes 8.0 and restore to 2.1
    --Once this completes (15-20min) you should see the emergency screen
    --Completely close iTunes
    --Launch Quickpwn 2.1
    --Follow the steps.

--Once quickpwn completes you will be on 2.1 unlocked and JB... Let me know if you have any other issues.

***Tip take out your SIM card---Not sure why but I did this and it worked. I have been JBing iPhone all day for friends (only 23 more to go..lol Have not had any issues I couldnt fix. If you follow the basic steps you should be fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    Thank you Dev team, kuhndsn & gafu.
    My 2G iPhone has now been upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.1, jailbroken and unlocked. Your advice and the guide was priceless with a slight hiccup to being with.

He's my experience:

1. Downloaded the following:
    - QuickPwn 2.1: [Link from this thread]
    - Firmware v2.1 for 2G iPhone: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....6_Restore.ipsw
    - Bootloader v3.9: http://iphonefreakz.com/firmware/BL-39.bin
    - Bootloader v4.6: http://iphonefreakz.com/firmware/BL-46.bin
    - MobileInstallation: [SendSpace link in GUIDE link quoted above]
    - WinSCP: SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

2. Ran iTunes and backed up iPhone
    3. Clicked UPGRADE in iTunes
    - This resulted in my iPhone in emergency mode
    4. Closed iTunes
    5. Removed SIM card as recommended by kuhndsn
    6. Ran QuickPwn and followed instructions (checked option to unlock)
    7. Once QuickPwn and iPhone have finished completely - put SIM card back in iPhone.
    8. Re-connected to my WiFi
    9. Installed openSSH using Cydia
    10. Used WinSCP to connect to iPhone over WiFi and transfer the modified MobileInstallation file onto iPhone
    - Detailed guide here: SSH on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki
    11. Ran iTunes again
    12. Used backup from earlier to restore contacts, texts, etc.
    13. Done!

Took a bit longer than anticipated because I screwed up initially and had to restore my iPhone back to v1.1.4 but that was my fault.
    Thanks again everyone. I hope my experience above helps others.

Cheers, Phew72.

Default WIFI problems
    I managed to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.1 then quickpwn'd it and worked well (after 4 tries).
    Seems the wifi is very erratic. If i'm in the same room as my router, sometimes I get full signal, sometimes no signal.
    sometimes I can connect to a site sometimes no.

Is 2.1 problematic with wifi or do I need to go back to 1.1.4 since I need the wifi a lot?

do i need to change my bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6.

not sure what to do?

have a 2g (1'st generation) original bootloader
    week 40

thank-you to anyone that can help

BC

*******************UPDATE************************

If anyone cares......

read on a mac site to reset all network settings. no need to downgrade to 1.1.4, iliberty unchecking 7 boxes, re-pawn, etc, etc,.....

Reset my network settings and voila, wifi up and staying up for the last few hours..

Just had to re-type in router security keys...

thanks anyway...

BC
    Last edited by bcondemi; 2008-09-27 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so if i'm on jailbroken 2.0.2, do i need to use quickpwn 2.1 or can i just update in itunes.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast