Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunsteve View Post
    So.... is there a guide on how to upgrade from 1.1.4?

When I got my phone in March I followed these forums daily and unlocked/etc with iliberty, I kinda went into a cave for the summer... Now I've updated to itunes 8 and am scared to sync again, plus want 2.x programs
    No, this will upgrade you from 2.0.X to 2.1 without losing anything, you will most likely lose most of your programs while upgrading from any 1.X.X phone to a 2.X.X phone unless the developer updated that app for 2.0. But if you're prepared to do that then just do it the same way as explained in this forum, itunes will automatically update you to 2.1 no matter your firmware, you'll just lose your hacked apps.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Please help

I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    Currently on FW 2.0.2 using winpwn 2.5.
    I DL firmware for 2.1(2G) and QuickPwn 2.1.
    Updated Itunes to 8 and did a shift restore picking the correct firmware (2.1). Phone restored but got the slide for emergency screen. Opened Quickpwn.exe and all I got was waiting for the device to be connected page. It would not recognize and let me move further. Tried restarting the computer but still the same result. Finally gave up and put the phone in DFU mode and went back to 2.0.2.

What have I done wrong in the process?

Hi,
    all links are leading to ' page cannot be displayed error'
    is anyone else facing this issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunsteve View Post
    So.... is there a guide on how to upgrade from 1.1.4?

When I got my phone in March I followed these forums daily and unlocked/etc with iliberty, I kinda went into a cave for the summer... Now I've updated to itunes 8 and am scared to sync again, plus want 2.x programs
    Hi,

You can either download the firmware folks have uploaded and just hold the 'shift' key while u restore ( remember to take a back-up of your iphone before doing a restore)
    or you can go the quick\pwnfor 2.1 way,
    My take Easier one is the 1st method find a firmware onthis Forum->download it-> put iHne in DFU mode-> let Itune's discover the iPhone-> shift+restore btton on iTunes-> browse for the file-> and sit back. ~ 20mins and it's done, I have had 2.1 this way for over 2 weeks now n all's well.
    Last edited by merovee; 2008-09-22 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

everything has been going well since I used this....except for the fact I have been having trouble getting sms messages. Anyone know why?
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Ok, so you have the flashy new firmware 2.1 running on your Iphone and a Windows PC right? You wanna jailbreak that bad boy right?

WELL NOW YOU CAN!

Introducing Windows Quickpwn 2.1, Here's the dirt:

The dev team has released the 2.1 compatible GUI version of Windows QuickPwn.

Post how it works for you here....

Download Links:
    (sha1) QuickPwn21-1.zip = f8124d0e8f31f64ef3272de8fbc679e1dd1f93a7

Official Torrent: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/440...07.TPB.torrent
    MMi Mirror: http://modmyi.com/files/QuickPwn21-1.zip
    MMi Member Mirror: Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - QuickPwn 2.1 Windows GUI
    Mirror: http://apt.eggy.cc/stuff/files/windows/QuickPwn21-1.zip
    Mirror: http://84.94.229.115/QuickPwn21-1.zip

Quick link to our downloads section for firmware files: Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - Firmware
    When is the Iphone 3G UNLOCK Comming

Thanks

I was elated to find out this came out, so for some reason I opted to update my phone first before jailbreaking it. Dunno why.

The update was pretty quick...but after it was done, the phone wouldn't boot properly. It remained on the silver apple screen and kept vibrating. Eventually I said **** it and restored it to a previous version I had before my first jailbreak. That worked and retained the 2.1 upgrade (unless that's what's supposed to happen).

After I did that, I pwned it and it worked the first time. Thank goodness!

And much thanks to the folks who made this all possible! lol

Quote Originally Posted by merovee View Post
    Hi,

Hi,

You can either download the firmware folks have uploaded and just hold the 'shift' key while u restore ( remember to take a back-up of your iphone before doing a restore)
    or you can go the quickpwnfor 2.1 way,
    My take Easier one is the 1st method find a firmware onthis Forum->download it-> put iHne in DFU mode-> let Itune's discover the iPhone-> shift+restore btton on iTunes-> browse for the file-> and sit back. ~ 20mins and it's done, I have had 2.1 this way for over 2 weeks now n all's well.
    I am on 1.1.1 jailbroken/unlocked iphone - itunes 8, I tried the restore trick (Shift/Restore) and it's not working, itunes does not give me the option to locate the dowloaded restore file.....please help...much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by merovee View Post
    Hi,

Hi,

or you can go the quickpwnfor 2.1 way,
    I am on 1.1.1 jailbroken/unlocked iphone - itunes 8, I tried the restore trick (Shift/Restore) and it's not working, itunes does not give me the option to locate the dowloaded restore file.....please help...much appreciated.
    Last edited by ETAWIL; 2008-09-22 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

after reading all of these posts,the answer to MOST questions are simply at the guide. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-anything.html 1.PLEASE backup 2.0.2(for those that dont know how to,right click on your phones name(on itunes when connected)and select backup).PLEASE remember it clearly states UPDATE,not restore.Most of you seem to be shift-restoring instead of shift-update.As far as the 2 applications folder,and getting confused on which to delete,simply place one of your desktop in case you DO delete the wrong one but,simply take the folder that has ALL of the applications,and copy the applications to the OTHER APLICATIONS folder(you know,the one that has you FACTORY APPS),then delete folder you copied FROM.My only bad experience(which were easy to overcome)were loading the ipsw file(closed,restarted quickpwn,and it laoded fine),and human error for NOT putting on DFU mode correctly(please,when it says wait x amount of seconds,it means it),and finally,I still am not being able to load all my winterboard downloads,but I can figure that out.

Bootloaders?Google is your friend,please search instead of asking.Firmware?same answer applies....its all over the web.Framework? 2.0 or higher is fine(worked for me).
    Ladies and gentlemen,PLEASE read the guide.,it worked for me,and best of all,its friendly!!! Good Luck

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ETAWIL View Post

all you have to do is upgrade to 2.1 in iTunes 8.0 Then run quickpwn. Should only take around 15-30 min. I just did 6 iPhones and the average time was about 20min...

D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default wifi gone
    Thanks for the qpwn 2.1
    Now wifi is gone...
    Standing by for fix...
    Cheers

horrry sucssessfully jailbroke my 2.1 iphone 3g. thanx for everone.

how to do it guide it please

MR. CPJR please help me. I been through all kinds of steps to unlock my iPhone 8gb and it will not unlock. I put a t-mo simcard and I get the emergency screen telling me to connect to itunes and that's it. I can make phone calls if I manually punch in the numbers but have no way to bypass that emergency screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalhector View Post
    MR. CPJR please help me. I been through all kinds of steps to unlock my iPhone 8gb and it will not unlock. I put a t-mo simcard and I get the emergency screen telling me to connect to itunes and that's it. I can make phone calls if I manually punch in the numbers but have no way to bypass that emergency screen.
    Had the same issue with a 8gig going from 1.1 to 2.1

--Put your iPhone in restore mode
    --Connect to iTunes 8.0 and restore to 2.1
    --Once this completes (15-20min) you should see the emergency screen
    --Completely close iTunes
    --Launch Quickpwn 2.1
    --Follow the steps.

--Once quickpwn completes you will be on 2.1 unlocked and JB... Let me know if you have any other issues.

***Tip take out your SIM card---Not sure why but I did this and it worked. I have been JBing iPhone all day for friends (only 23 more to go..lol Have not had any issues I couldnt fix. If you follow the basic steps you should be fine...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

hannibalhector (2008-09-23), Phew72 (2008-09-26)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

everytime i used quickpwn I would get "repair needed" I have no idea why but i restored with a custom .ipsw and everything works fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uttam1958 View Post
    how to do it guide it please
    Get all the files needed they are posted at the beginning of this forun.

---Download and install iTunes 8.0
    ---Reboot your computer
    ---Open iTunes Connect your iPhone and upgrade to 2.1
    ----Or Put your phone in restore mode (Power and home screen button) Hold the shift button and find the 2.1 file you downloaded (here it is for the 2G iphone http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....6_Restore.ipsw and this one for the 3G iPhone http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....6_Restore.ipsw)

---Once the upgrade process is done close iTunes completly
    ---Open quickpwn and follow the instructions. Should only take about 5min

Let me know if you need anymore help... Its pretty easy

D

Default Jailbreak won't work
    I am trying to jailbreak my 3g iphone using quickpwn but I can't get it to work. I have already updated iTunes to version 8 and my phone is running firmware 2.1

I was having the same issue as some other people where the quickpwn.exe file wouldn't open. Finally fixed that problem by installing .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5

Now I get all the way to the steps screen and when it gets to the point where you need to keep holding the HOME button for 30 seconds Quickpwn crashes and I get one of those Windows error screens saying that the program has encountered an error and has to be shut down.

Anybody have this problem and know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plegra97 View Post
    I am trying to jailbreak my 3g iphone using quickpwn but I can't get it to work. I have already updated iTunes to version 8 and my phone is running firmware 2.1

I was having the same issue as some other people where the quickpwn.exe file wouldn't open. Finally fixed that problem by installing .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5

Now I get all the way to the steps screen and when it gets to the point where you need to keep holding the HOME button for 30 seconds Quickpwn crashes and I get one of those Windows error screens saying that the program has encountered an error and has to be shut down.

Anybody have this problem and know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Uninstall quickpwn and reboot your computer. There was likely and error when you installed .NET framework. this file can be buggy. If this doesnt help you will need to restore your computer to the point before you installed .NET and quickpwn. Then install .NET and reboot. After that re-install quickpwn and reboot again. Once this is done try and run quickpwn again. You should be gravy... Hope it works. If not hit me back and Ill try and find another workable solution for ya...

****added---make sure you only have one version of .NET framework installed

D
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 2008-09-22 at 08:46 PM.

Everything works fine except 3G.
    i cant browse through 3g anymore.
    anyone got an idea?

Hi there, I have iTunes 9 installed, do i really need to downgrade to 8 firts?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast