Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 1.1.4 Released for Iphone / iPod Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Look for customize version 1.21 (custom),2 i believe its on skylar source. Works with 1.1.3
    Customize 1.22 is out (beta )
    http://code.google.com/p/customize/

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has unlocked 1.1.4 for use on an non activativated iphone at&t account... I have a regular plan on at&t (they don't know i'm using an iphone) but i want to upgrade my 1.1.3 asap to get better signal. If anyone could let me know if this works that would be great! Also does anyone know if the "BossPrefs" app works to turn off Edge on 1.1.4? Thanks alot for your help!

I was looking to purchase a 16g iphone this weekend. Just wondering if the local Apple stores (in Michigan) would still be selling iphones with 1.1.3 or would they all be 1.1.4. Any thoughts? Is there a way to tell before purchase? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Macrumors
    Macrumors posted this about the update:

Notes:
    - No Flash support
    - iToner 1.0.6 still works
    - ZiPhone may work, but the developer warns not to upgrade as it hasn't been tested.
    - Text message ordering fixed, according to one report
    - Camera works better for some
    - Safari Tabs now preserve content (don't go to "white" screens)
    - Fixes Bluetooth connectivity

But not working on 1.1.3 yet:

25 Feb 2008
    Customize 1.22 is still not working correctly with FW1.1.3. I will continue to work on the issue.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

how do i get customize to work onmy jailbreak 1.1.3???

please help if you know

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blaskowski View Post
    I found something with this update... (not with my phone but my little brothers) while uploading music and such... ect. you can mess with the phone
    this has happend to me b4 while syncing if i get a sms and slide to unlock it still syncs and i can browse the phone im on 1.1.3 bl downgraded from 4.6 to 3.9 and unlocked

I upgraded my iphone today to 1.1.4 and jailbroke it using Ziphone 2.4. Everything seems to be working fine. I am an AT&T customer.

Might not be for everyone, but I was successful.

nomaD

Hmm, I'm getting the mail.app crash too.

Strange...
    Thanks,
    Matt

ok... how come the firmware update doesn't pop up in itunes with i connect it to itunes? do we have to manually update it with the link in the first post? or should it just pop up telling us theirs an update to 1.1.4? One more question, i have a non activated iphone not in 1.1.4 if i were to put it in restore mode to use ziphone itunes will obviously tell me to restore it on the latest firmware which is 1.1.4, since the pop up update doesn't pop up for me will it restore it to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4? i just need to know because i need to unlock it. thanx in advance

iDemocracy 3 just jailbroke my freshly restored 1.1.4. The Mac OS X version, that is.

No clue on whether or not the unlock/activation still works... I'll have to rely on the beta testers for that...

Oh, and no problems with Mail or YouTube or anything. Installer is acting a little weird about installing BSD Subsystem for me, but I think I can fix it...
    Last edited by Drakenza; 2008-02-27 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Added a little more info.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

Quote Originally Posted by robgomz View Post
    I AM tired of all these upgrades.

sure they ARE very nice, but...

every time i try to upgrade my jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone it works!, but the next day it goes into RECOVERY MODE, its happen 3 times, and i hate going back to 1.1.1 and redoing everything, can anyone please help!!!! thanks
    BTW i have used the Dev teams 1.1.3 jailbreak method.

enjoy Your iPhones

hey bro i had the same problem using the dev teams method
    it went into recovery mode everytime i would install a 3rd party add

http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...dows_easy.html

that method worked for me
    or u can try using the ziphone
    i havent yet though

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spotlightmoney For This Useful Post:

robgomz (2008-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by dveer View Post
    Macrumors posted this about the update:
    - Safari Tabs now preserve content (don't go to "white" screens)
    I need to go check this for myself but if this is true the this update is HUGE for me and I'm going to be very, very, very happy.

ok... how come the firmware update doesn't pop up in itunes with i connect it to itunes? do we have to manually update it with the link in the first post? or should it just pop up telling us theirs an update to 1.1.4? One more question, i have a non activated iphone not in 1.1.4 if i were to put it in restore mode to use ziphone itunes will obviously tell me to restore it on the latest firmware which is 1.1.4, since the pop up update doesn't pop up for me will it restore it to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4? i just need to know because i need to unlock it. thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by im-foney View Post
    u can download 1.1.4 by going to the downloads section and clicking firmware and 1.1.4 will be there or by going to the first page in this thread

to simply update
    download 1.1.4
    hold shift and press on update in itunes
    then find 1.1.4 and press ok
    this will update

they said you cant unlock 1.1.4 yet with ziphone
    but an update will be coming soon
    u can only jailbreak it
    i suggest u stick to 1.1.3 unlocked and jailbreaked until they come out
    with a ziphone that can unlock firmware 1.1.4
    Last edited by spotlightmoney; 2008-02-27 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I need to go check this for myself but if this is true the this update is HUGE for me and I'm going to be very, very, very happy.
    All right, back from some testing. It seems that they have indeed worked on it but you still get the white screens if you have a ton of tabs open. 2-3 pages seem to stay in memory no matter how much you browse/switch tabs.

Thank you. But i was trying to ask if i press restore in itunes with an unactivated iphone will it automatically update it to 1.1.4? or 1.1.3? and i just wanted to confirm if the 1.1.4 update pop up for anyone when they connect to itunes.

Default im on 114 and jailbreak
    I have an otb 112 updated to 113 normally, jailbroken using ziphone, then i updated to 114 normally, and re jailbroke using ziphone and now im on 114 and jailbroken. no issues so far. ps. im an att customer.

update, installer icon was there, and ability to change the battery icon to percent still there, but installer gave me main script error for every install/uninstall
    Last edited by avnyc11; 2008-02-27 at 04:07 AM. Reason: update

Default im on 114 and jailbreak
    I have an otb 112 updated to 113 normally, jailbroken using ziphone, then i updated to 114 normally, and re jailbroke using ziphone and now im on 114 and jailbroken. no issues so far. ps. im an att customer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

does stealth sim work with the update?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast