Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 1.1.4 Released for Iphone / iPod Touch

Default 188.6 Mb?.....
    Thanks for the iphonebrowser solutions. I haven't tried either yet but i will shortly. the problem i'm having right now is that after doing like 6 refreshes and reseting everythign in the phone i still have 188.6 mb of other taken up on the phone after the 1.1.4 install even before jailbreak. does anyone know if this is just from the 1.1.4 update or is ther residual crap from previous versions still left on there and how do I get it off? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebby View Post
    Thanks for the iphonebrowser solutions. I haven't tried either yet but i will shortly. the problem i'm having right now is that after doing like 6 refreshes and reseting everythign in the phone i still have 188.6 mb of other taken up on the phone after the 1.1.4 install even before jailbreak. does anyone know if this is just from the 1.1.4 update or is ther residual crap from previous versions still left on there and how do I get it off? Thanks.
    Mi iPhone does the same thing but min takes up 192 MB its no biggy you still have plenty of space left. I think it hold your lyrics and all that now cause everytime i add more music with lyrics it goes up a bit. It might also hold other crap im not sure of but there is nothing you can do about it. Tell me how that ibrickr works.

I updated from a jailbroken 1.1.3 straight to a 1.1.4 then jailbroke using ziphone, everything works fine with a little tweaking, you have to ssh into your phone and delete the apps folder you had in 1.1.3 in var/applications before using bosstools.. phone email youtube, summerboard customize all working fine, you have to change the system string in 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 to install apps from installer.app, and since its an upgrade i did, i still have my roms, labrynth folder, and the symbiotic link from var/root/media to var/mobile/media is still intact so makes everything alot easier

kpace1

what did you do to get summerboard working?? also there isnt a applications folder in /var.....
    Last edited by jkr801; 2008-02-27 at 09:20 PM.

People who got stuck with Baseband 04.04.05_G can downgrade use secpack from http://www.iphonefix.de/

Mine is already working with 1.1.4 but I downgrade the baseband to 04.03.13_G due to no signal. Probably this is because AnySIM has not release the latest version for baseband 04.04.05_G.

I haven't try any other application, just finished working on it. So far it doesn't seems any trouble.

Have good try everyone...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marshalljahja For This Useful Post:

mdbsat (2008-02-27)

Can an OOTB 1.1.4 be unlocked? I know they haven't been able to find an unlock yet for ZiPhone. But what about downgrading to 1.1.3 and using ZiPhone? I just don't understand how this would work because it has a new baseband.

DeanCorp

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The +185mb doesn't exist. It's phantom space being reported by iTunes. I believe it's actually a symlink pointing back to /System fooling iTunes into thinking there is an additional "Other" taking up space.

Does Summerboard, Customize and other 1.1.3 specific apps work with 1.1.4?

Banned
    Thanks

hasnt workd on mine so far. i used ziphone2.4

if you restore on a diffrent computer you can bypass error 1015, that worked for me. I am about to upgrade to 1.1.4 and ZiPhone jailbreak because i guess it works. Ill get back with a conformation.

hi marshalljahja ,

i presue your had an unlocked 7 jailbroken 1.1.3 before? Can you please explain how you installed 1.1.4, unlocked/jailbroken & downgraded baseband?

i am interested since i don't use the at&t network

thanks

I got most apps working on 1.1.4 and I got customize working, but I can't get summerboard uninstalled to then reinstall it properly. It gives me the "Main script execution failed" error.
    I updated from 1.1.3 jailbroken with ziphone, updated to 1.1.4 and then jailbroken with ziphone 2.4, then I ran the ziphone ibrickr fix for iphonebrowser to see it as jailbroken and ran the 1.1.3 sv patch.
    Cant understand why I can uninstall and reinstall all my programs except for Summerboard.
    I don't wanna restore to 1.1.4 and lose all my tweaks.

had jailbroke 1.1.3 with ziphone. updated to 1.1.4. newest baseband and boot loader im on at&t. used the new ziphone 2.4 gui went to advance settings checked only jailbreak nothing else. itunes 7.6.1 runing on the backround on windows xp. jailbreak ran phone rebooted everything worked still saw me on att and had installer app. made a call it worked. shut of and turned back on the phone, and i had lost my network. it did not say no service it was just blank. had someone else call my cell #. phone rang i saw there caller id like normal. phone came back with att as the network. and i tried another restart. the network stayed. sofar it appears to be working only too a few min to do. i still have to install all the apps. but other than that it worked for me. thanks to ziphone...... just played with installer. it refreshed sources and it apears to have kept apps i previously had with 1.1.3 even though they are not yet working. update had 4 updates for programs i previously had on phone. i figured that it would have all be lost when i upgraded to 1.1.4 with itunes. nothing has ever been saved before is this a side affect of ziphone?
    Last edited by asadjewonxmas; 2008-02-28 at 03:57 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does your phone have to be a jailbroken 1.1.3 for you to upgrade to 1.1.4 with Ziphone?

Default Getting summerboard to work with 1.1.4.....
    what you need to do is open systemversion.plist and scroll all the way to the right. it will say 1.1.4 and you just change the 4 to a 3 and replace old plist with the new one you just made with the three. then you can install summerboard. i don't know about customize though because i never use it. but i'm guessing that will work for that too. then after they are installed you can change the 3 back to a 4 so that your phone will correctly report the version.

systemversion.plist can be found in:

system>library>coreservices

just save it and open it with notepad.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure that all that space is lyrics and stuff because my itunes reports it consistantly the same value after every refresh and before i jailbreak or put anything on my phone. Does anybody know how to completely clean off the iphone hard drive and start from complete scratch? Maybe that would help.
    Last edited by Nebby; 2008-02-28 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebby For This Useful Post:

marc180292 (2008-02-29)

I upgraded to 1.1.4 and i used ziphone 2.4 and just jail break i am a att custumer and everything when smooth after it was done, i click on the installer and its taking for ever to do checking source and i cannot not installed anything not my bsd systems and it wont let me reinstall Installer 3.0 this is pissing me off so if any one could help me out i would appreciated thanks.

Is the 1.1.4 speed improvement really worth the hour it would take to upgrade?
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

my installer 3.0 has is taking forever to check sources. what do i do?

I checked that and it was 1.1.3 because I ran the 1.1.3 sv patch.
    so that is not the case. Customize DOES work.
    Let me try it again, maybe I'm going crazy

Quote Originally Posted by macachia View Post
    hi marshalljahja ,

i presue your had an unlocked 7 jailbroken 1.1.3 before? Can you please explain how you installed 1.1.4, unlocked/jailbroken & downgraded baseband?

i am interested since i don't use the at&t network

thanks

1. Restore your firmware 1.1.4 with itunes in DFU mode.
    2. Activate using ziphone 2.4 with a little bit modification from this
    Maybe you'll experience no signal after that.
    3. Install BSD, vt-100, etc. (for baseband downgrade preparation)
    4. Downgrade the baseband. Don't forget to use the match secpacks. Maybe you can find here http://www.rapidshare.com/files/9534...5-04.03.13.rar
    Patch with AnySIM 1.3 (if needed)
    5. DONE

The reason why I downgrade the baseband, because I always experience no signal with 1.1.4 and baseband 04.04.05_G. Maybe some people not get this issue.

Hope it can help.... GOOD LUCK

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast