Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible

i made a thread.. its about 25 mins. left..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Okay I have no idea if I did this right... Details of AT&T ONLY 3G iPhone 2.1 (just Cydia & Installer) : Software > Mobile phones - Mininova

Once again it's for 3G AT&T iPhone only

Edit: I'm fairly certain to restore any of these files you should be using iTunes 8. On all three of my iPhones with iTunes 8 all I did was "Option+Restore" no dfu mode or anything and they all loaded just fine, no errors.
    Thanks for uploading but it needs to be seeded. Are you seeding it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

yes it needs seeded

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, please seed!!! And thanks alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    Can someone please share a non-AT&T 2g custom firmware???

Thanks in advance

Grip will have one ready soon. Please see this thread

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...ares-here.html

He beat me in telling you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    CyberGreg - you need to seed the file
    lol - if I only knew how... I'm trying to figure it out... sorry... I can download and share but I've never uploaded my own bt file

[QUOTE=lostwhiteboyy;2170331]Everyone should go here DevTeam releases PwnageTool and QuickPwn 2.1, wants to rumble - Engadget and vote to show them that the dev still matters big time to the iphone world!

This is from devs blog!
    "Important update Hmm well Thomas Ricker has put our fate in your hands. Please vote in his poll!
    Should we press on? Or just throw in the towel? Do “rogue” applications like Cycorder, NES.app (and the other console emulators) — and all the other applications that Apple won’t approve — matter? That includes unlocking "[/QUO

Irrelevant???? LMAO!!! Thomas Ricker must be a fool!! Were it not for the Dev Team there would be NO VideoCamera (Cycorder), no NES or other Emulation of gaming consoles, no tethering, no biteSMS, no themes, no custom icons, no custom banners, etc, etc... To even breathe the words "irrelevant" and "Dev Team" in the same sentence is truly buffoonery.

Wake up Mr. Ricker... and pull your head out of Mr. Job's ###!!!!
    Last edited by ride; 2008-09-13 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    Grip will have one ready soon. Please see this thread

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...ares-here.html

He beat me in telling you!
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon132 View Post
    Hey guys, long time since i Jailbreak, so i had a question regarding the newest methods.

I had a 2g iphone which i jailbroke and used with the older methods, since ig ot the 3g i haven't jailbroken cause app store seems to be enough for me. But id like custom wallpapers, and check out some of the jailbreak apps.

My question is, whats the main difference between quickpwn and pwntool. Is the process totally reversible by just restoring the phone with an official firmware? does it mess with basebands ect?

I guess thats just my main concern, messing the phone up and having crash issues after i restore to an official firmware.
    can someone please fill me in on these questions?

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Ok I'm gonna try something cool. I am Jailbroken on 2.02 and am about to upgrade to 2.1 using Itunes 8. I know I will lose my jailbreak but then I will QuickPWN. After Quickpwn I will copy all my old Cydia Apps from my stash to the new folder and reboot and I will have everything I used to have. Hopefully. Ill keep you updated
    Ok I have upgraded to 2.1 using OPTION KEY and CHECK FOR UPGRADE in ITUNES 8 with the 2.1 Firmware I downloaded form here.
    I first removed all my categories folders and GPRS Icons app from Cydia. All works except for hacked IPA apps and lost all my jailbroken apps.
    I am now going to QuickPWN.
    Ill let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by coppernights View Post
    here is a link to a custom firmware that i made for 2G iphone.

hope this helps out a little bit.

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

also, after re-pwning my phone i'm noticing that i keep getting an error "could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

any idea's on that? i'm unlocked/jailbroken through tmobile and i have the all in data plan.

thanks in advance!
    Did you enter the APN name in the settings?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

Im tring to upgrade my 1.1.4 unlocked phone, and when i tried adding the bootloaders it says its the incorrect file, can anyone help me with this?

Ok I have upgraded to 2.1 using OPTION KEY and CHECK FOR UPGRADE in ITUNES 8 with the 2.1 Firmware I downloaded form here.
    I first removed all my categories folders and GPRS Icons app from Cydia. All works except for hacked IPA apps and lost all my jailbroken apps.
    QuickPWN is running but I got error 1621 appear, however I can see it is still PWNing in the background. Fingers Crossed

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I think megaupload.com has a much higher size limit (500mb if I recall)
    Last edited by JazJon; 2008-09-13 at 08:03 PM.

Okay guys hang on with the torrent file I am really trying to figure out how to seed.

Here's the link to the AT&T ONLY 3G iPhone 2.1 file
    Please if you don't use AT&T this file will do you no good.
    Thanks

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

bit2004 (2008-09-14), cardfelon (2008-09-13), NArush (2008-09-13)

Oh, so you can keep you proper appstore aps on, they dont get wiped off? Why did you have to get rid of the GPS icon app?
    Last edited by tigermad; 2008-09-13 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huey85 View Post
    sometimes i wish i had bought a macbook pro instead of my m1530..
    I trade you my new macbook pro, I'm just not that into it. I have vista installed and just manually boot up into that.

Demonoid FW worked great for me. I shift + clicked restore and selected the custom FW. Once it was done restoring I had to update to Itunes 8 and restart. Booted iTunes back up and synced the phone w/no problems....Now I gotta go through Cydia and grab my apps

Anyone tried if Snapture and Cycorder are both working on firmare 2.1? Someone told me they are not. :S

The new QuickPWN is awesome! You actually see each file being installed on the iPhones Display!! Just waiting for a reboot now as we speak!

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast