Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    grrrr... another day pretty much gone by and NO 2.1 Quickpwn for Windows... why has NOBODY chimed in with some indication of when or why?? Its almost as if nobody wants to say anything about it, If somebody knows anything at all, please share!
    I believe it is posted up on the Winpwn main page that the guy who does it has been busy at work...patience =P

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't understand why ppl are ******** about winpwn not being out when u just have to go out and look for the custom firmware and boom install it!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    i don't understand why ppl are ******** about winpwn not being out when u just have to go out and look for the custom firmware and boom install it!
    Yeah, I am going that route now. What I dont understand bout the process is that you are supposed to rename the folder to a .ipsw... am I understanding that wrong or do I rename something else not the whole folder =P

FYI... I downloaded one of willy's cfw's and now it is just sitting on my desktop in a zipped folder
    Last edited by TaRd; 2008-09-16 at 12:47 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spysect View Post
    THink 2.1 restore is the main firmware download from apple,

Use QuickPWN to pwn the phone. Think there is a modified version for 2.1 out somewhere I recall.

Have you tried using the custom IPSW from WIlly and entering "White DFU Mode" to restore? Method is here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post2195121
    Where? If someone knows of a modified version of quickpwn that works with 2.1 please let us know. I would prefer to quickpwn to keep things a vanilla and stable as possible. (only need Cydian) The more things modified the less confident I'll feel about my phone locking up on me. Once Im jailbroken, I dont install anything too hard core such as catagories etc. I just want video apps, backup apps, toys/games etc. I just have a feeling if I use the Custom restore method, I'll have some major issue a week from now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    grrrr... another day pretty much gone by and NO 2.1 Quickpwn for Windows... why has NOBODY chimed in with some indication of when or why?? Its almost as if nobody wants to say anything about it, If somebody knows anything at all, please share!
    It'll be out soon enough, I'm sure. Probably just some bugs they have to work out (along with perhaps measuring up to see how the Mac version is working). For the amount of work the iPhone Dev Team does on QuickPwnm and the eventual payoff for us, it's worth the wait for me (I can wait for 2.1 - not beating down the door to it).

In the meantime, keep an eye on the Dev Team's unofficial-official blog page here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ to see when they post it.
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

http://www.winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page

WinPwn 3.0 Update (09/14/08)
    It's been very busy for me recently at work and I haven't had much time to spend on WinPwn.But i'm hoping that planet/squpid and I can get the latest version out soon. I will keep you updated!

\Cmw

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    Because since following this thread from day one, I have seen only complaints about screw-ups and not one clear-concise post as to how to accomplish this for a 3G iPhone JB on 2.0.2 on a legit Canadian carrier (FIDO)

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    http://www.winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page

WinPwn 3.0 Update (09/14/08)
    It's been very busy for me recently at work and I haven't had much time to spend on WinPwn.But i'm hoping that planet/squpid and I can get the latest version out soon. I will keep you updated!

Cmw
    Last edited by Bouzo; 2008-09-16 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm getting error code(6)... wtf?

Windows iTunes 8/2.1 ipsw from a few different users

My point exactly.......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaRd View Post
    Yeah, I am going that route now. What I dont understand bout the process is that you are supposed to rename the folder to a .ipsw... am I understanding that wrong or do I rename something else not the whole folder =P

FYI... I downloaded one of willy's cfw's and now it is just sitting on my desktop in a zipped folder
    It shouldn't be a zip folder. and now u don't have to change the folder to ipsw! it should be a customized firmware already with a ipsw on the end. save it to ur desktop. It should save as firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Bouzo View Post
    My point exactly.......
    Mine too... I have read every single post in this thread, every "description" of how to backdoor the jailbreak with Windows makes about as much sense as Bush politics!!
    Its great that WillyDavidK offered the ipsw file, but there's like 5 different ones, which one do I need?!?

I'm not an idiot, but i'm also still new to this... the 3G is my very 1st iPhone, and I have learned ALOT in a very short time, including making my own themes, dialer skin, and I even recently made my 1st webapp!
    As you can tell by my few number of posts, I figured 95% of it out all on my own. Please dont thrash me like i'm being high maintenence, I have never asked for help from anyone on this forum... Check my posting history and see for yourself.

I use my phone for business, I would prefer to seamlessly do the 2.1 JB with Quickpwn, I cant afford to be without my phone while its erroring, crashing, looping, not booting, etc etc.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2008-09-16)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

These threads make my head hurt. There should be a locked tutorial thread for Tmos and one for ATTs how to's with firmwares. Reading through the unlocked threads creates confusion.

After Jailbreak my iphone 3g Fw 2.1 , it lags. I notice apps take long to load up and run . I tested this in 3 iphone. After restoring its much faster now. The DEVS TEAM needs to look into this. For now I'm not JB

Ok, so that I am clear on the TONS of posts I have read. I have a 1.1.4 (Obviously 2G) JB phone on AT&T. In theory, I could take custom 2.1 FW for a 2G AT&T, use iTunes 8.0, shift key to load the new firmware on my phone and still keep all apps that I currently have as well as having the Apps Store on my phone. I dont think I have seen anyone do this successfully, so am I reduced to waiting for the Windows version of the pwnage tool? A clear yes or no or a clear explaination would be good because with everyone's input/experiences it is now unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by boneheadxan View Post
    Jordantii, I was in a similar situation where the phone stayed locked on 2.1. I just ran QuickPWN over it and that did the trick : )

You could try that...
    I ran Quickpwn and it did it's thing. It actually went all the way through like it is supposed to. When I took out the att sim and put the tmobile sim in i get the usb cable picture and it asks me to connect to itunes since it does not like the tmobile sim card. I just want to unlock the phone.

Any ideas??

I've read thru the majority of the post please correct me if I'm wrong:
    I'm on 2G pwn'd(pwnage)2.01 fw, all I have to do after I build my new custom 2.1 fw is shift restore in iTunes 8 and load the new firmware and all will be well?
    Thanks!

There is no 2G tutorial on here only 3G and they said its similar but not the same so I just wanted to be sure before I let this rip
    Always remember that you are unique....just like everyone else.

got it! just did QP and then option restore in itunes. got an error but it worked anyway!!

been trying to restore with the custom firmware and no luck.. borrowed a friend's ibook g4 and works like a charm.. just wait for the windows version if you cant get your hands on an apple comp..

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    Who is your carrier? If you are with ATT, then you DO want it to activate through iTunes. If you are on T-Mobile or someone else, then of course you don't want iTunes to activate it, but you need to pick an ipsw that activates it for you.l
    AT&T is my carrier but im not using an iphone plan through at&t im doing it the cheap way that alot of people dont know about apparently. If you unlock and jailbreak the phone and then put your SIM in AT&T sees it as an unlocked GSM phone NOT an iphone so then you dont have to pay the extra money for the iphone plan. This was told to me straight from an AT&T employee so thats what ive always done and thats why i CANT activate through itunes.

For now ive just gone back to 2.0.2 until something stable and good comes out for windows and a good way to do it. If you have something like this can you help me? Ive already downloaded your 2g 2.1 custom activate no boot logos FW and i now have 2.0.2 running smoothly, is there a way i can safely and smoothly upgrade to 2.1 with that firmware or another one from your sources and if so how?

also just to say it again i am running Windows XP Pro

Thanks

35 pages and the answers are all in there..if u really know what ur doing then u would have no probelms...i hate to be rude but this site was much better a yr ago when ppl actually read and could make sense of things..now it just seems like ppl don't know what to do, don't read or just expect someone to help them. How do u think we know the things we know? this aint the matrix..we aint uploading **** into our brains...we are reading. and if u can comprehend then this process shouldn't be hard at all...yet again sorry for coming off as an *** hole but this is just getting out of hand. When its all said and done the same thing u do in quickpwn for MAC is the same thing u do for Windows! just 2 diff systems

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast