Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible

i unlocked mine but it keeps rebooting like every 10 min

mine is 3G

thnx

Is anyone having issues with syncing? My 2.1 update went smooth without issues and I CAN sync but I have to sync twice in a row. The first time it shows it is syncing contacts, calendars...then when it should finish it gives me an error saying:

"iTunes could not back up the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected."

The phone sits in the the dock and works fine the second sync.
    Last edited by Monkiki; 2008-09-15 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahhhhwhoa View Post
    please someone help me on this, ive been up for like 6 hours straight trying to get 2.1 on my 2g iphone WITHOUT having to activate it through itunes.

I tried the upgrade to 8 and install 2.1 then downgrade to 7.7 and quickpwn but everytime after the quickpwn all i get is a black screen and a loading circle, then the circle freezes and it seems to just reboot it never loads up.

I cant get itunes to restore back to 2.0.2 without error. I currently have 2.1 on my phone but when i connect it to itunes of course it wants me to activate through itunes which i dont want to do.

HELP! how can i get my 2.1 running and activated WITHOUT activating in iTunes. I have already downloaded a custom firmware from Willy i believe it was that should ask me for activation in pwnage but everything ive seen is saying that pwnage is a mac program.

Im running Windows XP Pro. Please any advice i need my phone back!
    Hey there. I had the same problem as you had but got it fixed. Has to reach White DFU mode by using the quickpwn program to get White dfu mode. Quit the program as it reaches operation 0. And custom restore 2.1 using iTunes while the iPhone still has that White screen

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spysect For This Useful Post:

mod_monkey (2008-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    guys, the ipsw's (at least mine) are NOT zip archives, it seems that browsers tend to add this extension. If you get your firmware with .zip at the end DONT try to unzip it! Just change the extension. You may even be able to just click on the file with the zip extension still in tact (dunno if iTunes will take it, but this is how I did it in pwnage from the FW linked in the original post)

To reiterate, if you're ipsw has .zip at the end after you download it, do not try to unzip the file. If iTunes won't let you pick the file because of the zip extension, then just change the extension to ipsw and try it again.
    Windows user with both 2g and 3g now working!! i love you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im thinking of waiting til winpwn 3.0 comes out. if not; which of the ipsw's would you reccommed using WillyDavidK? Im a jailbroken 2g on 2.0.2

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

So question, if I go with this custom firmware method, will I still be able to restore my 2.02 apps/settings via itunes recovery?

If not, as much as I want 2.1 I think I'll wait for quickpwn for windows. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out though. I'm tempted to try the dual boot hackentosh way suggested a few pages back. Can I put the hackentosh in a vmware instead of dual boot? (or other vmware type program) Maybe this is a good opportunity for me to learn more mac stuff.

I'm going to also try the app backup and apt backup programs from Cydia. I wouldnt be suprised if the standard backup/restore method, produces an unstable iphone (as it did with 2.02). If it does, I can at least do a vanilla restore/quickpwn/cydia installed app-atp combo backup program recovery method.

Thanks

my iphone is stuck on the pinapple page, and i eventually get the loading wheel, but it keeps restarting. How can i get out of this situation?

Man, this is a drag... in less than 24 hrs the Dev's came up with a 2.1 Quickpwn for Mac. 3 days later, still nothing for Windows... not even any words of encouragement!
    Thanks to WillyDavidK for the ipsw, but I cant afford for my phone to be down if I have problems with that method. I guess i'll just have to wait it out.... but I didnt assume it would take this long. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Man, this is a drag... in less than 24 hrs the Dev's came up with a 2.1 Quickpwn for Mac. 3 days later, still nothing for Windows... not even any words of encouragement!
    Thanks to WillyDavidK for the ipsw, but I cant afford for my phone to be down if I have problems with that method. I guess i'll just have to wait it out.... but I didnt assume it would take this long. :-(
    x2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahhhhwhoa View Post
    please someone help me on this, ive been up for like 6 hours straight trying to get 2.1 on my 2g iphone WITHOUT having to activate it through itunes.

I tried the upgrade to 8 and install 2.1 then downgrade to 7.7 and quickpwn but everytime after the quickpwn all i get is a black screen and a loading circle, then the circle freezes and it seems to just reboot it never loads up.

I cant get itunes to restore back to 2.0.2 without error. I currently have 2.1 on my phone but when i connect it to itunes of course it wants me to activate through itunes which i dont want to do.

HELP! how can i get my 2.1 running and activated WITHOUT activating in iTunes. I have already downloaded a custom firmware from Willy i believe it was that should ask me for activation in pwnage but everything ive seen is saying that pwnage is a mac program.

Im running Windows XP Pro. Please any advice i need my phone back!
    Who is your carrier? If you are with ATT, then you DO want it to activate through iTunes. If you are on T-Mobile or someone else, then of course you don't want iTunes to activate it, but you need to pick an ipsw that activates it for you.

ToasterBoy: You should get the ipsw that has the settings you need lol. Pick a 2G firmware first, then if you are on ATT pick one that says noactivate (otherwise pick one that says activate) if you don't want installer, pick one that says noinstaller, if you want custom boot logos (pineapple vs apple) pick custombootlogos, default logos pick nobootlogos, etc etc etc

JazJon: Yes, iTunes should be able to restore your contacts, settings, and legit apps after upgrading

wadestock: see the other posts about your mobileinstallation file. If you still can't get it to work, restore to stock 2.1 CFW, try again. If you end up with the same error try downgrading iTunes, different USB cable, different modes on the iPhone, etc. If all else fails, you'll just have to wait on the dev team like a few others here.
    Last edited by WillyDavidK; 2008-09-15 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:

ToasterBoyOhFour (2008-09-15)

Talking Solution to solve Error 6 in DFU and Error 1600 in recovery on Windows
    Recovery = Error 1600
    DFU = Error 6

Solution
    I have had the same problems before and have found a way to tackle it.

It involves have one 2.0.x ipsw (supported by the Windows QuickPWN) and the custom 2.1 IPSW from Willy.

Load the QuickPWN up with the 2.0.x ipsw and go through it normally until you reach the DOS part.
    Follow the "How to enter White DFU Mode" correctly (the bit where it tells you the power button and home button.)
    As it detects it in DFU in DOS, the long text of Operation 0 appears and your iphone goes White.

You must TERMINATE the DOS window immediately, use Task Manager for that. (best to leave Task Manager open and ready when you do it.)

Load up iTunes 8.0 and should detect the iPhone in White DFU Mode.
    Shift Restore with Willy's Custom 2.1 Firmware.

And Voila! One perfect back to life iPhone!

PS. First time poster here, hope the post was alright :P

Can somebody fill this request for 2.1 please?

3g ATT, jailbreak, cydia, installer, no custom logos

Thanks in advance!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ACiB708 View Post
    I also have 2.1 (via official update) and I'm downloading QuickPwn right now, i'll post updates and let you know how it turned out
    and pcuserforever: macs rule.

UPDATE: It works likea charm, I had iPhone 3G 16GB with 2.1 official FW and i just quickPwned and it worked great, no problem, no app erasing no nothing, worked like a charm. Thanks a lot Dev Team.
    CIB708, Were you originally jailbroken 2.0.2 ? A Yes will complete the details I seek.
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    JazJon: Yes, iTunes should be able to restore your contacts, settings, and legit apps after upgrading
    Thanks I'm going to give it a try then. I noticed you have custom firmwares ready to download.

I have 3G, AT&T, and all I want is Cydia.
    (I dont care about bootlogos, installer, or running cracked apps)

Is this the best choice out there for me to download?

"iPhone-3G-activate-nobootlogos-1000MBroot.ipsw"

http://willydavidk.kittsplace.com/MM...000MBroot.ipsw
    Last edited by JazJon; 2008-09-15 at 10:19 PM.

Maybe some of you can help me with this one.

My son has a 2g that was JB and unlocked running on Tmobile. Life was good until a friend of his plugged the phone into his PC and updated the phone to 2.0.2. Then the phone would only make emergency calls. I have tried several things to get phone back but this is where I am now:

On a Mac.
    2g restored.
    2.1 FW
    itunes 8

All his apps are there and all I want to do is unlock the phone so we can use the tmobile sim card that was working great before.

I have tried pwnage 2.1 made a custom file and get into dfu mode and option restore with itunes and then the computer locks up. Then the phone goes into recovery mode and I have to start again with a regular restore.

Also, when I do all of this do I use my att sim then after it unlocks put in the tmobile sim card?

Thanks in advance.

Jordan

Jazjon listen i did this i downloaded itunes 8 friday upgraded firmware 2.1
    then i got a 2.1 restore not custom went to my laptop i had 7.7 itunes there used a quick pwn gui used the restore 2.1 after that was done i got back on my desktop where the 8.0 was at hit shift restore at the same time and i used willydavidk custom 2.1 easy as cake !!!!!!!!!!

By the way im using windows
    Last edited by cmurderr03; 2008-09-15 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmurderr03 View Post
    Jazjon listen i did this i downloaded itunes 8 friday upgraded firmware 2.1
    then i got a 2.1 restore not custom went to my laptop i had 7.7 itunes there used a quick pwn gui used the restore 2.1 after that was done i got back on my desktop where the 8.0 was at hit shift restore at the same time and i used willydavidk custom 2.1 easy as cake !!!!!!!!!!

By the way im using windows
    I dont think I'm quite following you there. Let me break down what you said. (please fill in the blanks ???)

-Upgrade my main windows desktop to itunes 8

-Let Itunes do a full backup

-Let Itunes upgrade my iphone to 2.1

-"i got a 2.1 restore not custom went to my laptop i had 7.7 itunes "
    ???huh??? please help me understand what you mean by got a

-"used a quick pwn gui used the restore 2.1"
    ???but the new quickpwn isnt out yet for 2.1, how does the old one help now that it's on 2.1???

-Shift restore on 8.0 itunes with the firmware I downloaded form the link in my last post

-now what, let itunes restore from a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post

-"i got a 2.1 restore not custom went to my laptop i had 7.7 itunes "
    ???huh??? please help me understand what you mean by got a

-"used a quick pwn gui used the restore 2.1"
    ???but the new quickpwn isnt out yet for 2.1, how does the old one help now that it's on 2.1???

THink 2.1 restore is the main firmware download from apple,

Use QuickPWN to pwn the phone. Think there is a modified version for 2.1 out somewhere I recall.

Have you tried using the custom IPSW from WIlly and entering "White DFU Mode" to restore? Method is here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post2195121

Jordantii, I was in a similar situation where the phone stayed locked on 2.1. I just ran QuickPWN over it and that did the trick : )

You could try that...

grrrr... another day pretty much gone by and NO 2.1 Quickpwn for Windows... why has NOBODY chimed in with some indication of when or why?? Its almost as if nobody wants to say anything about it, If somebody knows anything at all, please share!

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast