Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible

Worked beautifully.

HELP!! I used WillyDavidK's custom ipsw with itunes restore and noe it shows n/a for my phone number. It does show version 2.1. I chose to restore from back up (to restore settings or so I thought) after using the custom firmware. Any thoughts?

Update: phone number is shown after numerous restarts, itunes says that is currently updating apps. iphone is vibrating like a mother!

Update 2: itunes stopped updating saying that the phone was not connected (it was) i disconnected and restarted itunes, phone number is gone again....still vibrating. This is not looking good.
    Last edited by jonman; 2008-09-14 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Impatience

cyberduck works and so does openssh but apps dragged and dropped into apps folder are no longer visible

it is boring when you don't know ...nooooobi. no , imean real nooobi.
    guys i will read these threat 3 times (all pages) before i get it...

damm.

this is very weird......i get the IPSW from pwnage 2.1, then i go into DFU mode, but when im done doing the DFU process, Itunes says it did not properly detect the Iphone and unplug it and plug it back in, i do that, then it says the Iphone is in DFU mode, BUT, the Iphone doesnt show the usual "connect to Itunes" symbol on the screen......so i alt-restore to the IPSW made from pwnage, and it says extracting software, and then error comes up, Error 1600, i tried the process again, then error 2001 came up, then 1600, what am i doing wrong? ive pwned a ton of times, from 2.0 to 2.0.2 and now im having problems? any advice would be great.....

For those having problems downloading the IPSW files with Safari on OSX!

Just go to the Top Bar then PREFERENCES>GENERAL and UNCHECK ¨Open ¨safe¨files after downloading¨ legend and close that windows.

Now you will get a perfect IPSW file in ZIP and ready to work with!

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Simer03 View Post
    this is very weird......i get the IPSW from pwnage 2.1, then i go into DFU mode, but when im done doing the DFU process, Itunes says it did not properly detect the Iphone and unplug it and plug it back in, i do that, then it says the Iphone is in DFU mode, BUT, the Iphone doesnt show the usual "connect to Itunes" symbol on the screen......so i alt-restore to the IPSW made from pwnage, and it says extracting software, and then error comes up, Error 1600, i tried the process again, then error 2001 came up, then 1600, what am i doing wrong? ive pwned a ton of times, from 2.0 to 2.0.2 and now im having problems? any advice would be great.....
    i am having the same issue i need help please..

**edit**

so it seems that iTunes is the problem.. i just QuickPwn'd around iTunes and it almost seemed too easy!.. thanks to every..
    Last edited by Grip; 2008-09-14 at 07:07 AM.
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

Ok to ease people's minds that are like me I will tell you how i did it. I didn't do anything fancy or hard, just followed directions. And when i decided to not listen to directions my phone stayed in recovery mode for a while. But yea these two guides are almost identical and i used them step by step to upgrade to 2.1 from 2.0.1. All my apps stayed, my sms texts stayed, contacts, settings, the whole shabam besides cydia. But i didn't care there because its easier to start over with cydia. But anyway hope these help people:

How to Jailbreak iPhone 2.1 Firmware IPSW with QuickPwn (Windows) | Code Retard

Steps To Jailbreak Iphone 2.1 - Mac Forums

for windows users

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simer03 View Post
    If your iPod has the connect to iTunes symbol then it is not in DFU mode, it is in recovery mode. DFU mode shouldn't show anything on the screen, the only way you even know your phone isn't turned off is iTunes popping up to tell you about it. There is already a whole other thread about the error 1600 issue (and other issues with iTunes 8) just look a few news articles back.

Also, it sounds like you're on a mac - have you tried quickpwn?

Quote Originally Posted by J_T_F View Post
    HELP!! I used WillyDavidK's custom ipsw with itunes restore and noe it shows n/a for my phone number. It does show version 2.1. I chose to restore from back up (to restore settings or so I thought) after using the custom firmware. Any thoughts?

Update: phone number is shown after numerous restarts, itunes says that is currently updating apps. iphone is vibrating like a mother!

Update 2: itunes stopped updating saying that the phone was not connected (it was) i disconnected and restarted itunes, phone number is gone again....still vibrating. This is not looking good.
    Holy crap, not updating.

After reading this I closed out the browser to install the .ispw file!

Someone help him out! Because I want to update, but not run into his issues!

Edit: Forgot to credit WillyDavidK, because he's pro.. help me out bro!
    Last edited by nascasho; 2008-09-14 at 07:10 AM.

Thanks

J_T_F, are you 2G or 3G, what carrier are you using? It sounds like you picked the wrong activation setting. If you are on ATT you want an ipsw that says 'noactivate' if you are T-Mobile, etc you want one that says 'activate'. This corresponds to the 'Activate my Phone' checkbox in pwnage.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:

kline1 (2008-09-14), phoneboi (2008-09-15)

what i did yesterday for 2.1:
    i went to quickpwn.com and theres instructions on how to get 2.1 on your iphone. personally i had a problem with itunes8.so install itunes 8 and dont uninstall it.update in itunes and then use quickpwn.well the icons didnt show so:

download diskaid.
    then download the mi patch(quickpwn.com has link on it)
    use diskaid and change mobile installation files.
    restart phone.
    cydia doesnt show so:

in diskaid go to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist <--delete that file
    before the Installer and so shows up again

restart ya phone and now they show.

hope this helps

quickpwn: Jailbreak iPhone 2.1 | QuickPWN
    Last edited by atownshorti; 2008-09-14 at 07:15 AM.

@dizzle: Nice.

Can anyone else verify this method for Windows? The 4 comments on the Code Retard site are mixed...

For people with issues having pwnage find the bootloader files, there is an update to the dev's blog which state that pwnage must be run from the applications folder. If not, users will experience some unintended issues.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bbdc For This Useful Post:

Dark Angel (2008-09-14)

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    J_T_F, are you 2G or 3G, what carrier are you using? It sounds like you picked the wrong activation setting. If you are on ATT you want an ipsw that says 'noactivate' if you are T-Mobile, etc you want one that says 'activate'. This corresponds to the 'Activate my Phone' checkbox in pwnage.
    I have 3g on Att. I used the noactivate ipsw. The restore went well until itunes asked if I wanted to set the phone up as new or restore settings from backup. I chose to restore from back up. itunes updates apps and kept crashing/disonnecting my phone. I endend up with a vibrating phone and screen of death. I am currently restoring to 2.0.2 and will jailbreak with quickpwn as I did before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antidis View Post
    Worked beautifully.
    I second that. Thanks WillyDavidK for the customer restore image!!
    I'm sync'in up now but with a new profile.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

WinterBoard doesn't like 2.1

I used Grip's Non-ATT fw and it works fine!

I was on 2.0.1 and all i did was
    Install Itunes 8
    Shift+Restore
    Select Cfw

and thats it! i see both Cydia and Installer on my screen and everything else works fine!
    Last edited by kingofgrope; 2008-09-14 at 07:37 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Im using a stealth sim on 3g pwnd 2.0.2... Can anyone confirm that stealth sims work on 2.1 before i pwnd 2.1
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    WinterBoard doesn't like 2.1
    Why, what problems are you having? Other than on the first reboot after I installed WinterBoard, it has been working fine (w/WbApp).

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast