Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible

I am a windows user and thanx to WillyDavid im on 2.1 2g and 3G jailbroken and on my 2g UNLOCKED.......no problem dont wait just try this method.

Banned
    Thanks

Why is it with pawnage tool can never add custom logos? Winpwn works fine but the mac one never works....

I guess I have to wait for winpwn to get custom logos.

I have 1 problem. after I restore and pwn, I restore from the backup and all the phone does it vibrate twice. itunes says its working but the phone just shows the boot logo and vibrates twice. Is this coz I had 5 icon dock installed before the upgrade or another homebrew proggy installed?

Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
    just got done installing that one, works great.
    My phone is certainly in DFU mode but it doesn't work. It starts to prepare my iphone then I get the error. I tried itunes 8 and 7 (different computers) and still no go.

Ok... I'm already jailbreaked on 2.0.2, all I need to do is use willydavidk's custom ipsw to restore in itunes and I'll be good to go? Can someone please confirm if I am understanding this correctly?

every time i open cydia and the close a bookmark is created in springboard but no image blank

im having trouble opening up my custom firmware via itunes....i remember it was something like holding the shift or alt button and click restore, but its not working!!! hmmm

Anyone else having issues with .ipa ? They won't open for me anymore ?

Running 2.1 jailbroken & have uploaded cracked mobileinstallation file.

Thx

WTF............nobody????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried restoring using the 2.1 cfw from willydavid, but I keep getting the error message 6. Now I'm stuck in recovery mode, I tried to restore straight off iTunes by shift+restore and choosing the custome fw, and tried putting the phone in both recovery and DFU mode before restoring, but it stops after trying to prepare iphone for restore and I get the error 6 message. Anyone figure out a work around for this? THanks for any help

I figured it out!

I used winpwn to get me to the point where my phone says ready to accept ipsw. then instead of using the one I created in winpwn I used the one I downloaded from above.

that's all I had to do!

note: I did this on my laptop which has itunes 7.7 and has NEVER had itunes 8. Not sure if that matters.

Iphone is not done with it's restore I will edit when it is finished and I installed a few things.

DONE and it WORKS! sweet.
    Last edited by rest_easy; 2008-09-14 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oalitis View Post
    im having trouble opening up my custom firmware via itunes....i remember it was something like holding the shift or alt button and click restore, but its not working!!! hmmm
    Dude...try waiting more than 11mins before giving out that no one had responded

There are issues using iTunes to restore custom 2.1 firmware. You need to update to 2.1 official firmware, then use quickpwn on a mac to jailbreak. If your on 3G iPhone and want at some point in the future avail of activation so you can use different network, the official firmware will update your modem firmware, possibly making it more difficult to do this in the future. Just a warning.

..and your correct, on windows you hold down shift and click restore and on a mac you hold down alt and click restore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

updated to iTunes 8.0, FW 2.1 on 3G iPhone, quickpwn gave no problems at all

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

i upgraded to 2.1 today then used quickpwn for os x

everything works great after a full restore and quickpwn.

except when i reboot, it wont reboot i just spent 3 hours getting everything synced and set up

This is the 3rd time i did this today but it always has a problem rebooting!!!!

anyone else having this problem?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey guys, back from dinner. I'm in the process of uploading the ipsw for chug and one other that requested it after him (2G, activation, without installer, and with default boot logos)

ryanean, are you rasterizing all of your layers and flattening the image before trying to use it? Also I think interlacing has something to do with it as well.

Sorry about this error 6 mess, I wish I knew what was wrong. Have you guys tried the iTunes patch on the dev team's blog? Just another thing I thought of.

irishj: Look at page 13, read SMEEs walkthrough, you need to patch the mobileinstallation file.

Quote Originally Posted by cmurderr03 View Post
    willydavidk please help me out i have att service my iphone was jailbroke before but i did the 2.1 update with itunes so obvious its not pwned anymore which 1 of your files do i use and i know this is dumb but where is the guide to install please big dogg help me
    Assuming you have 3G phone here, you're probably best to just go with default settings: noactivate-custombootlogos.

UPDATE: Latest 2G ipsw is up!
    Last edited by WillyDavidK; 2008-09-14 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:

yukycg (2008-09-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    Hey guys, back from dinner. I'm in the process of uploading the ipsw for chug and one other that requested it after him (2G, activation, without installer, and with default boot logos)

ryanean, are you rasterizing all of your layers and flattening the image before trying to use it? Also I think interlacing has something to do with it as well.

Sorry about this error 6 mess, I wish I knew what was wrong. Have you guys tried the iTunes patch on the dev team's blog? Just another thing I thought of.

irishj: Look at page 13, read SMEEs walkthrough, you need to patch the mobileinstallation file.

Assuming you have 3G phone here, you're probably best to just go with default settings: noactivate-custombootlogos.

UPDATE: Latest 2G ipsw is up!

I figured it out after a little trial and error.

First I took the PNG I wanted and reduced it down to 300x450 then saved for web.

Next I saved it as a gif with 128 colors.

Then I created a new file with the 320x480 size RGB and transparency.

Then I copied the gif I saved earlier and pasted it into the new page.

Once again saving for web, but instead of GIF I chose PNG with transparency.

TADA!! It worked perfectly. Just in case anyone else couldnt get it to work. :-D

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanean For This Useful Post:

WillyDavidK (2008-09-16)

I've downloaded a couple of the ipsw people have loaded on here including willys but there all in zip file. I rename it to ipsw and then extract but still nothing. What I'm I doing wrong by the way I'm on windows vista, pls help

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lasteve View Post
    I've downloaded a couple of the ipsw people have loaded on here including willys but there all in zip file. I rename it to ipsw and then extract but still nothing. What I'm I doing wrong by the way I'm on windows vista, pls help
    yeah i got this too. error 6 or something and then it leaves my phone on boot screen. all i can do from there is dfu restore and wait an hour for it to sync all my music again !

Default Windows compatibility
    Any thoughts as to when we can expect a Windows capable Pwn? I left the Edge network turned off in BossPrefs before updating to 2.1, and now without reinstalling it I'm left without a data connection whenever Edge is my only option... I've thought about reverting to 2.0.2 and re-jailbreaking to turn it back on, but what a hassle just to do it all over again when the 2.1 jailbreak works for Windows. So I ask, any idea when?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

guys, the ipsw's (at least mine) are NOT zip archives, it seems that browsers tend to add this extension. If you get your firmware with .zip at the end DONT try to unzip it! Just change the extension. You may even be able to just click on the file with the zip extension still in tact (dunno if iTunes will take it, but this is how I did it in pwnage from the FW linked in the original post)

To reiterate, if you're ipsw has .zip at the end after you download it, do not try to unzip the file. If iTunes won't let you pick the file because of the zip extension, then just change the extension to ipsw and try it again.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:

jonman (2008-09-14), Myque (2008-09-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    i upgraded to 2.1 today then used quickpwn for os x

everything works great after a full restore and quickpwn.

except when i reboot, it wont reboot i just spent 3 hours getting everything synced and set up

This is the 3rd time i did this today but it always has a problem rebooting!!!!

anyone else having this problem?
    fixed my own problem, i had the apple logo and noticed that my transmit app was still able to read my phone even though it wasnt fully booted, so i figured that the only major change i made was the mobileinstalltion file so i reverted it to the backup i made and my phone booted fine, so i used smee's method and it worked great...back to my old self now, cept way faster response from the phone!

LOVE 2.1!!

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast