Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

i jailbroke and activated it

Default zip extraction problem
    anyone had problems extracting the ziphone download, mine reports 3 access denied then unzips until I get 'could not complete operation' Tried running the ziphone exe but it immediately reports a win error, send/don't send

i tried that to and all the other ones no work

Worked fine with me..... straight OTB from Apple...

Quote Originally Posted by theredrojo View Post
    connect it to the dock and make sure the cable is plugged into the computer and then try to put it into recovery mode.

hope this helps
    Edit: I tried jailbreaking/activating with ZiPhone again and got the same thing. Now it's time to try it manually. Either this particular phone doesn't like ZiPhone or something else is going on.

Thanks theredrojo and AotW. This tip did the trick. Now the question is do I dare try ZiPhone again or do a manual activate and jailbreak.

That was the kind of scare that takes a few years off your lifespan and I don't think I want that again.
    Last edited by jmel42; 2008-02-13 at 07:09 PM.

i just tested this out and its brilliant just awesome i had the dev team 1.1.3 jailbreak done to my phone so i reinstalled everything to factory new my phone was originally 1.0.2 when i got it anyways i reinstalled 1.1.3 without any hacks or jailbreaking procedures and i proceded to use this and it worked amazingly it was a miracle haha no i dont need to go through all the trouble of downgradeing and upgrading to top it off my phone wont let me downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 anymore oh well

Quote Originally Posted by jmel42 View Post
    Thanks theredrojo and AotW. This tip did the trick. Now the question is do I dare try ZiPhone again or do a manual activate and jailbreak.

That was the kind of scare that takes a few years off your lifespan and I don't think I want that again.
    I would(and had) try it again.

When its not working you can still do a manual activate and jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Try to restore to 1.1.3 than try to run the newer version of ZiPhone.

http://home.no/geezuzz/ZiPhoneGUI.exe

Hope this helps, let us know.

Have you upgraded to 1.1.3 or restored?

I had restored my OTB 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and have no problems with youtube.
    Thanks AotW, this link for the GUI worked for me.

Upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 via iTunes.
    Ran the GUI, with the Active & Jailbreak option.

I did notice no Installer icon, so I ran the GUI again just picking the Jailbreak and .... Whala, the Installer icon appears.

I noticed if the Edge is not on yet then you will have youtube and mail problems so you might have to wait until the E shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post

I did notice no Installer icon, so I ran the GUI again just picking the Jailbreak and .... Whala, the Installer icon appears.

I noticed if the Edge is not on yet then you will have youtube and mail problems so you might have to wait until the E shows up.
    Glad that I could help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post

I was wondering about this. Did you have 1.1.2 OTB or a 1.1.2 with old baseband and bootloader? The readme warns it only works with 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB phones.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Default please help
    i am using the 1.2 of ziphone
    was using 1.1.1 & 3.9 which was restored to 1.1.3
    i just checked jb & activate and and and
    i can just see the apple logo on the blackscreen after it restored automatically

Thanks

I'm on baseband 4.013.13G

Hi there,
    I AM new to all this.i downloaded Ziphone file.Do i need any special program to run this file?.Second,i have 1.1.2otb,i downgraded to 1.1.1 then jailbreakit,did't work then i restored to 1.1.2 with the shift key,now ican enter in by *#307#and can not install appsnap,when i check uner general about it shows version 1.1.2,please help how i can use ziphone,do i need to upgrade to 1.1.3 by itune?thanks a lot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hgill View Post
    Hi there,
    I AM new to all this.i downloaded Ziphone file.Do i need any special program to run this file?.Second,i have 1.1.2otb,i downgraded to 1.1.1 then jailbreakit,did't work then i restored to 1.1.2 with the shift key,now ican enter in by *#307#and can not install appsnap,when i check uner general about it shows version 1.1.2,please help how i can use ziphone,do i need to upgrade to 1.1.3 by itune?thanks a lot

As quoted from the first page:

"Zibri has released ZiPhone - an incredible tool for activating, jailbreaking, repairing, and unlocking all versions of iPhones (unlock only works on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB)."

Me personally, I would upgrade it to 1.1.3 via iTunes & make sure first that you can use YouTube, Mail .... then run the ZiPhoneGUI.
    Last edited by y0haan; 2008-02-13 at 08:40 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No youtube either. I'm at work so tonight I may just restore then. re-zipone it.

i had a dev 1.1.3...i did zi's method and restored to factory 1.1.3 and ran the app...i dont' think it upgraded the baseband though...it still says 04.02.13G...my ORIGINAL phone was a 1.1.2 OTB....any ideas suggestions on how i can upgrade my baseband to 4.03 ?

uh oh. i just restored to 1.1.3 and tried this new jailbreak and now my iphone only has a black screen with the apple logo. i have tried numerous times to re-boot and it still comes up the same. any advice?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    u can use ziphone with 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. jailbreakme.com doesnot work wth 1.1.2 or 1.1.3

Retired Motorola Modder.

Quote Originally Posted by rishabsyd View Post
    i am using the 1.2 of ziphone
    was using 1.1.1 & 3.9 which was restored to 1.1.3
    i just checked jb & activate and and and
    i can just see the apple logo on the blackscreen after it restored automatically
    Sounds similar to what I just went through. Find ZiPhone 1.0, it should be linked at the beginning of this thread. You'll have to put the phone in recovery mode and restore 1.1.3 using iTunes. Then use ZiPhone the way I did it. I did the activate only first and then ran it again to do the jailbreak. It worked fine for me. Then go into Installer and install BSD Subsystem and get and run anySim.

Quote Originally Posted by Haylel View Post
    those who are stuck at "wait 45 seconds"
    are you using the ZiPhone 1.1 version?
    the one that puts your phone into restore mode for you?

if you are, go find ZiPhone 1.0 instead and try that

i've used 1.0 twice now and it took about a minute each time to jailbreak my phone

1.1 i tried in between and it just got stuck at the same point everyone else keeps saying they are stuck at
    Thanks worked great

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast