Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Guys, I can verify that the jailbreak works perfectly. Both my friend and I had AT&T, 1.1.3 stock phones, and it worked. The only slight problems I had were the main execution script failed message after using BossTool, moving the apps first. Then after a frustrating restore and rejailbreak which didnt fix the problem, I restored again but from recovery mode, and now I'm on a fully fumctioning 1.1.3 JAILBROKEN!!!!!
    To use Bigboss after jealbreaking 1.1.3, you have to install BSD subsystem (the newest version).
    Enjoy,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Guys, I can verify that the jailbreak works perfectly. Both my friend and I had AT&T, 1.1.3 stock phones, and it worked. The only slight problems I had were the main execution script failed message after using BossTool, moving the apps first. Then after a frustrating restore and rejailbreak which didnt fix the problem, I restored again but from recovery mode, and now I'm on a fully fumctioning 1.1.3 JAILBROKEN!!!!!
    To use Bigboss after jealbreaking 1.1.3, you have to install BSD subsystem (the newest version).
    Enjoy,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    If you upgrade, yes. If you have to restore for any reason, no.
    hey can you help me out? you helped me out alot of times before and i was wondering if you can look at the post above you and give me some help.

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger7476 View Post
    Well im on a PC, and I do have .net installed - with the GUI or the command prompt it does the normal

working
    wait 45"
    done!

And I guess the last thing I can try is a restore - I restored it about a week and a half ago so i was hoping it wouldn't make a difference. I am at work and have itunes but unfortunately it wont let me restore it since I guess they block the connection to the itunes server.

Extra info...I believe I have a 1.1.1 OTB but i cant remember, I got it back in November - had it as a 1.1.2 jailbroken for a while but just upgraded to 1.1.3 and left it like that about a week and a half ago

Update - I have resotred the phone and repeated all of the same steps and still reboots the phone like nothing happened without the installer.app

any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

1. So if I have 3rd party apps on my phone, I realize that upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 will cause these not to work...will they still be there in old folders, or will the upgrade completly wipe them out?

2. Also, is there ANY way I can backup my phone numbers? I've put a lot in lately, so If I lost them I'd be kinda screwed.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    what is the proper way to put my phone into recovery mode without making the gui crash i tried it before and the gui crashed as soon as i did it

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    Can someone please help me seriously.

I dont get the part where you have to remove the phone off dock (the wait 2'30) part then reconnect...you remove it BEFORE or AFTER for the home screen as it just says reconnect.

And im in UK will i need the Iworld installed?

Also..

Would installer.app be available through ziphone?

And whats the -u change imei part. Is that needed or only when the iphone displays a wrong imei 0049XXXXXXXXXXX ?
    so when it tells u to power of the phhone just hold the power on/off button and home button at the same time until the fone turns off at first and then it will turn back on and keep holding it until the connect to itunes logo comes up (this means recovery mode) and then it will start to work.
    then thru installer iinstall i world and it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    Can someone please help me seriously.

I dont get the part where you have to remove the phone off dock (the wait 2'30) part then reconnect...you remove it BEFORE or AFTER for the home screen as it just says reconnect.

And im in UK will i need the Iworld installed?

Also..

Would installer.app be available through ziphone?

And whats the -u change imei part. Is that needed or only when the iphone displays a wrong imei 0049XXXXXXXXXXX ?
    so when it tells u to power of the phhone just hold the power on/off button and home button at the same time until the fone turns off at first and then it will turn back on and keep holding it until the connect to itunes logo comes up (this means recovery mode) and then it will start to work.
    then thru installer iinstall i world and it will work.

tip for ziphone:

if attempting to activate and jailbreak, sometimes putting iphone into restore mode before running ziphone will not work... it will report back that it finished fine, but you will still get the slide for emergency... to solve this problems, first power off your iphone normally (slide to power off) then run the ziphone -a -j command... while ziphone is searching for iphone, dock the iphone while holding the home button... works everytime... hope this helps...

Wow

I have tried the instructions for both mac and PC...usually on both i get
    "zibri.dat" could not be opened for reading

I went on the mac and ran chmod 777 zibri.dat .....did not help
    At one point I had it up to bus error, but still no unlocked or jailbroken anything

Beause of all of the problems I see with mac, im trying now mostly on a pc.

All i can get is zibri.dat could not be opened for reading....

Do I have to change permissions on windows? How do I do that?

I am thinking about submitting this phone for the next episode of "will it blend"

so can i use this on my itunes activated at&t iphone that was resently upated to 1.1.3?

Thanks
    should i disconnected from my pc when i put it into recovery then reconnect when i get the connect to itunes logo because i did it connected and the screen stayed black and the gui crashed

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnellyiv View Post
    no gui. just type the commands in terminal. ignore the .exe.
    ok, ill give it a try now

Osiris0290
    Quote Originally Posted by andrex04 View Post
    Wow

I have tried the instructions for both mac and PC...usually on both i get
    "zibri.dat" could not be opened for reading

I went on the mac and ran chmod 777 zibri.dat .....did not help
    At one point I had it up to bus error, but still no unlocked or jailbroken anything

Beause of all of the problems I see with mac, im trying now mostly on a pc.

All i can get is zibri.dat could not be opened for reading....

Do I have to change permissions on windows? How do I do that?

I am thinking about submitting this phone for the next episode of "will it blend"
    Exact same problem on this end. And when I try using the GUI it reports that my iPhone has been jailbroken successfully, but I don't see any Installer.app icon and I don't have access to any system files.
    I have a freshly restored 1.1.3 iPhone with AT&T service, 04.03.13_G firmware and Bootloader 3.9.
    With the GUI I only chose "Jailbreak," I shouldn't additionally be choosing "Activate," should I? It's activated with AT&T. Just thinking out loud here...
    Please help!
    Last edited by Osiris0290; 2008-02-13 at 12:07 AM.

wow that was totally the easiest thing I've ever done thanks to the UI I woul have jailbroken my phone already but wasn't sure if I was up to all the technical stuff well now I'm off to try some 3rd party apps thanks guys

hey guys comeon plz answer my questions i posted them a couple of times
    1- i am getting download package failed for bsd subsystem all the time and restored to 1.1.1 and still
    2- on 1.1.3 of ziphone after i managed to install anysim but no bsd subsystem it freezes as soon as i press the button to start unlock
    3- i managed to install bsd light and openssh but i always got on 1.1.3 server unexpectedly closed network connection!!!

please i am in deep in of ur help i dont want to lose my iphone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc35 View Post
    So I have a question. I have the 3.9 bootloader. Could I restore my iPhone to 1.1.3 with an unaltered baseband, then use this method to jailbreak and activate, and then use anySIM 1.1.3 to unlock the phone, seeing how that is specifically for iphones with the 3.9 bootloader. Then the phone would be completely unlocked jailbroken, and activated. Just wondering if something like that would work.
    For all those wondering. I tried this and it worked. First I downgraded to 1.1.1. Then jailbroke and activated, and then downgraded my baseband using the baseband downgrader that can be found in installer. Then I restored the 1.1.1 firmware. After that I put the iphone into DFU and upgraded/restored to 1.1.3. I then used the ziphone gui and activated and jailbroke 1.1.3. After that I used WinSCP to copy over AnySim 1.1.3, set all the permissions to 0755, restarted the phone, put it in Airplane mode, and then ran AnySIM 1.1.3. After it was done I restarted the phone and turned airplane mode off. It worked like a charm. Now I have 1.1.3 fully unlocked, activated, and jailbroken, with the newest baseband, and I am on the 3.9 bootloader.
    Last edited by Sirhc35; 2008-02-13 at 12:12 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does anyone know if this is fixed and on for osx now? I ran it like i was supposed to on osx and everything seemed fine but when my phone rebooted i still had no installer app...any suggestions

could u plz attach the anysim 1.1.3 app for us plz i dont want to use installer !! thx

Okay, sorry for being a noob

but if I use with with a new UK O2 iPhone 8gb, can I use the phone with a pay as you go O2 simcard and use all features?

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast