Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

After this program is run (which worked perfectly for me btw), how does one go about getting Installer.app back on there. All the other jailbreak methods didn't work on my phone. I have the 8GB model that came with 1.0.2 and it is currently running 1.1.3 and unlocked after using the ZiPhone application.

Any ideas on getting Installer.app now? Thank you all.

I have an iphone that was came with 1.0.2 (Boot loader 3.9). I had already upgraded to 1.1.2 (Activated, unlocked with ANYSIM 1.2, Jailbreaked). Decided to give 1.1.3 a go with ZiPhone. It could not have been easier.

1. Downloaded the 1.1.3 restore image.
    2. Restored the iPhone using iTunes (I decided not to update because I wanted a fresh install)
    3. Followed the ZiPhone instructions with a -j -a (in windows XP)
    4. Installed and ran Anysim 1.3 on the iPhone (because I have a 3.9 Boot Loader)

My iPhone is now Jailbroken, Unlocked and activated on 1.1.3 with baseband 4.03.13_G. Fandabbydosey!

Thanks to the developers for all the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
    i dont get it. i downloaded the zip prgram but it is in .exe format and i have a mac. how do i get the gui??
    no gui. just type the commands in terminal. ignore the .exe.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to donnellyiv For This Useful Post:

mdbsat (2008-02-12)

cant get youtube to work after i did the ZiPhone jailbreak, i looked all over for the fix in installer cant find it even added extra sources and no luck. Every thing else is working

Talking ZiPhone is great!
    I have an iphone that was came with 1.0.2 (Boot loader 3.9). I had already upgraded to 1.1.2 (Activated, unlocked with ANYSIM 1.2, Jailbreaked). Decided to give 1.1.3 a go with ZiPhone. It could not have been easier.

2. Restored the iPhone using iTunes (I decided not to update because I wanted a fresh install)
    4. Installed and ran Anysim 1.3 on the iPhone (because I have a 3.9 Boot Loader)

My iPhone is now Jailbroken, Unlocked and activated on 1.1.3 with baseband 4.03.13_G. Fandabbydosey!

Talking It Works!
    I copied it to drive C: and followed the instructions dot my i's crossed the t's. And it worked. Thanks a million. However does my country code have something to do with the dialer because i try to dial and it just crashes. This is an OTB 1.1.2 . I am wondering if its because i am not in the U.S. that the dialer crashes. But other than that it dials when the contact exists.

Thanks,

Knightshadow

Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    um fan why would you??? If you already did the jailbreak and unlocked the phone, you dont need to do this
    To be honest...I'm stuck
    I downgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 following this tut http://http://www.modmyi.com/forums/...ad.php?t=30433 so now I got a 1.1.1 with a 4.6BL...figured what the hell, so I installed the package which ran find...said I had a unlock phone.
    Pop'ed the T-MO sim and it didn't work.
    Then I did the oktoprep 1.1.1 to upgarde to 1.1.2 but itunes only allows me to update to 1.1.3 unless I put the phone in restore mode.
    Do I just upgrade to 1.1.3 via itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    Can someone please help me seriously.

I dont get the part where you have to remove the phone off dock (the wait 2'30) part then reconnect...you remove it BEFORE or AFTER for the home screen as it just says reconnect.

And im in UK will i need the Iworld installed?

Also..

Would installer.app be available through ziphone?

And whats the -u change imei part. Is that needed or only when the iphone displays a wrong imei 0049XXXXXXXXXXX ?
    Your iPHone should be connected at all time....remember the computer needs to read and places the files to the iPhone...if you take it off it won't work...and -u is for unlock...if you are using the command option ziphone -a -j -u for activation, jailbreak and unlock

Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    um fan why would you??? If you already did the jailbreak and unlocked the phone, you dont need to do this
    To be honest...I'm stuck
    I downgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 following this tut http://http://www.modmyi.com/forums/...ad.php?t=30433 so now I got a 1.1.1 with a 4.6BL...figured what the hell, so I installed the package which ran find...said I had a unlock phone.
    Pop'ed the T-MO sim and it didn't work.
    Then I did the oktoprep 1.1.1 to upgarde to 1.1.2 but itunes only allows me to update to 1.1.3 unless I put the phone in restore mode.
    Do I just upgrade to 1.1.3 via itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    Can someone please help me seriously.

I dont get the part where you have to remove the phone off dock (the wait 2'30) part then reconnect...you remove it BEFORE or AFTER for the home screen as it just says reconnect.

And im in UK will i need the Iworld installed?

Also..

Would installer.app be available through ziphone?

And whats the -u change imei part. Is that needed or only when the iphone displays a wrong imei 0049XXXXXXXXXXX ?
    Your iPHone should be connected at all time....remember the computer needs to read and places the files to the iPhone...if you take it off it won't work...and -u is for unlock...if you are using the command option ziphone -a -j -u for activation, jailbreak and unlock

Use the GUI better...no commands needed

New Version ZiPhone GUI:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/91310707...oneGUI_new.exe

I'm having this problem on the 2 phones that I used the ZiPhone method, Youtube is not working and I looked for the fix in installer like some people suggested added some sources and I cant find it. Every thing else works fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i used version 7.5. not sure if it matters.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

GUYS, I'VE POSTED THIS 5 TIMES!! Could someone please answer this question?? Thanks....

Hey, when I upgrade my jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 via itunes am I going to still have all my SMS, pictures, contacts, ect?? If thats the case then i'll do the ziphone jailbreak once i update.

could someone tell me why when i get into searching for iphone it does it for a second and gives me this
    Searching for iPhone...
    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _sleep$UNIX2003
    Referenced from: /Users/markkwak/Desktop/ZiPhone/./ziphone
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _sleep$UNIX2003
    Referenced from: /Users/markkwak/Desktop/ZiPhone/./ziphone
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
    Mark-Kwaks-Computer-2:~/Desktop/ZiPhone markkwak$

sorry to double post

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

If you upgrade, yes. If you have to restore for any reason, no.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks!

Thanks
    what is the proper way to put the phone into recovery mode without the gui crashing fw1.1.3 locked os windows

So i ran the program and it says it was succesful. Then i go to my screen and theres no installer. Also i opened up iBrickr and it says "free your phone" which means my phones not jailbroken, am i correct? Are you guys unlocking your phones also or are you just jailbreaking and activating?
    Digg

So i ran the program and it says it was succesful. Then i go to my screen and theres no installer. Also i opened up iBrickr and it says "free your phone" which means my phones not jailbroken, am i correct? Are you guys unlocking your phones also or are you just jailbreaking and activating?
    Digg

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast