Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

Thanks for answering my question guys. Fags.

quick question, I just a got a new iphone 16G for the wife (valentines day gift)
    Could I use this method if I started downgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and already jailbreak and activated
    Thanks

um fan why would you??? If you already did the jailbreak and unlocked the phone, you dont need to do this

sooo....anyone have any ideas yet why installer.app wouldnt show up after this process has been done correctly several times?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hmmm ,wat version r u running?

Retired Motorola Modder.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    wow. your not a nice person.

I have a upgraded version of 1.1.3 (non modified) and modem firmware is 04.03.13_G

If I had a 1.1.1 jailbroken phone, and then upgraded to 1.1.3 via iTunes, can I use this program to re-jailbreak my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by the_human_virus View Post
    Hey visions,

Thanx for ur help. Can you please also tell me if I need to have iTunes 7.5 or higher installed. Coz I already have the setup for iTunes 7.4.2, will that do?
    If you are on windows...you can stay on 7.5 or you can also use it on 7.6...

if you are on Mac...and did the downgrade to 7.4 after the jailbreak, activation and unlock you can put ur itunes back at 7.5 or 7.6 as well...

cheers and enjoy!

a lot of people had success with the first release of ZiPhone GUI on OTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, if you are upgrading from a lower version...it's recommended that you uninstall all programs and do a clean restore because when running ZiPhone GUI it tends to copy a new installer on the iphone....

Cheers again!

i'll post a mirror to the new ZiPhone GUI shortly

Can someone please help me seriously.

I dont get the part where you have to remove the phone off dock (the wait 2'30) part then reconnect...you remove it BEFORE or AFTER for the home screen as it just says reconnect.

And im in UK will i need the Iworld installed?

Also..

Would installer.app be available through ziphone?

And whats the -u change imei part. Is that needed or only when the iphone displays a wrong imei 0049XXXXXXXXXXX ?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Heres what you need to do:

go change your tampon and get back to us when you stop being a little b**ch
    iLive an iLife

i get this
    Searching for iPhone...
    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _sleep$UNIX2003
    Referenced from: /Users/ZiPhone/./ziphone
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
    anyone help

Banned
    Thanks

i dont get it. i downloaded the zip prgram but it is in .exe format and i have a mac. how do i get the gui??

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger7476 View Post
    I have a upgraded version of 1.1.3 (non modified) and modem firmware is 04.03.13_G

goldie,

try to give some extra info please. I had a problem with the process not working either. then i realized i was downloading the windows version and not the mac version. Are you on a mac or pc? if on a pc do you have .net framework installed? what is the terminal/command prompt saying after the process completes? etc....

upgraded - keyword! if thats so, you need to RESTORE, then try it.

it seems wierd that people can't install BSD subsystem....

Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    um fan why would you??? If you already did the jailbreak and unlocked the phone, you dont need to do this
    to be honest...I'm stuck...
    I have a 1.1.1 on a 4.6BL and did what was instructed here http://http://www.modmyi.com/forums/...ad.php?t=30433
    I did the OKTOPREP 1.1.2 but once I plug the phone into itunes, it only allows me to update to 1.1.3
    I did do the unlock under 1.1.1 thinking should work...which ran just fine.
    I pop'ed my t-mobile sim and got no services.
    I'm willing to update to 1.1.3 and try this

Hi Guys,
    I installed a bad pakage yesterday and had to restore my iPhone. I am on version 1.1.3 unlocked with anysim 1.3. Bootloader 3.9. On the 04.03.13_G

I had the slide for emergency calls screen but could make calls on my Vodafone prepaid sim as it kept the settings. I had to unlock jailbreak and activate it again.

Before I knew about this ziphone I tried to downgrade to any firmware version 1.1.1, 1.1.2 but it only restored off 1.1.3. I found this zIphone and all I needed to do was run the cmd "ziphone -a -j -u" and it said "The program will now search for zibri.dat. Then it will search for the iPhone. Once found it will tell you to wait for 2 minutes and 30 seconds."

After then my iphone rebooted and found it was jailbroken and activated. I restored it off my last sync and sncyed my music and contacts again and all was back to scratch minus the appliactions except Installer. It did keep my notepad stuff, sms, recent call logs, contacts and weblinks on the home screen.

Great stuff dev team. Thought I might haveto go through hell again but it was so simple.

Cheers!

So i ran the program and it says it was succesful. Then i go to my screen and theres no installer. Also i opened up iBrickr and it says "free your phone" which means my phones not jailbroken, am i correct? Are you guys unlocking your phones also or are you just jailbreaking and activating?

I also have the 1.1.3 and 4.03.13_G like goldie

Quote Originally Posted by donnellyiv View Post
    goldie,

try to give some extra info please. I had a problem with the process not working either. then i realized i was downloading the windows version and not the mac version. Are you on a mac or pc? if on a pc do you have .net framework installed? what is the terminal/command prompt saying after the process completes? etc....

upgraded - keyword! if thats so, you need to RESTORE, then try it.
    Well im on a PC, and I do have .net installed - with the GUI or the command prompt it does the normal

working
    wait 45"
    done!

And I guess the last thing I can try is a restore - I restored it about a week and a half ago so i was hoping it wouldn't make a difference. I am at work and have itunes but unfortunately it wont let me restore it since I guess they block the connection to the itunes server.

Extra info...I believe I have a 1.1.1 OTB but i cant remember, I got it back in November - had it as a 1.1.2 jailbroken for a while but just upgraded to 1.1.3 and left it like that about a week and a half ago

can u use this on 1.1.1 BL 3.9 phones> theoretically, cant i just do an upgrade thru itunes to 1.1.3 and then use this even though the bl is stil 3.9 and not 4.6?

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast