Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 2.0.3 Released Firmware 2.0.2 Functionality Added

Quote Originally Posted by baadshah12 View Post
    can anyone pls help me with the custom firmware thing, then it will be very nice of you.

i need custom firmware 2.0.2 for 2g iphone with installer, cydia, unlocked and unchecked bootlogo. Pls be so kind and help me.
    What seems to be your problem? be specific...
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

i need custom firmware thats my problem, i dont want to repwn my iphone. Custom firmware is much easier.

can anyone pls help me with the custom firmware thing, then it will be very nice of you.

i need custom firmware 2.0.2 for 2g iphone with installer, cydia, unlocked and unchecked bootlogo. Pls be so kind and help me.
    Since I don't know what you have done to this point, I will give you the info I know, go to the top of this page and click "downloads". Then, proceed to download 2.0.2 firmware. Have you ever pwn'd your phone before?

Blah....so many updates...I just updated last night...

I haven't had any problems though, so I think I'll wait.

If that helps please click Thanks

i need custom firmware, which is not here, only mac users can make it.

Thanks

ya'll are killin it keep up the good work dev team. the pineapple rules apple.

Is this version working for anyone. I just updated, have AT&T as my carrier and non of my AppStore Apps will remain running. They start and then immediately return to the home screen. I rebooted as well.

Anyone ? (1st Gen iPhone)

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by justdan0227 View Post
    Is this version working for anyone. I just updated, have AT&T as my carrier and non of my AppStore Apps will remain running. They start and then immediately return to the home screen. I rebooted as well.

Anyone ? (1st Gen iPhone)

Dan
    Did you restore to the new custom firmware and not update to it? Also did you set up your phone as a new phone and not from a back up?

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    Did you restore to the new custom firmware and not update to it? Also did you set up your phone as a new phone and not from a back up?
    I created a custom firmware, yes, expert mode with a new logo, and 2 applications. Restored using the custom firmware, it then did the bootloaded flash (which I didn't want). It then tried to restore from backup of applications and settings and failed, so I then synced and had it put all my app store apps back.

Is that what you're asking?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by justdan0227 View Post
    I created a custom firmware, yes, expert mode with a new logo, and 2 applications. Restored using the custom firmware, it then did the bootloaded flash (which I didn't want). It then tried to restore from backup of applications and settings and failed, so I then synced and had it put all my app store apps back.

Is that what you're asking?

Dan
    Yes it is what I am asking. I think you need to set it up as a new phone and not restore from back up.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i need custom firmware, which is not here, only mac users can make it.
    I've replied to you in 2 different threads that YOU DO NOT need a Mac to make custom firmware. Until winpwn 2.5 is released, just use the current version of winpwn to create a 2.0.1 custom firmware, upgrade via iTunes, then use quickpwn to rejailbreak.

You've never exactly said why you need this custom firmware so badly. There are currently several ways to unlock/jailbreak a 2G iPhone using a PC.

NEW QUESTION ** WooT

3g iPhone; if one elects to wait for winpwn and DOES NOT upgrade the baseband, will the stock baseband still recieve reception improvements? I would assume that the better reception is tied into the baseband update and that is the only part of 2.0.2 that intrests me in the slightest, however I would rather hear it from someone that knows instead of my guess.

Thank you!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

not sure what the problem is, but have made 2 custom 2.0.2 already with pwnage 2.0.3.1, definitely unchecked the activate option and every time after the phone restores with the custom firmware, itunes won't recognize it and the phone stays at the unactivate/slide for emergency screen...

any idea on what may be the problem? thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone JP101's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, I pwned my iPhone earlier. Everything went fine. WiFi works great. No issues with mail. In fact, I have yet to see a problem. Even the GPS finds me great. I'm not sure why you are unchecking activate phone (unless its strictly something that only people who want to unlock the phone have to do), but i didn't uncheck it and everything worked fine.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ah i forgot to mention that i have the 3g with ATT and you're supposed to uncheck activate if you're on a legit iphone plan with a supported provider

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Same thing happened to me the first time, and yes, if you leave the Active Phone unchecked you'll be fine.

Can anyone tell me why Pwnage doesn't recognize a PNG as a PNG? No matter what format I save the thing in (PNG-8, PNG-24, Interlaced, not, etc) Pwnage always says "this doesn't appear to be a proper PNG". What the hell is a proper PNG?
    I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that the dimensions have to match as well. Can't be larger than 120x120 or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific but I think it was in one of the readme's that came with pwnagetool

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

delete post please.

Quote Originally Posted by czarnachmura28 View Post
    can You be more specific ?

the NEW update its on !!
    I'm not sure if 2.0.3.1 solved all the problems? but last night once i built my custom FW none of mt passwords would work......e-mail, wifi, voicemail. so i ssh'd into the phone using cyberduck changed permissions on keychain folder to 777 and everything working fine. If this was the only problem w/2.0.3, then i'm not gonna spend another 2-3 hours to re-JB my phone and then restore.

Has anybody come across this?

I tried to update a 2.0 phone on the train yesterday and it said i needed an internet connection. By the way this is a new 3G phone and it hasn't been PWND or jailbroken.

I have all the firmware from 114 up and i have done my mates 2nd gen on the train as well.

I couldn't put it into DFU mode or Restore mode when i did itunes popped up with iTunes needs a internet connection to contact the server Blah blah blah.

Does anyone know why this happened?

I even tried to put my PWND iphone into DFU and restore mode and it came up with the same error and it has never done that before i have always been able to restore it with out a internet connection.

It wouldn't even let me browse to the firmware because after this error the iphone dissapears off iTunes.

Could it be the new 3G that needs to verify the software before it allows the iphone to be restored.

Thankyou in advance

HappyModding

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast