Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how to get to DFU from recovery pleaseee

quick question so my iphone 3g has been pwned on the 2.0 version firmware. do i have do redownload the new winpwn version and jailbreak that way or can i just get a custom ipwa. and put the phone in restore mode from itunes and do i that away. and if that is the case can i get a link for the custom firmware for the 3g somewhere. thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hardskies View Post
    how to get to DFU from recovery pleaseee
    - connect your iphone while it has the itunes recovery image on screen
    - keep holding home & powerbutton for about 10 seconds, the screen should have gone black after about 5 seconds
    - When the 10 secs are over you release the power button and keep holding the homebutton until itunes recognizes your iphone
    - your screen should stay black during all this
    - some time after you have shift-selected your ipsw-file, your screen will go white and after a while you get the apple logo with a nice spinning wheel

I'm educated on the phone and also getting an error 6.. there's an issue we're dealing with .. and you lighting people up isn't getting us to an answer.. so, I have and idea, help out.. or why post?

wow.

j

GOT IT!

Just like TOMMER said, the WHITE screen is key..if you get the white screen, you're good!

Make sure you are in DFU mode!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i think i got it in DFU mode and i think i got it installing but iv done this befor and no sucsess so we will see

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When i first tried to create the custom ipsw file, i kept getting a "failed to create custom ipsw file" so i simply restarted winpwn and tried again and it worked. i tried out installer and it is terrible at this time... whenever i try to look at packages, i get a cannot find file error endlessly and it crashes every other move... And some of you have been bashing cydia.. Ha installer has had this nice long development period and it is STILL buggier than cydia started out as.
    It also had jack on it...
    dont even bother with it, just get cydia, which actually stays up and actually has packages...

GOT IT!

Just like TOMMER said, the WHITE screen is key..if you get the white screen, you're good!

Make sure you are in DFU mode!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i hope to god i dont see a Erorrer (6) this time

okay.. working for me now.. The problem absolutely was the the phone was not in DFU mode. The issue seems to be that itunes is indicating a phone in restore mode.. and many of us are assuming that's DFU.. and it's not. Hold onto the home button longer.. I got messages in the task bar that a device in DFU mode was being installed. THEN eventually.. after the driver installation messages go away.. itunes will open and you can shift/restore.

Hope this helps.. this worked for me.

j

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Holy cow guys i need some Serious help i Got into DFU mode i did a custom fw with 1000mb root i got the White screen but got to restoreing or the first one after it sets up the restore or w.e and got ere 6 please some one

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Talk About Weird.....
    So one of my friend's phones I pwned to 2.0 for use with T Mobile was updated to 2.0.1 accidentally yesterday through his iTunes not mine. His computer never was used in any pwning process. I told him NOT to update through itunes, let me pwn it again for him. Well he did it anyway, and to my suprise, It is still unlocked on the new firmware 2.0.1 and receving calls, texts, email, safari works, exchange is fine and youtube. The only thing he doesnt have is Cydia and Installer (obviously) which he never used anyway. Unreal!!! This is by no means a testimonial of what you can do, but rather and interesting phenomenon.

you are not in DFU mode.. trust me. Looks like you are.. but, you're not.. hold that home button longer.

j

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

joe i was in DFU i know it because the screen was black

yup.. thought I was too.. you have to get the DFU device installing in the task bar... Try again...

j

Anyone getting an error when trying to run the program?

Mine says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)

Help please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok it says itunes has found phone in recovery mode after saying something about a ipod is it in DFU mode

yup.. I had itunes finding a phone in recovery mode a ton too.. but, it took the installing of the dfu device in the task bar before I knew it actually was. BTW, the phone is up and running now pwned

j

Ok, I have it done..now I don't have service...wtf

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok buddy i have already had phone in recovery mode and now when i do it she wont tell me nothing bout it in the task bar cause its all installed (dfu stuff on vista)

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast